Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mighty Member

I am giving serious though to the hardcover edition of "the Vision".

Maybe dropping "Venom" and/or adding "Blackbolt". (The cross-over may be good. But, I am still bitter about Marvel resetting Venom back to 1990 spec.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Books of interest:
    TRUE BELIEVERS: PHOENIX - FEATURING CYCLOPS & MARVEL GIRL
    TRUE BELIEVERS: ENTER - THE PHOENIX!
    TRUE BELIEVERS: PHOENIX - BIZARRE ADVENTURES
    INHUMANS: BEWARE THE INHUMANS TPB
    DOCTOR STRANGE: LORDS OF FEAR TPB

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    DOCTOR STRANGE: LORDS OF FEAR TPB
    To be honest, I did not like how they watered down the Dweller in Darkness during the Fear Lords storyline in Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme. He deserved much better than being a punch line to one of Roy Thomas' lame jokes ("Ha, ha! He isn't actually scary! He is just little and pathetic! Ha ha!")
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because the current Hawkeye book stars Kate Bishop. And this is her first solo series! Defenders didn't get legacy numbering either, for the same reason, it has no relation to previous books with that name.

PR is a mini.
    Thanks for the info.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    PHOENIX RESURRECTION: THE RETURN OF (ADULT) JEAN GREY #1 - Sweet. But, as I said when this series was announced, that name is AWKWARD! Either "Phoenix Resurrection" or "The Return of Jean Grey" would do, but both is overkill! And the "(adult)" is just... insanely awkward. Like if the first arc of Titans was called "The Return of (Redheaded) Wally West"! Man, I NEED to see the cover with text to see how more awkward it can get.
    TALES OF SUSPENSE #100 - Rosenberg is a great writer, I love Bucky and like Hawkeye when he's written in the way I like (hobo with a bow... hobow), and I'm interested in what happens with Black Widow. Pretty sure she's not back yet though; though I think the Red Widow will be in this. I mean, she was introduced then kinda just forgotten aside from a YA novel. Also, that variant... I mean, I don't think of ScarJo when I think of Nat, but I still don't see her looking like THAT. It's... weird.
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #696 - Please be good! Also, I think you mixed up the covers there a bit, CBR. Confused me -- the cover wasn't done yet, which would be weird for a MONTHLY and wouldn't bode well for the schedule of the ongoing -- until I realised what was up.
    CABLE #152 - Gets an arc... I guess even Malin can't **** up simple wooden dolls, so... problem solved?
    RUNAWAYS #4 - Gets an arc, but the first issue didn't go much for me aside from the narration. Hope it's good.
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #6 Gets an arc.

VISION DIRECTOR’S CUT HC - Oh **** yeah!

Maybe:
    INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #595 - For Doom.
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #14 - Depending on the first issue.
    DEFENDERS #8 - Series has been REMARKABLY meh, with some truly awkward attempts at MCU-synergy. Might drop it. Also, question I never raised: why does Black Cat still wear a mask? She was outed AND it's always been insanely ineffective, so... huh?
    SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE #3 (OF 5) - Please be good!
    SECRET WARRIORS #10 - Maybe. For Magik.
    SECRET WARRIORS #11

BLACK PANTHER BY REGINALD HUDLIN: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 2 TPB - If the first one convinces me Hudlin's run won't be AS BAD as I've heard it is.
    BLACK PANTHER: PANTHER’S QUEST TPB - I THINK I've heard this is good?
    ICEMAN VOL. 1: THAWING OUT TPB - I've heard okay things, thought the first issue was OKAY, and like Sina Grace.
    IMMORTAL IRON FISTS TPB - Wasn't a fan of Kaare's last Iron Fist thing and usually not keen on how digital comics translate into print. But I like the concept.
    POWER PACK CLASSIC VOL. 1 TPB (NEW PRINTING) - If I don' get the first printing by the time this releases.
    MARVEL MANGAVERSE: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB - I've only heard about this stuff, but I AM curious.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Random thoughts:

Marvel 2-In-One's cover got my hopes up of a Fantastic Four revival... now I'm sad.

That Hawkeye variant cover is dope. Only way it could've been better is if David Aja did it himself

Holy ****, Monsters Unleashed is still going!

Phoenix'd up Spidey looks dope.

As does Venom'd up Boomerang.

God, Viv's sweater sleeves on Avengers #674 cover... ew.

Um... should someone tell Ricochet that Robin is gonna sue?

Phoenix Gwen looks cool.

That Phoenix Ghost Rider cover... I need that as a poster.

Black Panther's cover looks dope and got me excited for more Stelfreeze art. Also, dem buns on T'challa yo.

Can... can Jean Grey just END? I'm guessing not, what with the "(Adult)" in there, but... ugh. I guess we'll have some "what do you do when your life's trajectory changes" romanticised crap from Hopeless.

The lower mouth (beak?) on the Falcon Phoenix variant just kills it.

Lifebringer Galactus needs to go away.

Jeez that X-Men Gold #17 cover looks early 2000s...

Calling it: The Orphans of X are people who've been orphaned by Laura's murders. Also, Phoenix Laura looks simple but cool.

Wow, that Doctor Aphra cover is super pretty!
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    God, Viv's sweater sleeves on Avengers #674 cover... ew.
    Sorry, but Viv's been wearing that costume for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sorry, but Viv's been wearing that costume for a while.
    ... somehow, I'm even HAPPIER that I dropped off Champions.

Regular pulls:

Incredible Member

Im going from NO marvle titles..... Too

Captain marvel
    She hulk
    Two in one.

Maybe the new avengers, if the line feels "classic".

Don't let me down marvel!!!