Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman December Solicits

TRINITY #16
    "OLD ACQUAINTANCE"! It's New Year's Eve, and as the snow falls on New York City our Trinity reunites to save the life of someone completely unexpected-one of the DC Universe's coldest killers: Deadshot!
    RATED T

WONDER WOMAN #36
    "CHILDREN OF THE GODS" part four! Captured by Darkseid's daughter, Wonder Woman finds herself in chains and at the mercy of the Lord of Apokalips. As Darkseid begins to steal her powers to increase his rise back to godhood, an unexpected ally appears to face down the one-time God of Evil.
    RATED T

WONDER WOMAN #37
    "CHILDREN OF THE GODS" part five! As a fevered battle with Darkseid rages between Wonder Woman and the dark god, the Amazon warrior must choose between saving the lives that hang in the balance and ending the threat before her forever.
    RATED T

WONDER WOMAN CONAN #4
    Our heroes have escaped the Corvidae, but if they want to save new friends from the witches' wrath, they'll have to work together. That would be a simple matter if their utmost desire wasn't to end the other's life! Co-published with Dark Horse Comics.

I'm hoping the angle they're playing here is that Diana meets Jason, he's a good enough guy, but he wants nothing to do with "the lifestyle", he's fine just being a normal guy. But stuff is happening and Diana needs his help. No dice, he appears to be uninterested and kinda cowardly. Diana leaves him to his devices, goes off to fight Grail and Darkseid, and its here in her greatest moment of need that Jason shows up and faces Darkseid for the sake of his sister. He obviously gets his ass handed to him but buys enough time for Wonder Woman to get free and she's able to then do her thing.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-13-2017 at 10:48 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ugh... The only thing that could get me excited for Darkseid in the Wonder Woman comics is if the Female Furies appear.

Different strokes I guess, this is the first I've been interested in the title since Rebirth started.

This all of course just based on the general ideas at this point. If the writing happens to be bad who knows.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

I'm hoping the angle they're playing here is that Diana meets Jason, he's a good enough guy, but he wants nothing to do with "the lifestyle", he's fine just being a normal guy. But stuff is happening and Diana needs his help. No dice, he appears to be uninterested and kinda cowardly. Diana leaves him to his devices, goes off to fight Grail and Darkseid, and its here in her greatest moment of need that Jason shows up and faces Darkseid for the sake of his sister. He obviously gets his ass handed to him but buys enough time for Wonder Woman to get free and she's able to then do her thing.
    So, a bit like Mon-El form Supergirl CW. I could dig that.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Ugh... The only thing that could get me excited for Darkseid in the Wonder Woman comics is if the Female Furies appear.
    Really? The fact that Diana is going one-on-one with the single most powerful villain the DC Universe has to offer isn't exciting? The fact that she's considered to be powerful enough and important enough for Darkseid to single her out as a key component of his return to power isn't exciting?

No disrespect, but this is exactly the kind of big, potentially far-reaching story in which we tend to hope Diana gets involved. This is exactly the kind of story that can lead to a rise in prominence for Diana if it gets built upon.

Oh I definitely want to see Diana take on the Furies too. But if they don't show, Diana is still going up against DC'S greatest villain, with no apparent aid from Superman, Batman, or any of the other Big Seven. The only thing that could ruin this is if Diana gets completely owned by Darkseid and only survives because Jason or someone else bails her out.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Diana should be able to put up a great fight and not be helped.

Thinking it over more, what I think would be really cool is if there's one of those psychic connection things some twins have going. Like when Wonder Woman gets captured, Jason "feels" it as Darkseid starts siphoning off her. Feeling her pain and violation spurs him to help. With a motherbox left by someone because in DC, someone always leaves you a motherbox just in case. Then Jason gets beat down, then Wonder Woman gets extra pissed seeing that on top of everything else, then she destroys everyone.

Incredible Member

Am I the only person who assumed Giganta could be the unlikely ally. I mean she is featured prominently on the first cover and maybe they are keeping details of her appearance under wraps for now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Really? The fact that Diana is going one-on-one with the single most powerful villain the DC Universe has to offer isn't exciting?
    If that was true, it would be... Darkseid however isn't even in the top 10.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    If that was true, it would be... Darkseid however isn't even in the top 10.
    We're talking about the same Darkseid who blasts apart planets with a glare, right?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Darkseid is a strong contender for #1. He just isn't always treated like it. But lots of other villains have their moments of being downplayed for some other purpose. Look at the Anti-Monitor. He's a contender for that #1 slot too and in his last appearance he was killed by Steve Trevor.

But this is comics, so there's always the opportunity that right around the corner after a bad showing someone else will portray them how they're meant to be. Maybe with his re-ascension coming up, that's coming for Darkseid.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-13-2017 at 12:11 PM.

BANNED

How is Diana having trouble against Darkseid? He's A dumb baby! I kid of course, I'm sure either Superman or Metal will explain how the Big D is back to normal & I'm stoked to see this fight.

I'm guessing Metal explains it, which means I'll be learning about it second-hand, lol. Maybe its like Search for Spock and Darkseid begins aging in increments, with his stealing of Wonder Woman's power being the last step.

Actually, just read that Snyder said something about Wonder Woman explaining Darkseid's status in Metal, so maybe this arc precedes Metal. Although I have a hard time seeing Wonder Woman battling a baby Darkseid, so maybe he gets his normal form back here only for his defeat at WW's hands making him a baby again as he appears in Metal #2.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-13-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

"Oh, please, dear brother, come save me. I can't do this by myself." *barf*

Really? The fact that Diana is going one-on-one with the single most powerful villain the DC Universe has to offer isn't exciting? The fact that she's considered to be powerful enough and important enough for Darkseid to single her out as a key component of his return to power isn't exciting?
    You mean the baby? The whole point of him stealing powers is that he is WEAK.

No disrespect, but this is exactly the kind of big, potentially far-reaching story in which we tend to hope Diana gets involved. This is exactly the kind of story that can lead to a rise in prominence for Diana if it gets built upon.
    It's so big and far-reaching that it can't be contained in the pages of one book! Except it is. Where's the cross-over? Where's the promotion? In the summer of her big blockbuster, Batman is getting the promotion (again) and this is back-burner.

Johns said Darkseid War would be a big story for WW - she did little more than act as the narrator. This is just a continuation of his convoluted pet project.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Thinking it over more, what I think would be really cool is if there's one of those psychic connection things some twins have going. ...
    The psychic connection that hasn't worked for the first how many year of their existence? And, now she can never really get away from him? No, this is not something I think WW needs.

I just feel this is something that should be happening in the Justice League book or in a second title. I love the New Gods as much as the next fan, but past experiences with shoehorning them into Wonder Woman's series hasn't been the best. And here it looks like the only focus is on Diana, her brother (completely new to the mythos), and a bunch of unrelated characters like Grail, Darkseid, etc.

I hope PopQueazy is right and Giganta is the unlikely savior. I just really, really, really don't want Diana to have to be saved by her brother.