Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The psychic connection that hasn't worked for the first how many year of their existence? And, now she can never really get away from him? No, this is not something I think WW needs.
    Easy workaround. You can make up anything to explain why it hasn't happened before now. Say it didn't kick in till they met, or any number of explanations. Its an idea based on something real, but there are no set rules on how it has to work in a fictional tale. Stuff like this is the type of thing they have all the room in the world to make their own rules on how what works. Considering its an idea even in the cards. I just made it up off the top of my head so who even knows if its remotely in the cards.

And I don't look at it as "can't get away from him". That's a rather negative outlook on a potentially played positivity of the quite real and documented connection twins have. Its not like they'd have to know each other's every move, like knowing when they're using the toilet or something.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-13-2017 at 01:21 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I hope PopQueazy is right and Giganta is the unlikely savior. I just really, really, really don't want Diana to have to be saved by her brother.
    We all know it's going to happen, might as well accept it now.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I hope we see Diana throw down with Granny Goodness in "Children of the Gods".
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Easy workaround. You can make up anything to explain why it hasn't happened before now. Say it didn't kick in till they met, or any number of explanations. Its an idea based on something real, but there are no set rules on how it has to work in a fictional tale. Stuff like this is the type of thing they have all the room in the world to make their own rules on how what works. Considering its an idea even in the cards. I just made it up off the top of my head so who even knows if its remotely in the cards.
    First, I want to be clear that I do not wish to be rude to you. Not just out of courtesy, but because I like you. However, I really dislike the idea, and thus far, the execution, of shoe-horsing in yet another man to take up and change WW's story (not to mention DC's rather poor track record). So, in other words, my sarcasm and mocking is directed at them, not you.

Yes, there are "work arounds," but, to me, it's smells like the type of work around that really highlights that this isn't natural story-telling. It serves more to highlight the obvious shoe-horned nature of it. Maybe that could be his superhero name, shoe-horn gimmick man?

And I don't look at it as "can't get away from him". That's a rather negative outlook on a potentially played positivity of the quite real and documented connection twins have. Its not like they'd have to know each other's every move, like knowing when they're using the toilet or something.
    I actually quite like stories of twins: Wonder Twins, Quicksilver and Sacrlet Witch, North Star and Aurora. The big difference is that they were all created as twins. No shoe-horned convoluted mess that fundamentally changes the dynamic of the lead character.

Johns' storytelling has gone down hill as he's become less of a storyteller and more of a marketing gimmick salesman. Nor do I trust Robinson who, like Johns, only spoke well of WW, but whose actual writing failed to live up to it.

So, until proven wrong in my doubtful cynicism, I will continue to mock the idea. Not you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    We all know it's going to happen, might as well accept it now.
    I have accepted that fate by telling my local comic shop I won't be buying it.

I hope Diana doesn't hold back. Show the warrior we know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    First, I want to be clear that I do not wish to be rude to you. Not just out of courtesy, but because I like you. However, I really dislike the idea, and thus far, the execution, of shoe-horsing in yet another man to take up and change WW's story (not to mention DC's rather poor track record). So, in other words, my sarcasm and mocking is directed at them, not you.

Yes, there are "work arounds," but, to me, it's smells like the type of work around that really highlights that this isn't natural story-telling. It serves more to highlight the obvious shoe-horned nature of it. Maybe that could be his superhero name, shoe-horn gimmick man?

I actually quite like stories of twins: Wonder Twins, Quicksilver and Sacrlet Witch, North Star and Aurora. The big difference is that they were all created as twins. No shoe-horned convoluted mess that fundamentally changes the dynamic of the lead character.

Johns' storytelling has gone down hill as he's become less of a storyteller and more of a marketing gimmick salesman. Nor do I trust Robinson who, like Johns, only spoke well of WW, but whose actual writing failed to live up to it.

So, until proven wrong in my doubtful cynicism, I will continue to mock the idea. Not you.
    Hey no worries, you never have to apologize to me for disliking an idea of mine. I pop out random ideas all the time for lots of stuff that in the moment are based on little more than just what pops into my head, and for every person who digs one, I know there's naturally going to be another who doesn't. If its something that comes about because of something that I believe there's actual evidence for, I'll argue for it, but beyond that when its something I just make up I don't expect everyone to fall down and love it. Its more than cool.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I hope Darkseid tries to steal Diana's God of War abilities only to find out that she never had GOW abilities at all.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I hope Darkseid tries to steal Diana's God of War abilities only to find out that she never had GOW abilities at all.
    She's removed her bracelets in Rebirth and nothing happened, I wonder if that power is gone too along with the fraudulent and vague GoW abilities?

In any event the only people confirming Diana's twin are Grail and Myrina Black, as far as I know? Who's to say they're even telling the truth? The Hippolyta that gave birth to twins was blonde, so that's already a strike against it being accurate.

Despite my reservations the solicits sound exciting. I'm a fan of James Robinson too, so I'll wait and see before passing judgement. Though everything Awonder said is true. DC has a horrible track record in situations like this and that alone doesn't bode well.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 09-13-2017 at 09:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    We're talking about the same Darkseid who blasts apart planets with a glare, right?
    Which he hasn't done. So obviously not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Let's say she doesn't have them now.

How does that prove that she never had them?

That Odinson cannot lift the hammer right now does not somehow prove that he never could.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    She's removed her bracelets in Rebirth and nothing happened, I wonder if that power is gone too along with the fraudulent and vague GoW abilities?
    She's also removed them in the New 52 and nothing happened, like when she's gone to sleep she doesn't wear them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    In any event the only people confirming Diana's twin are Grail and Myrina Black, as far as I know? Who's to say they're even telling the truth?
    Good point.

The Hippolyta that gave birth to twins was blonde, so that's already a strike against it being accurate.
    My guess is this is due more to DC not really paying too much attention to their own continuity.

Despite my reservations the solicits sound exciting. I'm a fan of James Robinson too, so I'll wait and see before passing judgement.
    I am glad that you, SacredKnight, Vanguard (etc) are more optimistic than I on this - I plan to read your reviews.

Though everything Awonder said is true. DC has a horrible track record in situations like this and that alone doesn't bode well.
    Thank you - though it confuses me when someone actually agrees with me around here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Let's say she doesn't have them now.

How does that prove that she never had them?

That Odinson cannot lift the hammer right now does not somehow prove that he never could.
    Can she have been the god of war if she never killed the god of war? And can she have killed the god of war if said god of war isn't actually dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Can she have been the god of war if she never killed the god of war? And can she have killed the god of war if said god of war isn't actually dead?
    Not really an issue.

If we have not read her having the powers then actually being discounted, we can only make a set of assumptions as to if they(or anything like them) did or did not exist for a time.

It would be like assuming for certain that she was not an Amazon during that time.