Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is Voyager?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I don't think the avengers should be unique let me explain I don't think there should ever be this rule where certain heroes aren't allowed to be part of and join the avengers to me as long as a hero who is joining the avengers is joining with the intentions to help protect defend and avenge the earth and the universes inhabitants that's what matters.

I think the avengers definitely should be a very impulsive superhero team for as long as who joins the avengers ranks do so with intentions of protecting defending and avenging the earth and the universes inhabitants that's what really matters.
    yes the avengers membership should be open to everyone but then when new avengers keep on being added like star brand, new iron heart and coming and going then the tenure doesn't leave much of a impression once they leave so to have a character make a greater impression they are adding to avengers classic teams retroactively. There is another danger inherent in the approach that anyone will become an avenger irrespective of experience or long term investment as sometimes it may lead to disasters like the sentry ad avenger X who later turn out to be their adversaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Someone else may've already mentioned this, but Valeria DID express an interest in exploring a specific universe and is talking about 'legacies' a lot. I could see Valeria inserting herself into past Marvel history as an adult just for that very reason.

If that's the case, though, I'd expect an 'event' series featuring Valeria--as Visitor--popping up within classic Marvel stories for 12 or so issues, learning whatever she learns but at the same time inadvertently screwing up Marvel history to the point that the heroes of the current time get involved (all culminating in a major or minor reboot of the timeline). She appears during Daredevil 181 and gets involved in Bullseye's fight with Elektra. She pops up during Cap's first run as Nomad. One issue brings her into Spider Man #121 during the Gwen Stacy thing. (forgive me for rambling, that's just what I would've pitched).
    She appears when Spider-Man teaches the Beyonder how to poop.

Talk about a cosmic void.

Someone else may've already mentioned this, but Valeria DID express an interest in exploring a specific universe and is talking about 'legacies' a lot. I could see Valeria inserting herself into past Marvel history as an adult just for that very reason.

If that's the case, though, I'd expect an 'event' series featuring Valeria--as Visitor--popping up within classic Marvel stories for 12 or so issues, learning whatever she learns but at the same time inadvertently screwing up Marvel history to the point that the heroes of the current time get involved (all culminating in a major or minor reboot of the timeline). She appears during Daredevil 181 and gets involved in Bullseye's fight with Elektra. She pops up during Cap's first run as Nomad. One issue brings her into Spider Man #121 during the Gwen Stacy thing. (forgive me for rambling, that's just what I would've pitched).

Either way, I'm intrigued, as I love retroactive history (as long as it's not overdone, and as some have pointed out, Marvel DID just recently do the 'Avenger X' arc).
    That's an AWESOME concept, dude! = ) Could be tons of fun - having Voyager revisit more or less all of the classic stories, and how they now play out differently, because of her being there.

Looks like there are two threads on this topic...

Maybe Bendis creation Eva Bell/Tempus?
    She already has the glowing eye thing and her hair started turning white the first time she used her powers.
    Codename fits too.

Niffleheim

The way Marvel is teasing the character it feels like Voyager has no connection to any FOX movie rights owned IPs

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    The way Marvel is teasing the character it feels like Voyager has no connection to any FOX movie rights owned IPs
    If it does have a connection to a Fox movie rights owned IP, would that change your opinion on whether Marvel is treating certain properties "poorly" because of movie rights vs. some other explanation?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Looks like there are two threads on this topic...

Maybe Bendis creation Eva Bell/Tempus?
    She already has the glowing eye thing and her hair started turning white the first time she used her powers.
    Codename fits too.
    Yes, there are. Somebody should unite them.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Spectacular Member

First of all, yes, I like the idea of Valeria having "created" Voyager and being her "part-time" character in the newly created universe. Makes me wonder if Sentry can be revisited, and Franklin can have created HIM to be much the same - a character new to the Marvel universe, but not....

Either way, I'm intrigued, as I love retroactive history (as long as it's not overdone, and as some have pointed out, Marvel DID just recently do the 'Avenger X' arc).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Really? Her? Lol love that show

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar's Bands View Post
    First of all, yes, I like the idea of Valeria having "created" Voyager and being her "part-time" character in the newly created universe. Makes me wonder if Sentry can be revisited, and Franklin can have created HIM to be much the same - a character new to the Marvel universe, but not...
    Oh goodness, you've made me not hate the Sentry, for the first time, ever. The notion that he could be a plug-in character / avatar being used to access the 616 universe and 'play grown up' by Franklin Richards stuck outside of time and space is kind of hilarious. The ultimate wish-fulfillment power-fantasy nonsense character turns out to be a *literal* wish-fulfillment power-fantasy character dreamed up by an eight year old boy? Genius!

Then again, it makes all the sex he had creepy, so perhaps not...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I don't think the avengers should be unique let me explain I don't think there should ever be this rule where certain heroes aren't allowed to be part of and join the avengers to me as long as a hero who is joining the avengers is joining with the intentions to help protect defend and avenge the earth and the universes inhabitants that's what matters.

I think the avengers definitely should be a very inclusive superhero team for as long as who joins the avengers ranks do so with intentions of protecting defending and avenging the earth and the universes inhabitants that's what really matters.
    On the one hand, yes, I agree that when lives are at stake, any source of aid should be embraced (at least, temporarily), but I do also miss the days when Captain America would dress down Wolverine and lecture him on why he'd never be an Avenger. (Which was in itself kind of ironic, since the Avengers had a history of accepting ex-villains like Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Wonder Man, etc. which remained consistent all the way to reformed villains like the Sandman, before he un-reformed...)

These days, with Captain America occasionally being on the same Avengers teams with people like Wolverine and Deadpool, and the X-Men hanging out with former villains like Emma, Magneto, Sabertooth or kid versions of Apocalypse, Krakoa, etc. it feels like nobody has any standards.

As long as being an Avenger comes with a certain level of law-enforcement cooperation / government recognition, IMO, it *should* require some pickiness as regarding membership. If the Avengers are all hunted vigilantes on the run from the authorities, then fine, recruit them all!

I still say she’s kobik
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

I think Voyager may be the daughter of Kang or the daughter of Immortus.

I have a weird feeling she might be Sun Girl. The look reminds me of her and apparently there was more to her.