Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is Voyager?

I still don't know what her powers are. In the altered timeline, how old is she supposd to be?

As a '40s heroine and I think into the '50s, she was speculated to be General Ross' sister or some such, back in the '70s; Betsy his daughter was named after her, in a sorta ret-con or fan theory. With the sliding timescale such speculation would now make her Ross' mother or aunt - - or grand mother, sheesh.

But what makes you think this? As I recall, she had no powers but worked with Cap, or (retroactively) Cap's replacement since I think she was more of the '50s era.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    As a '40s heroine and I think into the '50s, she was speculated to be General Ross' sister or some such, back in the '70s; Betsy his daughter was named after her, in a sorta ret-con or fan theory. With the sliding timescale such speculation would now make her Ross' mother or aunt - - or grand mother, sheesh.

But what makes you think this? As I recall, she had no powers but worked with Cap, or (retroactively) Cap's replacement since I think she was more of the '50s era.
    I think the look is similar. The handbook entry for her also said this.

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Golden Age 2004 (under Sun Girl) says that some sources claim that she is the daughter of a New York police chief. There have been reports that she is an extraterrestrial being who originated within the sun itself.
    I think there was supposed to be more to her. Apparently she didn't age either.

Last edited by blanchett; 01-21-2018 at 07:31 AM.

She does look similar to Voyager. And there's even an excuse for the codename change. There was an all-new all-different Sun Girl in the most recent New Warriors, who actually debuted in a Spider-Man book.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Selah_Burke_(Earth-616)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I think there was supposed to be more to her. Apparently she didn't age either.

what is she, immortal???

Seems to be slowed aging, like Captain America.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Mary_Mitchell_(Earth-616)

And according to Ant-Man, she did finally grow old.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ant-Man:_Last_Days_Vol_1_1
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    That was GOLDEN Girl, not Sun Girl. And yes, she's the General's aunt.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Elizabe...ss_(Earth-616)

I assume she's just a new character altogether. It would be pretty interesting if Marvel pulled someone deep out of history, but I think they'd probably just want someone original altogether so they don't have any old history to contend with and would allow them to retcon whatever they liked.

Now that she’s appeared in a few issues, I kinda like Voyager.
    Hope she sticks around and isn’t a villain or plot twist.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Surprised no one mentioned the 'Jarvis forced to accept he should have been born a woman' theory by now. 'Her' memories are clearly false.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Now that she’s appeared in a few issues, I kinda like Voyager.
    Hope she sticks around and isn’t a villain or plot twist.

I think she's a decent enough character as well but i would like to see her powers elaborated on a bit more. So far she's been primarily used as a transporter but we've seen her utilize her powers in battles so a bit of an explanation on how that works would be welcomed but not expected.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Not sure if this leak is real or not, but it looks like Voyager will be a playable character on Marvel Future Fight:

I see Voyager has also been added to the Avengers Academy game. Hopefully the exposure means she’ll be part of the MU going forward, as a hero.

B96A903C-95DB-46D4-8091-70BCFF3E3A7E.jpg

Yeah - but where? There's no second Avengers book any more. Doctor Strange, Hulk, and Champions (the books Waid, Ewing and Zub are moving to) all seem unsuitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah - but where? There's no second Avengers book any more. Doctor Strange, Hulk, and Champions (the books Waid, Ewing and Zub are moving to) all seem unsuitable.
    I still think a second (and maybe third) Avengers book is inevitable. Maybe bit right away so as to not dilute the prim art Avengers book ... but given an Avengers book is likely to sell better than at least half the books in the line I don't see them just having one indefinitely.