Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is Voyager?

It's Black Swan
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

if it is her then she probably joined the team to find a suitable mate for her and will impregnate the avengers to produce a new race of transcendental beings who carry on in their stead after the end of everything arc thus tying in to legacy.

I just hope she's not like Triumph from Post-Crisis Justice League now.

If it's not "Her"/Kismet do you think Voyager could have time powers? With the Original Avengers statue being changed.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I just hope she's not like Triumph from Post-Crisis Justice League now.
    As a fan of Sentry, Triumph and Moon Maiden, I hope she's almost EXACTLY like Triumph. DC screwed the pooch with their retcon heroes and Marvel sort of did. At least Sentry got some cool stories out of them.

I hope Voyager follows suit.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    As a fan of Sentry, Triumph and Moon Maiden, I hope she's almost EXACTLY like Triumph. DC screwed the pooch with their retcon heroes and Marvel sort of did. At least Sentry got some cool stories out of them.

That crap annoys me when it's tied to a pacific team like hey guess what here's a founder you never knew of wasn't a fan of Triumph and won't be of Voyager either if done. Now I also hated Deadpool being part of Secret Wars but Sentry I liked only because he wasn't tied to anyone's pacific history just that he existed during a time period and was forgotten. Same kind of like Jessica Jones she wasn't forgotten but her backstory of being active briefly around the late seventies/early eighties and then retired for years from being a superhero was fine with me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    That crap annoys me when it's tied to a pacific team like hey guess what here's a founder you never knew of wasn't a fan of Triumph and won't be of Voyager either if done. Now I also hated Deadpool being part of Secret Wars but Sentry I liked only because he wasn't tied to anyone's pacific history just that he existed during a time period and was forgotten. Same kind of like Jessica Jones she wasn't forgotten but her backstory of being active briefly around the late seventies/early eighties and then retired for years from being a superhero was fine with me.
    Ironically he never really was the Justice League's founder despite what is often touted as a reason to dislike him. He simply assembled some of the heroes who would themselves go on to form the League simply because they had a vague ease of working together vaguely remembering their group with Triumph. That same story even points out the rest of the team was really only willing to go with the plan because Superman agreed to. I know it might be too close to comfort for most or arguably splitting hairs but I loved him regardless.

Same thing with Sentry and Moon Maiden, they were retconned in but not as founders of their respective teams. Though Sentry did have the awesome, hilarious but really unexplained BEST EVER AT EVERYTHING EVER that understandably bothered many. At least I don't think they've ever said that for Sentry IE that he was a founding member.
    Last edited by PyroTwilight; 09-26-2017 at 07:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

Trying to retcon a character in just does not not work. Sentry was a joke and Triumph and Moon Maiden are pretty much totally forgotten. That the practice end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Trying to retcon a character in just does not not work. Sentry was a joke and Triumph and Moon Maiden are pretty much totally forgotten. That the practice end.
    I think (or rather hope...) that this isn't a retcon in itself and this Voyager character is just part of the story they want to tell. When it's all said and done, I believe (again, hope...) that the history of the Avengers will not be changed, and there won't be a sixth member retconned into existence canonically.

Cause you know... I hate retcons. And, like you, I don't think it works in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    in fairness, they'd retcon Captain America into being a founding Avenger; if they could.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    If it's not "Her"/Kismet do you think Voyager could have time powers? With the Original Avengers statue being changed.
    Yeah, with a name like that and the statue thing, I definitely think time travel is likely to be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    SE ended as it should end with the victory of the heroes but if she comes from an apocalyptic future then it makes sense she want to go back in the past to change it.

Wait time traveler and the style of these clothes this will be possible?

Is she Katie Summers the daughter of Havok and Wasp that the villain Kang kidnapped?

Not a bad thought! During that storyline in Uncanny Avengers, I myself speculated that it would be very cool if Kang kidnapped their child and the child becomes Kang's beloved Ravonna (also another version of Nebular if I recall)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Voyager is the bestest character ever created and when she isn't around people ask where's Voyager.
    no frank stallone joke?

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    It's Black Swan
    This has possibilities, hmmmm? Didn't the Black Swans have some time travel conundrum ? I don't remember.

But back to the idea that somehow this is Wasp and Havok's child from the Uncanny Avengers / Kang arc from a few years ago. Well, the Kang connection is consistent with time travel and this idea of re-inserting or retro-serting the Avengers timeline(s), so this makes sense. And especially if Wasp is Voyager's mother.

I just wouldn't want it to be a one-off or create a new reality like DOFP or A of A. I would want this to have lasting effects.

Being the Kang-kidnapped daughter of an original Avengers kind of goes with some serious plot situations...

I still like the idea of this Havok/Wasp child somehow ending up being Kang's Ravonna. Ravonna also became a version of Nebula in a summer annual story from long ago too.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Honestly, even with all the information I've seen, I'm going with Valeria Richards.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?