Default Sensation Comics, All stars and Comic cavalcade

Wonder now I'm confused about is why sensation comics reboot got cancelled and that would have been better for year one. How would you gets reboot the old series Diana wass a part of. All Stars were more about her on Justice League adventures and Comic was more team up with different heroes.

Fantastic Member

Comic Cavalcade wasn't a team up book, it was an anthology book where Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and the Flash (along with other bit players) each had their own stories.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    Comic Cavalcade wasn't a team up book, it was an anthology book where Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and the Flash (along with other bit players) each had their own stories.
    Thanks for the clear up. I wonder how each of the three books should be rebooted. I guess you would replace Flash and Green Lantern with Superman and Batman

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Thanks for the clear up. I wonder how each of the three books should be rebooted. I guess you would replace Flash and Green Lantern with Superman and Batman
    Aren't there already enough books with Superman and Batman as features?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Aren't there already enough books with Superman and Batman as features?
    True, with Comic Calvade it featured three heroes with their own stories. I was thinking about the Trinity. However, what heroes could join Diana? Maybe Black Canary and Vixen?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    True, with Comic Calvade it featured three heroes with their own stories. I was thinking about the Trinity. However, what heroes could join Diana? Maybe Black Canary and Vixen?
    Why not just use the modern day versions of Flash and Green Lantern in place of their Golden Age counterparts?
    They're popular enough without having the over-exposure of Batman and Superman.

True. I would honestly also like the idea of any now and then to have heroes that don't often get the lime action too.

Retired

COMIC CAVALCADE was the All-American line's answer to DC's WORLD'S FINEST COMICS. Both started out as 96 pages for 15 cents. Where WFC had Superman and Batman as the two headline features, CC had Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman. But, as mentioned, none of these features crossed over (except on the respective covers).

By 1954, both titles were now 64 pages for 15 cents. And at that point, DC dropped WORLD'S FINEST down to 10 cents and cut the page count to 32. But rather than doing the same for COMIC CAVALCADE, they chose to cancel the title.

Now, in 1948, after DC had bought out All-American, they changed the format of COMIC CAVALCADE from super-hero adventure to funny animal. GL, Flash, WW were gone--to be replaced by the likes of Fox & Crow, Nutsy Squirrel and Dodo & the Frog.

But you can imagine that if GL, Flash and WW had stayed in CC then maybe, in 1954, DC would have teamed them up like they did with Supes and Bats. Of course, back in 1948, GL, Flash and WW were already sharing adventures in ALL-STAR COMICS--so maybe that comic skewed events for COMIC CAVALCADE.

I suppose DC's TRINITY title is the COMIC CAVALCADE for today. But I think Wonder Woman fits in better with GL and Flash. It's an even playing field among that trio of stars.