Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm adding Hulk to my list. Some of the things he does is just too ridiculous. I saw a panel that suggested that he could adapt to breathe in space...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I think Monica Rambeau should be depowered not entirely but by just a bit I think al ewing tried to make her very overpowered in his ultimates run.

I didn't like how the writer made Monica way too overpowered while Carol Danvers the character marvel has been claiming to be their most powerful superhero and the one character they've been pushing relentlessly gets weaker and weaker by each and every comic she appears in.
    so you want Monica to be weakened to make another character seem more powerful??

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I think Monica Rambeau should be depowered not entirely but by just a bit I think al ewing tried to make her very overpowered in his ultimates run.

I didn't like how the writer made Monica way too overpowered while Carol Danvers the character marvel has been claiming to be their most powerful superhero and the one character they've been pushing relentlessly gets weaker and weaker by each and every comic she appears in.
    America Chavez > Carol Danvers
    Mighty Thor > Carol Danvers
    She-Hulk > Carol Danvers
    Rogue > Carol Danvers
    Polaris > Carol Danvers
    Arguably Storm is more powerful. Carol is nowhere near the top 5 powerful Marvel women. Weird for you to just single out Spectrum.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I disagree with weakening Hulk. Hulk represent the most destructive force humans are capable of with nuclear bombs, personified through the destructive emotion of rage. Should Hulk be unstoppable? Absolutely not, but weakening him downplays one of the main traits of the character.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I disagree with weakening Hulk. Hulk represent the most destructive force humans are capable of with nuclear bombs, personified through the destructive emotion of rage. Should Hulk be unstoppable? Absolutely not, but weakening him downplays one of the main traits of the character.
    I think there should be a limit to rage. It's not like Hulk is a cosmic abstract. He is still very much a mortal being. Unlimited rage and therefore unlimited strength just seems like too big of a stretch for me. In effect, Hulk is capable of something that even the Creator is not.... to become infinitely PO'ed. But who knows, maybe one day Marvel will say that Hulk taps into some kind of daemonic "Animus Force" that allows him to be infinitely mad and infinitely violent without ever suffering seizures, catatonia, massive systemic failure and such.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    America Chavez > Carol Danvers
    Mighty Thor > Carol Danvers
    She-Hulk > Carol Danvers
    Rogue > Carol Danvers
    Polaris > Carol Danvers
    Arguably Storm is more powerful. Carol is nowhere near the top 5 powerful Marvel women. Weird for you to just single out Spectrum.
    Ok of the women you just listed, America Chavez is a new character not native to this dimension and probably going to go back to comic limbo in a year or two, and Mighty Thor isn't going to keep Odinson's hammer, we all know this.

I would argue that in terms of baseline power Carol is lower than Rogue, Polaris, and Storm, but has the ability to go Binary and far exceed any of them.

This is a GREAT thread!!!