Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Didn't someone in Marvel come out and confirm that was for that very reason we are not getting them back (i think it was Hickman)? i mean there is nothing coming in the future after this story arc ends that says we are getting them ALL back, now i want them back just as much as anyone but i am not about to put all my hope in Marvel and Disney suddenly saying "you know what let's bring them back regardless of not owing the movie rights". It would be like Slott or Spencer saying "hey guys, i plan to undo OMD and so we can have Peter and MJ in the regular 616 universe".
    Yeah, I think Hickman said something along those lines, but he is not involved with Marvel right now and this book pretty much debunks his mindset. Again: if Marvel was being strictly FORBIDDEN to publish ANYTHING that is FF-centric and could serve as source material for future FOX films, we WOULD NOT be having this book, because EVERYTHING about it so far revolves around the FF mythology. I don't know if all of the characters are going to be up and running by the end of the story, but there's no denying that Marvel IS publishing new stories for the FF mythology. It's simply delusional to say Marvel Comics is deliberately shunning FF IPs now when THE THING and HUMAN TORCH are written in big letters on the front cover of an important book that is also going to feature several others FF IPs in it. If that's not advertising the FF franchise, then what is it?

And I don't think OMD is comparable here. It was an entirely different situation that had nothing to do with movie rights. It was just the desire of the EIC, so he made it happen. That same EIC still works at Marvel and is allowing a FF-centric book to happen right now, so I don't think anyone can say that what he feels about the FF is the same thing he felt about the pre-OMD Spider-Man franchise. If anyone over at Marvel really has a problem with the FF, that person would be Ike Perlmutter, but he doesn't seem to give a damn about the comics division these days. His ''evil plot'' against the FF tends to take place in the licensing to merchandising, cartoons, video games, etc.

Didn't someone in Marvel come out and confirm that was for that very reason we are not getting them back (i think it was Hickman)? i mean there is nothing coming in the future after this story arc ends that says we are getting them ALL back, now i want them back just as much as anyone but i am not about to put all my hope in Marvel and Disney suddenly saying "you know what let's bring them back regardless of not owing the movie rights". It would be like Slott or Spencer saying "hey guys, i plan to undo OMD and so we can have Peter and MJ in the regular 616 universe".
    Hickman wasn't really speaking from a position of knowledge of the shifting situations at Marvel. The most important thing to remember is Brevoort's favourite comic is Fantastic Four, and his favourite character is The Thing, so any slight chance that Marvel might consider publishing an F4 book would be being supported by a powerful advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Hickman wasn't really speaking from a position of knowledge of the shifting situations at Marvel. The most important thing to remember is Brevoort's favourite comic is Fantastic Four, and his favourite character is The Thing, so any slight chance that Marvel might consider publishing an F4 book would be being supported by a powerful advocate.
    I do want them all back but even with him being a fan of the team and of Grimm in particular doesn't really amount to anything if the people who make these decisions doesn't give him the green light to do so regardless that the many fans who want them to return. Right now they could make a killing if they were to make them come back but there is still no clear sign of it, now if people want to look at this series as a sign of that then by all means do so, but in my case i can't do that because Marvel has burned me to many times with the directions they have taken with many characters both old and new that just leave me feeling apathetic of.

I'm so incredibly excited for this book. The more I read about it, the more hyped I get. Please don't let me down!
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

I do want them all back but even with him being a fan of the team and of Grimm in particular doesn't really amount to anything if the people who make these decisions doesn't give him the green light to do so regardless that the many fans who want them to return. Right now they could make a killing if they were to make them come back but there is still no clear sign of it, now if people want to look at this series as a sign of that then by all means do so, but in my case i can't do that because Marvel has burned me to many times with the directions they have taken with many characters both old and new that just leave me feeling apathetic of.
    I simply point out that the circumstances in Marvel seem more favourable now than at any time since the time around 2014 when they decided to wrap up the comic and Hickman shifted his Secret Wars plans to become their swan-song.

The relationship with Fox on the movie and especially TV side is much less confrontational, and there have been several small indications that cooperation and mutual interests have replaced the entrenched attitudes.

I really can't see any reason for Marvel to maintain their stance of not publishing the F4, and as soon as the tactic is officially abandoned I expect to see moves towards their return. Indeed I think we are seeing several indicatons that this has already happened. I predict an April or May relaunch.