Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I still don't trust Marvel. I can see them teasing us with their return only to pull the rug out from under us at the last second. When they're all back and firmly entrenched, I'll celebrate. Until then, I won't.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

This sounds good! I admit, I have yet to really dig into the FF books yet (Still not even sure where to start!) but I do enjoy the characters, and I am in love with Zdarsky so that will help!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    How is Chip Zdarsky's writing?
    His a personal favorite of mine. Really good with witty banter, so I think the interactions between Ben & Johnny should be fun. His got a lot of respect for Marvel lore too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I still don't trust Marvel. I can see them teasing us with their return only to pull the rug out from under us at the last second. When they're all back and firmly entrenched, I'll celebrate. Until then, I won't.
    If they weren't going to bring them back, they wouldn't even waste time teasing it - much less launch a title to lead into it.

I understand being doubtful to a point but it's pretty clear that this is happening. I bet Reed will show up in the Legacy one-shot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    His a personal favorite of mine. Really good with witty banter, so I think the interactions between Ben & Johnny should be fun. His got a lot of respect for Marvel lore too.
    He also draws the best darn variants

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If they weren't going to bring them back, they wouldn't even waste time teasing it .
    hmmm, maybe. but what of the various Captain Mar-vell teases; over the years?
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-13-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Maybe, but a key part of the story is that Johnny has'nt come to terms with "losing" his sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew. He could learn what they're up to, but may have to learn to let go.
    I'm expecting this to be like Sonic Underground where they keep searching for their mother but make very little progress, only for the show to end with them never finding her .

I've never really been big on the Fantastic Four, admittedly. But Marvel's refusal to publish a title has actually made me want to read this even more. Plus, Infamous Iron Man has been really good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post

Copy this

Unworthy thor has put me on a back foot as far as anticipated payoff goes

My own fault maybe but once bitten

They made a vow, their family will be found....Marvel Two-In-One .

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I'm actually shocked at the deep pulls Chip brings out. I mean, who expected Theresa to show up in Spectacular?

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I'm actually shocked at the deep pulls Chip brings out. I mean, who expected Theresa to show up in Spectacular?
    I wouldn't say that's exactly a good thing .

Looks like Marvel got me truly interested in a Legacy book finally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    hmmm, maybe. but what of the various Captain Mar-vell teases; over the years?
    Not quite an equal comparison.

Captain Marvel, while beloved by many, isn't nearly the cornerstone of the MU like the FF is. There's a little more at stake in bringing them back.

Also, as Marvel's death remains one of the most important deaths in comics, bringing him back full on is a lot trickier than bringing the FF back would be.

Even with that, though, CM did make a comeback for a time. There was the Peter David series in the '90s, I believe. I know I read it at the time, although by now I forget the details.

Even with that, though, CM did make a comeback for a time. There was the Peter David series in the '90s, I believe. I know I read it at the time, although by now I forget the details.
    That wasn't actually Mar-Vell though. That was his son, Genis.

Not quite an equal comparison.

Captain Marvel, while beloved by many, isn't nearly the cornerstone of the MU like the FF is.
    :shrugs: I've never liked him. but the people who do like him, seem to think that he's that important (he'd have to be to have so many false returns). his death was certainly a big deal. plus he has "Marvel" in his name.