Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no. we have seen him save the xmen in past present and future. we have four different solos about character. how much more do we need to see about this character when there are so many others that have yet to be developed let alone even make it on the big screen.

and fyi Logan was boring and put me to sleep didn't even make it pass the Xavier scene when he popped up.
    Uh, Wolverine is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Another vote for no. Logan was an exceptional movie but it's not how I want my X-Men films to be. Considering DoFP introduced the concept of alterate timelines (as in, Fox doesn't care about its own continuity), it would be easy to get Laura, still played by Keen, pop up in the present to join X-Force or whatever.
    It didn't.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    It didn't.
    LOL true, but Matt Nix from The Gifted said it did so I'm using that to justify the continuity mess that is the XCU.

No Logan was a masterpiece. The height of what super hero movies could and should be. That's also why the MCU fans try so hard to undercut and criticize it.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    LOL true, but Matt Nix from The Gifted said it did so I'm using that to justify the continuity mess that is the XCU.
    No, he was saying it was not apart of the main films.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Uh, Wolverine is dead.
    great even more reason why they shouldn't do anything with this character any further. 17 plus years is good enough until fox can work to develop the other 100 or so mutants that need development.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    great even more reason why they shouldn't do anything with this character any further. 17 plus years is good enough until fox can work to develop the other 100 or so mutants that need development.
    No one is saying to do anything more with Logan the CAHRACTER. They're talking about moving forward with the SETTING. You've got a whole cast of new mutants at the end of the movie stories could be told about.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

No, he was saying it was not apart of the main films.
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-the-gifte...1797156730/amp

"During last night’s The Gifted panel, Nix explained how, following the events of Days of Future Past, it’s been established that there are an infinite number of potential timelines within the X-Men that have the potential to take different forms. The Gifted, Nix said, is but one of those timelines—one where the X-Men have gone missing—and also happens to feature different versions of some characters, like Blink, that we’ve already seen."

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    No Logan was a masterpiece. The height of what super hero movies could and should be. That's also why the MCU fans try so hard to undercut and criticize it.
    Yeah. I sure want all my superhero movies to be drab and depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    You're right, they should all be interchangeably plotted, zero stakes, shallow comedy movies, in tights.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 09-14-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    You're right, they should all be interchangeably plotted, zero stakes, shallow comedy movies, in tights.
    There is a middle ground that can and honestly must be found between oppressive depression and meaningless laughter. The types of movies and comics and books I enjoy inhabit it... for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    There is a middle ground that can and honestly must be found between oppressive depression and meaningless laughter. The types of movies and comics and books I enjoy inhabit it... for the most part.
    I agree. I never said I fully enjoyed MCU movies. It's just I don't want things to be depressing all the time.

I agree. I never said I fully enjoyed MCU movies. It's just I don't want things to be depressing all the time.
    It's not like there is another Fox X-men movie like Logan. And when I applauded it I was doing it because it was a unique vision and take on super heroes depressing as it may be. It was a human drama framed by super heroes. And it got into the heady concepts a guy who's super power is near immortality begs to be explored.

the mcu aren't perfect but the get their characters right s lot better than fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    No one is saying to do anything more with Logan the CAHRACTER. They're talking about moving forward with the SETTING. You've got a whole cast of new mutants at the end of the movie stories could be told about.
    no to anything that will continue the narration around Logan. the xmen aren't just wolverine and things that revolve around him