Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Maybe when she learns of the Black Widow's death and how close Miles was to complete his destiny only to be talked down in the end. How would Carol feel now that the kids have been through the Black Widow's way of living ?
    I don't know, from what I've read showcasing her (ultimates primarily) she's a pretty stubborn person. It's a strength but also a weakness, and she doubled down on all her chips for Civil War II. I just don't see her be like, "You know what, my bad" lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I don't know, from what I've read showcasing her (ultimates primarily) she's a pretty stubborn person. It's a strength but also a weakness, and she doubled down on all her chips for Civil War II. I just don't see her be like, "You know what, my bad" lol.
    Given the events of Secret Empire, Secret Empire Omega and maybe Generations The Bravest...I can see Carol at least admitting some of her actions was her fault as this version of Steve played her very well.

I was against Carol in terms of arguments in Civil War II but do not think she's so proud and arrogant to the point of not acknowledging her mistakes. And neither do believe that Miles or Kamala given to their personalities are the kind that hold grudges of others. As for Tony also do not believe he can actually judge Carol not after Civil War I, Iluminattis or wear Rhodes armor to attack Carol.

The truth is that almost no marvel hero is more innocent in modern times even Peter Parker already makes a pact with a demon.

The list of heroes who have never strayed from the path or ever committed questionable acts is small.
    So who never committed sins throw the first stone .

Carol has not even made such serious mistakes as some heroes have done like involving deaths of hundreds or thousands.

Having said that always felt that marvel never really made a real effort for heroes to seek redemption. Most of the time they talk for a page or two or a villain appears to be defeat together and everything is forgiven without regard to the consequences of the fights between them in other people. But the readers do not forget this so quickly and as there was no real redemption it ends up creating a resentment among the fans.
    Last edited by Knives; 09-14-2017 at 06:15 PM.

When Steve Rogers and Tony Stark has buried the hatchet time after time, I don't think we're going to see that much of a conflict the next time Carol and Miles are together.

I feel like a lot of Civil War II is going to be downplayed going forward.

BANNED

If Kamala can forgive Carol, doesn’t that mean that maybe Miles can try to forgive Carol too ?

Marvel better hope they knock it out of the park Ironman 1 style with he Captain Marvel movie.

The only time I recall fans being this annoyed with a character was Ironman during/post Civil War (2006). til RDJ elevated the character with the Ironman movie.

Than there was Cyclops. I don't know if it was X-Force or AvX but he was villain numero uno for a while.

Namor too with AvX.

Marvel better knock it out of the park thats all I'm saying.

I'm kind of surprised people are still on Carol now that Tony and Rhodey are alive again and all the consequences have been erased.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I dont know but I strongly disagree with the fans who think she doesn't have the right to be near him and kamala, that's like saying Steve shouldn't anywhere near miles because his hydra doppleganger tried to kill him and his friends that's beyond ridiculous, the older marvel superheroes made mistakes and as far as I'm concerned they served their penace for their sins.

Carol redeemed herself by putting her life and her teammates that served with her in the ultimates and helped her and her alpha flight who all put their lives on the line for months while trapped outside earth to keep the earth safe facing endless onslaught of chitauri after another for an entire month.

Unlike the other two posters I think the younger heroes should forgive the elder superheroes not just Carol but also Steve as well I think it's best if they learn to understand and forgive them and learn to work with them.

And as I said I believe with what Carol had to go through during secret empire she served her punishment what she did in secret empire was to me the defintion of redemption.
    Hydra Cap was a completely different person. Carol has only herself to blame.

I think they should forgive her, but also that she should ASK for forgiveness.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I was against Carol in terms of arguments in Civil War II but do not think she's so proud and arrogant to the point of not acknowledging her mistakes. And neither do believe that Miles or Kamala given to their personalities are the kind that hold grudges of others. As for Tony also do not believe he can actually judge Carol not after Civil War I, Iluminattis or wear Rhodes armor to attack Carol.

The truth is that almost no marvel hero is more innocent in modern times even Peter Parker already makes a pact with a demon.

The list of heroes who have never strayed from the path or ever committed questionable acts is small.
    So who never committed sins throw the first stone .

Carol has not even made such serious mistakes as some heroes have done like involving deaths of hundreds or thousands.

Having said that always felt that marvel never really made a real effort for heroes to seek redemption. Most of the time they talk for a page or two or a villain appears to be defeat together and everything is forgiven without regard to the consequences of the fights between them in other people. But the readers do not forget this so quickly and as there was no real redemption it ends up creating a resentment among the fans.
    In my experience with MARVEL over the last ten years, people never get held to account for the dump crap they pull
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    If Kamala can forgive Carol, doesn’t that mean that maybe Miles can try to forgive Carol too ?
    I wonder if that'll come up in Champions #21?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if that'll come up in Champions #21?
    Simple Kamala and Carol will fight until someone reveals the villain's secret and the two groups of heroes will join to defeat him.

Kamala and Carol will make peace in one page conversation and both groups of heroes will go their way.

It's not much different than what happened with Carol and Tony or any fight between heroes except if your name is Hank Pym or Scott Summers when it comes to one of them for some reason they are the worst of the worst comparable to the greatest criminal in the history of mankind.

Not long before Champions took place in Ms Marvel solo Kamala and Carol had already met and talked about what happened in Civil War II.
    Last edited by Knives; 06-16-2018 at 08:39 AM.

It'll probably just be swept under the rug and forgotten. Maybe Miles will make a bitchy comment while he's working alongside her at best.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Simple Kamala and Carol will fight until someone reveals the villain's secret and the two groups of heroes will join to defeat him.
    Based on the preview, that someone is Miles. spoilers:
    He finds a girl being held captive. She'll become the new hero Snowguard by the end of the issue and join the team.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Marvel better hope they knock it out of the park Ironman 1 style with he Captain Marvel movie.
    With the momentum created by Infinity War and the fact that her movie will tie into that it's a can't miss. Tha is a good thing because Brie Larson always comes off as someone you would cast as a S.H.I.E.L.D agent that helps Captain Marvel, not Captain Marvel herself. Plus she always looks like she just smelled a fart.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 06-16-2018 at 02:17 PM.