Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

I don't think Aaron has plans for Jean. The phoenix will go to some random avenger.

Don't expect Jean anywhere near the Avengers until the Disney/Fox deal is finalized. Until then the Phoenix Force will be passed around like a bong at an Avengers frat house party. And don't even start me on the icky Odin/Phoenix...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Don't expect Jean anywhere near the Avengers until the Disney/Fox deal is finalized. Until then the Phoenix Force will be passed around like a bong at an Avengers frat house party. And don't even start me on the icky Odin/Phoenix...
    The Phoenix Force is like a cosmic STD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The Disney/Fox merger should close Summer of 2019.

Not that far away. Probably they will get regulatory approval this year.

So it's not like they have to wait long to put a Phoenix/Jean in the Avengers. X-Men: Dark Phoenix comes out next February, and I doubt we'll see anyone else with Phoenix. Phoenix: Resurrection had the Phoenix say Jean Grey is the best and the true host.

But Jean also told it she was done with it and that it should leave her alone.
    Avengers BC will be featuring the pure Phoenix Force heavily from what I've seen so far, and it'll probably turn up in the new Avengers book in the present day. It'll probably... bond... with Odin. Ick.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I hate this idea that every hero has to be part of the Avengers. Beast was acceptable back in the day I guess, but it should've stopped there. None of the X-Men should've never joined the Avengers. It's like Marvel wanted to copy DC where almost every hero there was an honorary JL member at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I hate this idea that every hero has to be part of the Avengers. Beast was acceptable back in the day I guess, but it should've stopped there. None of the X-Men should've never joined the Avengers. It's like Marvel wanted to copy DC where almost every hero there was an honorary JL member at some point.
    100% agree with this above comment.
    While I really enjoyed the original Uncanny Avengers series, I never classed that team as an Avengers team, or an X-Men team, to me it was a mixed team.
    I hope that Jean is featured in the Avengers title when they finally cover the Phoenix bc 1,000,000 Avenger.
    Jean needs to stay with the Uncanny X-Men title though.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Mighty Member

Random thought: would you [X-Fans] be salty if Carol Danvers (or whatever her name now is) becomes a Phoenix Host?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

It would make sense from a business perspective. Carol has been consistently a failure despite Marvel's best attempts to hype her as their greatest hero ever. Putting her as Phoenix host would be just another part of this campaign.

I really don't care about the Phoenix and want it far away from whatever book I'm reading. Aaron's Avengers ranges from boring to passable and putting the fire bird there would definitely be bad for it. The only thing holding it together has been the art, anyway.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It would make sense from a business perspective. Carol has been consistently a failure despite Marvel's best attempts to hype her as their greatest hero ever. Putting her as Phoenix host would be just another part of this campaign.

I really don't care about the Phoenix and want it far away from whatever book I'm reading. Aaron's Avengers ranges from boring to passable and putting the fire bird there would definitely be bad for it. The only thing holding it together has been the art, anyway.
    Yeah, Carol's fluid history and place in the MCU/616 has me thinking it's only a matter of time before she gets the Phoenix-- and tames it. Personally, I do like the Phoenix stories up until the silly K'un-Lun tie-in and everything else the A-Office throws its way. The Phoenix will always be, to me, an integral part of the X-Men's history and, to a similar degree, the Grey-Summers line.

The biggest slap to the face, I fear, will be when the A-Office attempt to pull their own Dark Phoenix Saga.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Yeah, Carol's fluid history and place in the MCU/616 has me thinking it's only a matter of time before she gets the Phoenix-- and tames it. Personally, I do like the Phoenix stories up until the silly K'un-Lun tie-in and everything else the A-Office throws its way. The Phoenix will always be, to me, an integral part of the X-Men's history and, to a similar degree, the Grey-Summers line.

The biggest slap to the face, I fear, will be when the A-Office attempt to pull their own Dark Phoenix Saga.
    Wouldn't put it past them. It's barely six months before Carol's movie, if they find room for it, they'll do it.

After AvX, I'm pretty tired of the Phoenix. I'd say to give the damn thing some 15 years rest until it becomes usable again.

The Avengers don't deserve Jean.

BANNED

Random thought: would you [X-Fans] be salty if Carol Danvers (or whatever her name now is) becomes a Phoenix Host?

You beat me to it.I was about to post exactly that.Then my net bundle was up/finished. Here's what I wanted to post.

Jean will hardly have a chance in the avengers.And now what they've done carol...Carol is the superman of marvel. When it won't work I can totally see marvel giving phoenix to ms.danvers.With the movie coming out kiss jean's potential future in avengers goodbye.

For who still doesn't know carol is revealed to be car-ell,half kree,half human.

BANNED

Aaron is doing whatever he thinks is "cool"

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

if they do that I'm going back to entirely scans
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"