Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Random thought: would you [X-Fans] be salty if Carol Danvers (or whatever her name now is) becomes a Phoenix Host?
    I've never thought of Carol hosting the Phoenix Force and the Avengers having their own Dark Phoenix Saga but this certainly makes sense.
    I hope that they don't but I think that Marvel most certainly will do this especially with the Captain Marvel, Avengers 4 and X-Men Dark Phoenix movies all due out early in 2019.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I've never thought of Carol hosting the Phoenix Force and the Avengers having their own Dark Phoenix Saga but this certainly makes sense.
    I hope that they don't but I think that Marvel most certainly will do this especially with the Captain Marvel, Avengers 4 and X-Men Dark Phoenix movies all due out early in 2019.
    Radiowaves picked up by my tinfoil hat tells me that the MCU will attempt to bring the Phoenix over to the Avengers side so that when Fox gets the movie rights back, the X-Men won't be able to use it for their stories anymore. Same with the comic books.

When the "Carol Danvers is Supergirl" idea flops, the next step will likely be "Captain Marvel: White Phoenix of the Crown"...
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Radiowaves picked up by my tinfoil hat tells me that the MCU will attempt to bring the Phoenix over to the Avengers side so that when Fox gets the movie rights back, the X-Men won't be able to use it for their stories anymore. Same with the comic books.

When the "Carol Danvers is Supergirl" idea flops, the next step will likely be "Captain Marvel: White Phoenix of the Crown"...
    Do it marvel,look she even your name on her.

Honestly I’d love to see it.

But not as of now. I feel she has too much of a leadership with the xmen to pull double duty.

Yes I know characters have pulled double duty before but 1) jean isn’t just a team leader now but seems to be being postured as leader of the entire mutant superhero world and 2) just because characters have pulled double duty doesn’t necessarily means it feels like he rigjt time to do it.

Would love to see jean become an avenger after this upcoming stint though when (if) she has less on her plate.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Depends on how Jean fans feel about most major enemies suddenly gaining a resistance/immunity to telepathy, or more and more contrived reasons why she isn't available for missions (similar to what happens to Doctor Strange).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Depends on how Jean fans feel about most major enemies suddenly gaining a resistance/immunity to telepathy, or more and more contrived reasons why she isn't available for missions (similar to what happens to Doctor Strange).
    Most X-Men enemies didn't get telepathic immunity or resistance, so why would it happen in the Avengers? The Avengers more typically fight gods or cosmic threats.

You can't take out Odin, Galactus, Thanos, the eternals or other gods with just a simple telepathic assault. Jean would have some huge fights against them.

Thor is even more powerful than Strange, and he's in the Avengers.

Captain Marvel is comic and she's in the Avengers.

Then there's the Scarlet Witch and Doctor Voodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Most X-Men enemies didn't get telepathic immunity or resistance, so why would it happen in the Avengers? The Avengers more typically fight gods or cosmic threats.

You can't take out Odin, Galactus, Thanos, the eternals or other gods with just a simple telepathic assault. Jean would have some huge fights against them.

Thor is even more powerful than Strange, and he's in the Avengers.

Captain Marvel is comic and she's in the Avengers.

Then there's the Scarlet Witch and Doctor Voodoo.
    Look at the suite of X enemies.

Sinister: Telepathy immune
    Magneto: Telepathy immune
    Cassandra Nova: High level telepath
    Reavers: Telepathy immune
    Apocalypse: Telepathy immune
    Juggernaut: Telepathy immune
    Mystique: Difficult to fight telepathically
    Sentinels: Telepathy immune

I would say telepathic immunity or resistance is more common than not among X-foes. And a lot of that is because of Xavier, Jean, Emma, Rachel etc so they can't just end the plot.

If telepathic immunity was some sort of requirement I’d still Be fine with it. Let’s see some fun TK abilities.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I thought the Sentinels have been telepathically blasted by Xavier in the past?