Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Am I the only one who wants to see Jean Grey have a talk with the Avengers ?

Honestly given how much X-fans dislike the Earth's Mightest heroes...now that Adult Jean Grey: Maybe now we can have a long overdue talk about where the lines are drawn between the two teams ?

I mean Isolation can only last so long and helping each other can only work for so long too ?

So Who here want to see Adult Jean Grey at least TALK in a civil Manner, to the Avengers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Honestly given how much X-fans dislike the Earth's Mightest heroes...now that Adult Jean Grey: Maybe now we can have a long overdue talk about where the lines are drawn between the two teams ?

I mean Isolation can only last so long and helping each other can only work for so long too ?

So Who here want to see Adult Jean Grey at least TALK in a civil Manner, to the Avengers ?
    Wasn't that the whole point of the Unity Squad?
    Jean Grey has been back from the dead for 9 months, and now is the de facto leader of the X-Men? If this needed to be done, why didn't Kitty do it first?
    Last edited by mikeb; 10-25-2018 at 05:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Wasn't that the whole point of the Unity Squad?
    Jean Grey has been back from the dead for 9 months, and now is the de facto leader of the X-Men? If this needed to be done, why didn't Kitty do it first?
    Why didn't any X-men try to do it first ?

I mean I can almost see why Rogue was involved given her own personal connections to the Avengers and Wolverine is the popular X-men. The reason Storm wasn't involved was due to the aftermath of the annulment of the marriage between Storm and Black Panther and the end of Avengers vs X-men.

Beast wasn't involved given...his own problems at the time.

So why not include any bigger name X-men into the roster ?

BANNED

Two questions
    1. Why does it have to be Jean?
    2. There has been no actual feud between Avengers and X-Men for years, as Uncanny Avengers showed. So, what exactly would she talk about with them? The two teams haven't shown any problem with working together and their last fight was in 2014 when they were all under the effect of the inversion spell.

Why didn't any X-men try to do it first ?

I mean I can almost see why Rogue was involved given her own personal connections to the Avengers and Wolverine is the popular X-men. The reason Storm wasn't involved was due to the aftermath of the annulment of the marriage between Storm and Black Panther and the end of Avengers vs X-men.

Beast wasn't involved given...his own problems at the time.

So why not include any bigger name X-men into the roster ?
    As Mike said, this already happened years ago with the Unity Squad. I dont see why Jean needs to go talk to them. This is a non-issue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Two questions
    1. Why does it have to be Jean?
    2. There has been no actual feud between Avengers and X-Men for years, as Uncanny Avengers showed. So, what exactly would she talk about with them? The two teams haven't shown any problem with working together and their last fight was in 2014 when they were all under the effect of the inversion spell.
    I meant with the whole thing with Cyclops and the Phoenix...maybe Jean Grey should try to reach out to the Avengers about some of this ?

I mean she went to Black Bolt, but not to the Avengers....why ?

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

There's no actual reason for her to, but I love me some crossovers and would be down with that.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

she should sit her old broccoli *** down

BANNED

I meant with the whole thing with Cyclops and the Phoenix...maybe Jean Grey should try to reach out to the Avengers about some of this ?

Black Bolt was the culprit for her husband's death, so it was completely personal. The cooperation between inhumans and mutants was an issue because it was literally a "there can't be more mutants if there are more inhumans" conflict.
    The Avengers and X-Men already buried the hatchet long before Jean got back into the picture. What would she reach them about? Cyclops was already ostracized by his actions at the time. And on an unrelated event, died and was defamed by inhuman propaganda. Do you need Jean to go "Hey, sorry for what Scott did" or something? He pretty much already got his karmic comeuppance.

I think the X-fans disliking the Avengers is a misconception. I'm sure some do, but someone started a thread on that a while ago and it turned out most of the people who answered didn't dislike the Avengers. They just found them less interesting than the X-Men.

I don't know why you say 'helping each other can only work for so long'. They don't actively help each other, it's more like they co-exist in the same world and are both on the side of the good guys. Drawing lines between the two teams makes no sense when there are no major conflicts of interests between them. I think the only possible source of tension right now is Namor. He recently helped the X-Men in the Red book but now the Avengers are fighting him. But it's kind of unclear how these two events fit in continuity.

And they're not completely isolated from each other. People have mentioned Unity Squad, but more recently Tony Stark was in one of the Hunt for Wolverine minis. He went to the mansion at the end of the 'hunt' part and everyone was on civil terms. And there are probably other recent instances of X-Men/Avengers appeared in each other's books?

If this was the real world, there would be some kind of system in place to have all these people response to threats in a logical and organized manner. But as far as storytelling goes, this approach is really limiting. A lot of the threats the X-Men face could easily be resolved in one issue by keeping the Avengers on speed dial...Same with the Avengers, they could use the entire X-Men roster as backup and face all their threats with an army of mutants at their side. So you do need some degree of isolation between the two groups for the sake of telling stories.

I would LOVE to see Jean Grey sit down with the Avengers and talk seriously about their conduct.

Since Jean's last death, the Avengers went through two civil wars, a near-genocide of the mutant race, dealt with a secret Skrull invasion, and were infiltrated by Hydra. From the outside, that looks pretty bad by every measure. She's more equipped than anyone to call them out on it.

And I think someone needs to do that. The problem is that anyone who does either lacks personal stakes or was somehow entangled in another Avenger-centric ordeal. Jean Grey's voice carries a lot more weight than most. I think she if she gave the Avengers some stern, overdue criticism, they would be more inclined to listen.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I would LOVE to see Jean Grey sit down with the Avengers and talk seriously about their conduct.

Since Jean's last death, the Avengers went through two civil wars, a near-genocide of the mutant race, dealt with a secret Skrull invasion, and were infiltrated by Hydra. From the outside, that looks pretty bad by every measure. She's more equipped than anyone to call them out on it.

And I think someone needs to do that. The problem is that anyone who does either lacks personal stakes or was somehow entangled in another Avenger-centric ordeal. Jean Grey's voice carries a lot more weight than most. I think she if she gave the Avengers some stern, overdue criticism, they would be more inclined to listen.
    Why?

The mutants were part of the problem of CW1 since they were also running around as identity hiding heroes.
    CW2 was only between two Avengers.
    A mutant caused the mutant genocide.
    Two mutants were part of the incident that led to the Skrull Invasion
    The X-Men encountered both Superior Spidey and Hydra Cap and couldn't tell the difference either.

Jean is also the worst person to talk cuz T'Challa would just bring up the fact that her clone took over New York with demons and she was on the crew that had an X-Man on the team that took over New York.

Because they wanted to shoehorn her into a story she had no part of. And had no experience with decimation and the multiple Extinction events after. Jean can make peace as she has the privilege of not living through it. That's why the answer to this thread is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why?

The mutants were part of the problem of CW1 since they were also running around as identity hiding heroes.
    CW2 was only between two Avengers.
    A mutant caused the mutant genocide.
    Two mutants were part of the incident that led to the Skrull Invasion
    The X-Men encountered both Superior Spidey and Hydra Cap and couldn't tell the difference either.

Jean is also the worst person to talk cuz T'Challa would just bring up the fact that her clone took over New York with demons and she was on the crew that had an X-Man on the team that took over New York.
    Not to mention Jean's buddy Namor flooded Wicanda and at the present Namor is about to go to war with the Avengers in Aaron's book.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

And that whole speech from Red where she's all "why the hell do heroes keep fighting each other all I'm hearing is excuses"
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"