Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Ugh, no. I wouldn't mind her being on an Avengers team (a la Rogue, Wolverine, etc.), but if Jean Grey proper comes back, she should be leading the X-Men as her main gig.
    You know, I think the timing is pretty bad here. She should've come back at the beginning of Ressurxion, to lead them to a new path after IvX. No way they're gonna ditch the perfect leader Kitty for her, it really should've been Jean on that role...

Ultimates would have been a better team for her than the Avengers.

I have nothing against and would even support. UA also has X-mens and Avengers on the team.

However some care is needed the Phoenix can not become and will never be part of the mythology of the Avengers. If this is the intention of the marvel then they will fail.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jean would be great as an Avenger. Of course she is still going to be Phoenix. One of the reasons Rachel is Prestige is because Teen Jean is Marvel Girl and adult Jean is Phoenix.

Honestly I think from a storyline point right now Jean joining the Avengers would be dumb. She comes back from the dead and her Husband is Dead, Her somewhat sidepiece with delusions of romantic grandeur (Logan) is Dead, her father figure is dead?, and her real father and entire family is dead. Yet she joins a team of strangers instead of being with Storm, Rachel, Nathan, and other X-Men? I know some may say she might want distance or a new start. But it still feels false to me.

Wolverine was in the X-Men and the Avengers. Jean can do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Wolverine was in the X-Men and the Avengers. Jean can do it too.
    that was always dumb and shouldnt have happened. I read Wolverine's Avengers run and he did rarely did anything of significance over there. He was literally there just to sell books but he didnt add to any stories. He was just there

Jean would be great as an Avenger. Of course she is still going to be Phoenix. One of the reasons Rachel is Prestige is because Teen Jean is Marvel Girl and adult Jean is Phoenix.
    Rachel hasnt been Phoenix since the mid 90s though so thats not why she is going by Prestige. She hasnt been going by Phoenix long before Gold
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-14-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Her moving to an Avenger book might be the thing that will keep writers from stop killing her, tbh. She gets to have a different mindset and be in a new environment, which can do nothing but help her. The X-offices can have her do arcs in the X-world if she is needed, but I don't see a reason for her being main cast when it will only end up in a writer being over it and killing her again.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Honestly I think from a storyline point right now Jean joining the Avengers would be dumb. She comes back from the dead and her Husband is Dead, Her somewhat sidepiece with delusions of romantic grandeur (Logan) is Dead, her father figure is dead?, and her real father and entire family is dead. Yet she joins a team of strangers instead of being with Storm, Rachel, Nathan, and other X-Men? I know some may say she might want distance or a new start. But it still feels false to me.
    Do you think Guggenheim is going to write a story where Jean confronts Emma and they have it out? Hell, the man has admitted that he has his stories written for December.

BANNED

Marvel already have a goddess Thor on the avengers team so it doesn't make sense to add another goddess on the team. She could fit in UA but they already have the voodoo goddess witch.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Marvel already have a goddess Thor on the avengers team so it doesn't make sense to add another goddess on the team. She could fit in UA but they already have the voodoo goddess witch.
    There are multiple Avengers teams and they are always making new ones. If Jean were to join, it wouldnt be until some time next year and no one knows what the status quo will be for any of those books (assuming they are even still around) in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that was always dumb and shouldnt have happened. I read Wolverine's Avengers run and he did rarely did anything of significance over there. He was literally there just to sell books but he didnt add to any stories. He was just there

Rachel hasnt been Phoenix since the mid 90s though so thats not why she is going by Prestige. She hasnt been going by Phoenix long before Gold
    That's because Jean got the code name back. That was my point.

Rachel became Marvel Girl because Jean even in Death was still Phoenix. Now Teen Jean has Marvel Girl so they needed to create a new name for Rachel. They couldn't give Phoenix back to Rachel because adult Jean has it.
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 09-14-2017 at 08:19 AM.

That's because Jean got the code name back. That was my point.
    Jean was dead when Rachel returned to the X-men under Claremont and he gave her the codename Marvel Girl. At any point over the next 12 years, someone could have given Phoenix back to her, but they didnt, not even when she got a piece of the PF back. So yeah, she wasnt changed to Prestige bc of Jean, bc she had long abnadoned that name, even when Jean was gone

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean was dead when Rachel returned to the X-men under Claremont and he gave her the codename Marvel Girl. At any point over the next 12 years, someone could have given Phoenix back to her, but they didnt, not even when she got a piece of the PF back. So yeah, she wasnt changed to Prestige bc of Jean, bc she had long abnadoned that name, even when Jean was gone
    My point is that the writers/editors didn't allow Rachel to be called Phoenix, because the code name and identiy was still associated with Jean. Even as a dead character she was still Phoenix in the afterlife and was going to return as Phoenix. That is why they didn't and aren't using the name with Rachel or Hope or any of these other characters.

My point is that the writers/editors didn't allow Rachel to be called Phoenix, because the code name and identiy was still associated with Jean. Even as a dead character she was still Phoenix in the afterlife and was going to return as Phoenix. That is why they didn't and aren't using the name with Rachel or Hope or any of these other characters.
    And my point is that is not why she was given the codename Prestige. She was already Marvel Girl or just plain Rachel depending on what book she was in. Prestige has nothing to do with keeping the name Phoenix from her bc of Jean

Jean would probably fit in on an Avengers team better than most other X-Men honestly, so it would be interesting to see what team dynamic the creators would make to foster conflict.

In regards to Jean heading the X-Men, while I think she would feel compelled to do so it does feel like with Kitty being the go to leader Marvel is having the old guard step down from the throne but stick around and be useable, so I don't know if that would change with Jean's return.