Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I fully expect this to happen. And it makes no sense - considering everything that's happened with the Avengers vs the Phoenix or Jean returning then turning her back on the X-Men. But I can absolutely see an executive meeting where it's decided that Phoenix joins the Avengers right in time for the Dark Phoenix movie.

It also seems like editors aren't going to greenlight bringing back characters if it's not for a major story and a writer that says I want Jean/Scott/Logan/Prof X and this is the plan for them.

I would applaud if adult Jean would join the Avengers. Especially if she regains access to the Phoenix Force. IMO Jean as Phoenix deserves to be recognized as a top female powerhouse. She's a heavy hitter and I would be ecstatic to see her fight alongside Thor, Iron Man and Captain America.

The X-Men can share Adult Jean with the Avengers or keep Teen Jean as a consolation. A Jean for everyone! Jean's main connections to the X-Men are gone: adult Scott is gone, original Logan is gone and Prof. X is still off the board as well.
    Last edited by Thor2014; 09-14-2017 at 03:49 PM.

I wouldn't be bothered by it.

I actually prefer it tbh.

give her some space without the X-Men.

it suprises me that Warren Worthington III never got a shot. he, literally, started as the Avenging Angel. plus he's loaded. they are always looking for rich heroes.

BANNED

Not Jean Grey but The Phoenix.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The Phoenix Force as a whole needs to be buried and not touched for at least a decade by any writer. It is almost as overused as the Infinity Gauntlet at this point and just gets worse every time it is used.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I would applaud if adult Jean would join the Avengers. Especially if she regains access to the Phoenix Force. IMO Jean as Phoenix deserves to be recognized as a top female powerhouse. She's a heavy hitter and I would be ecstatic to see her fight alongside Thor, Iron Man and Captain America.

The X-Men can share Adult Jean with the Avengers or keep Teen Jean as a consolation. A Jean for everyone! Jean's main connections to the X-Men are gone: adult Scott is gone, original Logan is gone and Prof. X is still off the board as well.
    And the x-books are no place for a powerhouse huh? This is exactly the kind of elitist thinking that can justify cannibalizing the x-books. Wow baby Jean as a consolation? How generous!

And for the record Jean's connection to the x-books is that she's a founding member of the x-men. How many founding members of the Avengers are on x-titles?

Speaking of Jean/Phoenix resurrection, has anyone seen anything from Marvel officially on this? For something this big you'd think they would be talking about it. I just checked Marvel.com and Twitter and I'm not seeing anything.

Personally, I'd rather have Old Man Logan join an Avengers team. (Preferably Uncanny.)
    But I'd like to see Jean join the Guardians of the Galaxy.

it would be cool if she joined Uncanny Avengers. heck, she could lead the dang team.

I think the Avengers have already taken enough X-Men at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The X-Men deserve Thor and Vision as compensation.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Id love to see her on an avengers team as long as she also maintains a strong x-men presence.

The more exposure to the marvel universe she has the more her story can deviate from scott and Logan. Don't get me wrong... while I do like both Logan and Scott, I'd like her character to expand to having new relationships (big romantic and platonic).

And yes I'm aware wolverine and adult cyclops are dead but I still would love to see her interacting with new people on a regular basis.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not really storm isn't with the avengers anymore and James Howlett/wolverine is still dead, Alex Summers has gone rogue (no pun intended) now, and cannonball and sunspot will be disbanding the u.a.avengers team in November it would seem.

So that only leaves rogue and beast only two x-men characters and mutants so yeah that's not even close to enough and the team teen Scott summers/cyclops is on the champions isn't really an avengers team so that doesn't really count.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Not really storm isn't with the avengers anymore and James/wolverine is still dead, Alex Summers has gone rogue (no pun intended) now, and cannonball and sunspot will be disbanding the u.a.avengers team in November it would seem.

So that only leaves rogue and beast only two x-men characters and mutants so yeah that's not even close to enough and the team teen Scott summers/cyclops is on the champions isn't really an avengers team so that doesn't really count.
    all those characters were still taken by the Avengers line which is Frontier's point. You also forgot Cable and Sabretooth