Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Working with Phoenix so the Avengers are finally going to admit Cyclops was Right? Good on them time to own up their mistakes.
    Ok I must ask, what's with certain forum goers who respond to topics that have nothing to do with cyclops about "cyclops being right"? I've seen multiple people do it and I'm wondering where it's coming from or what it has to do with unrelated topics. (Sorry if this sounds rude, I don't know how else to word it).
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

It can't and it shan't.

BANNED

Jean needs to lead the X-Men, she's a senior member and one of the most powerful. She's more entitled to it than Scott ever was

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Jean needs to lead the X-Men, she's a senior member and one of the most powerful. She's more entitled to it than Scott ever was
    You could have left the last sentence out and I would have agreed. I'm not sure why this community has such a constant need to pick fights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the Avengers have already taken enough X-Men at this point.
    sadly sadly true to the point of it now been ridiculous not to mention how it put avengers not on a good light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    You could have left the last sentence out and I would have agreed. I'm not sure why this community has such a constant need to pick fights.
    For one character to be raised up, another or others must be laid low.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Years of barely suppressed rage seeping out.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

It's only one-way folks and anyone who can't perceive this as part of the destruction of the X brand is fooling themselves

Let me know how many iconic Avengers members become part of X teams
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Ok I must ask, what's with certain forum goers who respond to topics that have nothing to do with cyclops about "cyclops being right"? I've seen multiple people do it and I'm wondering where it's coming from or what it has to do with unrelated topics. (Sorry if this sounds rude, I don't know how else to word it).
    It's a confidence thing. Scotty tends to appeal to a particular personality. Was never a fan, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    It's only one-way folks and anyone who can't perceive this as part of the destruction of the X brand is fooling themselves

No one wants them to.

Avengers need the X-Men in order to sell, not vice versa. Homo superior indeed!

That said, this very well could be another Rogue situation, in which Jean Grey is stolen from the X-Men.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 09-14-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

You're correct that the X-Men are (still) more important in comics than Avengers. But for how much longer? Every thing that can be done to weaken X and strengthen A has been done and is being done. Eventually mutants and X will lose their luster then Disney can "justifiably" cancel the line like w/ F4.

Again, if this was in good faith it would be inter mixing but the fact it's always only mutants and X characters being taken away and plopped into the middle of alien squads tells you what's really going on
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

You're correct that the X-Men are (still) more important in comics than Avengers. But for how much longer? Every thing that can be done to weaken X and strengthen A has been done and is being done. Eventually mutants and X will lose their luster then Disney can "justifiably" cancel the line like w/ F4.
    Marvel wants money. If Fox will be able to create good superhero X-men movies then X-men will have comics because they will have new readers.

Again, if this was in good faith it would be inter mixing but the fact it's always only mutants and X characters being taken away and plopped into the middle of alien squads tells you what's really going on
    beast joined avengers in the 70s right?

X-men are metaphor of minorities right?
    Do You think that gay or black people shouldn't be allowed to join police(avengers)?

This has potential for great x-men stories.

BANNED

I could have but I didn't, because I simply do not care

I'd be happy with ad campaigns featuring Avengers lobbying for mutant tolerance and acceptance. The 'Unity' Squad was pathetic and completely failed in its mission.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Did you read AvX, right? I mean, when the Avengers tried to kill the Phoenix Force, because it was a **cough, cough** destructive force **cough, cough**. And what Cyclops said about the same Phoenix Force? Oh, yeah, you got it!

Then, again: working with Phoenix so the Avengers are finally going to admit Cyclops was Right? Good on them time to own up their mistakes.

Jean coming back to life and then joining the Avengers instead of staying with her best friends in the X-Men makes about as much sense as the X-Men ignoring the fact that the Red Skull had Xavier's brain and then leaving it up to the Avengers to stop their old mentor's brain from being used by a villain. Because Phoenix and Xavier are most certainly more important to the Avengers than the X-Men.