Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Are the spines on the Omnibus’ good quality, or do they fall apart if you actually read them? I finally started with issue #94 last night. First time I’ve ever read an X-Men comic. I’m 45, and really late to the so called party.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    Are the spines on the Omnibus’ good quality, or do they fall apart if you actually read them? I finally started with issue #94 last night. First time I’ve ever read an X-Men comic. I’m 45, and really late to the so called party.
    The spines with sewn binding are good quality. You should be able to read them without trouble, but try to lay them down flat on a hard surface.

As for shelf storage, if the omnibus is very thick then the pages will eventually tear the binding loose. You can slip some cardboard in the small gap beneath the pages to support the weight, or just lay the book horizontally.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 11-19-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    The spines with sewn binding are good quality. You should be able to read them without trouble, but try to lay them down flat on a hard surface.

If the omnibus is very thick, then the pages will eventually tear the binding loose. You can slip some cardboard in the small gap beneath the pages to support the weight, or can just lay the book horizontally.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I’m reluctant to buy any omni’s. I bought the Johns Green Lantern vol 1 and it fell apart the 1st time I read it. Wondering if I should go with a different format.