Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Default Pretty upset with the Mr. Oz reveal

I'm hoping that the identity of Mr. Oz isn't what it currently appears to be (don't want to include spoilers). The greatest part of Superman's backstory is the altruistic nature of his birth parents. I don't like what this means for that character. Hoping it's not him.

Further, the killing of Metallo removes yet another classic villain from the Superman universe---a trend that befuddled Superman's story arcs since New 52. Metallo never really got a good arc, and he's a character who a writer should be able to build around.

I wish Mr. Oz was Superbly Prime or Ozymandias like most suspected. I'm not liking this.

I kinda tend to agree there.

I was also disappointed with how things worked out, oh well....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

jor-el is a nothing character with little personality...for it to be a character assasination jor-el needs to be a character to begin with

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I'm conflicted on it. On one hand it's balsy and somewhat unexpected but If it is handled poorly it could be a major problem.

As for Metallo, he'll be back. After all, this isn't​ the first time someone ripped out his Kryptonite heart.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

I don't like it either, but depending on how the story progresses maybe this will be salvageable.

I foresee Lara's death also having something to do with Jor-El becoming a bad guy, which is another mess.

Incredible Member

Ripping out Metallo's heart is old hat, he always comes back from that.

**** son, Metallo somehow managed to survive being detonated in a huge explosion of kryptonite bombs. Granted, Brainilois then made a mind-copy of him, but somehow sorta-Flesh and Blood Metallo came back.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm conflicted on it. On one hand it's balsy and somewhat unexpected but If it is handled poorly it could be a major problem.

As for Metallo, he'll be back. After all, this isn't​ the first time someone ripped out his Kryptonite heart.
    I don't like it either, but if it's handled poorly they can always say this Jor-El isn't from the Prime universe but instead is from somewhere else.

Metallo getting his heart ripped out is basically a tradition at his point. Since Lex did it, in one of the greatest scenes of the 90s.