Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I'm pretty sure that even if TWD had topless strippers dual wielding machine guns against zombie ninja cyborgs , while Ash Williams, and armored werewolves that shoot laser beams from the eyes shows up as support; people would still say it's boring.
    That's because the writers would find a way to make it boring

It's like watching an episode of the A-team now all those bullets and nothing hit?
    Hail Hydra!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I'm pretty sure that even if TWD had topless strippers dual wielding machine guns against zombie ninja cyborgs , while Ash Williams, and armored werewolves that shoot laser beams from the eyes shows up as support; people would still say it's boring.
    This is why no one really on the show or doing it really cares really. They only have 8 days to film each episode really. To do all the action of one episode a week or two ago they had to run 2 film crews to make it happen. Gimple joked that big shows like Games of Thrones spends days on catoring and they can't. Some want huge Game of Thrones budget with epic huge battle scenes and don't realize this show runs on a fraction of that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    It's like watching an episode of the A-team now all those bullets and nothing hit?
    Considering Ezekiel's entire army was gunned down nearly , that isn't really the case.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Considering Ezekiel's entire army was gunned down nearly , that isn't really the case.
    Well, it's like the A-Team, in that only main characters can shoot anyone important and avoid being shot at all costs.

Really, Rick should have been shredded when they opened up on him with the 50 cal, Carol can hit zombie heads with weapons on auto, etc.

Dianne's still around, as she was part of the Jesus/Morgan Hilltop team that's still mostly intact (although cooped up with a whole bunch of captured saviors). But out of Rick's alliance the Kingdom's "knights" were probably the best trained already.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-14-2017 at 06:17 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, it's like the A-Team, in that only main characters can shoot anyone important and avoid being shot at all costs.
    To be fair Ezekiel was only saved when his own people sacrificed themselves by jumping to cover him. Ezekiel would have died right there.

Really, Rick should have been shredded when they opened up on him with the 50 cal, Carol can hit zombie heads with weapons on auto, etc.
    Its the same way where Daryl using the power of Daryl Dixon bad ass ...managed to get back on his feet and get right back behind Rick again in no time.

All zombie movies from here on out will disappoint me unless they have a Daryl Dixon badass.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I have to admit, for a season that is meant to be all out war ... it is a rather dull war. I don't understand why this season seems to be duller than even Season 2s Family Farm Adventures when it should be full of tension and suspense. It should be a gritty war story.

The main characters are seem to be extremely safe, with character shields in full effect. Lots of characters we've never seen before much let alone care about get cut down but so what? Take into consideration that scene with Morgan, how the people around him were shot dead but he somehow survived the encounter for no logical reason.
    I think the main problem is with the direction - one episode ended with really bizarre pseudo-walking head shots of characters for no apparent reason. It wasn't clear which group was attacking which outpost, let alone what was at stake in each battle. For most of that episode I was wondering if all three groups were attacking the one outpost from three different directions or not.
    The combatants don't seem to be desperate, especially with their seemingly unlimited ammunition stores.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To be fair Ezekiel was only saved when his own people sacrificed themselves by jumping to cover him. Ezekiel would have died right there.
    Technically, he should have died right then and there, as the bullets of a 50 cal should have had no issue tearing through at least ten people, at that angle. Maybe the bullets just all missed.

It's odd that they treat the power/potential of the weapon as self evident. Line a herd up on an open road and with enough ammo, they can chop it to pieces.

Yet when it comes time to perform, it struggles

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    forget that, how the hell did that lock hold after a bunch of axe chops from that huge dude?

I think the worst scene was the car chase. That was just goofy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    forget that, how the hell did that lock hold after a bunch of axe chops from that huge dude?

I think the worst scene was the car chase. That was just goofy.
    I actually thought the axe part was the most realistic part. A wooden handled axe isn't going to break solid steel, no matter how dramatic it might seem

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I just want to see Rosita vs Arat
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I actually thought the axe part was the most realistic part. A wooden handled axe isn't going to break solid steel, no matter how dramatic it might seem
    i said axe chops, not the handle part.

That was a stupid idea on his part.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    i said axe chops, not the handle part.

That was a stupid idea on his part.
    All the same. No axe is going to cut through a chain like that in any meaningful amount of time