Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast

I'm wondering if Rick dies who else might die this season. Ezekiel and Rosita I think were among the casualties in the comic version of the Whisperer arc?

Also if there is a time jump I'm guessing Glenn and Maggie's kid will be born, like the comics. Wonder if they'll use the Hershel name like the comics did, or maybe have it be a girl (Beth II?)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well my Walking Dead theory got shot to hell it seems. Lincoln is leaving as Reedus and others tweeted about it. Reedus tweeted a scene where him and Lincoln share a hug onscreen with a heart emoji. The 2 had became very close and would constantly rib each other during filming. Last year Reedus upped his game and put glitter in Lincoln's car AC and the filming of it was pretty funny.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I attributed that pic to some other past thing, but wasn't sure
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Another consequence of Rick leaving is that it guts Negan's dynamics moving forward pretty good. Both characters of which he shared the strongest dynamics with both in the show and in the comics (ESPECIALLY moving forward) are gone. I mean, I guess they'll opt for developing the relationship between him and Daryl if he's going to be the new leader, which could have potential but, but its still a blow that there won't be any Rick or Carl for him to play off of.

Either way I hope they don't kill Rick off. Just have him leave. Leave the door open.

In any case I can now see Daryl's current arc ending with him going back to Team Rick before he leaves. If he's the main protagonist now it would just be weird to have him spiritually and literally succeed Rick but do it without them on good terms. I could see a situation where Maggie's thirst for revenge starts to go too far and makes Daryl reconsider his own position or something. In the end coming full circle, getting over his own blood thirst and adopting the forgiving and more peaceful nature of Rick himself which he in turn had adopted from Carl's wishes.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-02-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Another consequence of Rick leaving is that it guts Negan's dynamics moving forward pretty good. Both characters of which he shared the strongest dynamics with both in the show and in the comics (ESPECIALLY moving forward) are gone. I mean, I guess they'll opt for developing the relationship between him and Daryl if he's going to be the new leader, which could have potential but, but its still a blow that there won't be any Rick or Carl for him to play off of.

Either way I hope they don't kill Rick off. Just have him leave. Leave the door open.

In any case I can now see Daryl's current arc ending with him going back to Team Rick before he leaves. If he's the main protagonist now it would just be weird to have him spiritually and literally succeed Rick but do it without them on good terms. I could see a situation where Maggie's thirst for revenge starts to go too far and makes Daryl reconsider his own position or something. In the end coming full circle, getting over his own blood thirst and adopting the forgiving and more peaceful nature of Rick himself which he in turn had adopted from Carl's wishes.

I think Rick's character will disappear and makes sense to do that. Because Lincoln could come back really. Leave that door open for him. Maybe he needs a year off or two. You can have him abducted or something and then make a shocking return.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think Rick's character will disappear and makes sense to do that. Because Lincoln could come back really. Leave that door open for him. Maybe he needs a year off or two. You can have him abducted or something and then make a shocking return.
    They cant pull a heath with Rick. Heath was barely a character and it's annoying how they did that. I get why they did it Hawkins Career was taking off and they wanted to leave it open for him to come back. because hes a talented young actor. 24 died horribly is there any word if Hawkins wanted back in? His wig was stupid but I love the actor in everything hes in(never watched 24 legacy though)

Kind of confused why they announced Lincoln wouldn't be back... Kind of kills any suspense.

I wonder if there might be a plan to merge TWD and FTWD when Rick is gone... They could easily do this since Morgan knows where the Alexandrians are.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ysosrs View Post
    Kind of confused why they announced Lincoln wouldn't be back... Kind of kills any suspense.

I wonder if there might be a plan to merge TWD and FTWD when Rick is gone... They could easily do this since Morgan knows where the Alexandrians are.
    The probably wanted to make it clear far in advance that it was the actor's decision and not one made by the writers/producers. It would have probably leaked anyway since there are literally people watching that set to see who stops showing up for work.

Well...

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3502...dead-season-9/

Lauren Cohan Confirmed to Also Be Exiting “The Walking Dead” in Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    She was only signed for half the season to begin with. AMC and ABC would have to work out a longer deal for her to return in time to do it. No one knows exactly if they will do that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    This made her pregnancy storyline absolutely pointless. They barely explored it to begin with... Sad that Glenn's legacy was for naught. Given all the casting changes, I wonder if they wish they had made some different decisions about which characters to kill off in the past 2 seasons. The show would have a better shot to succeed without Rick with Glenn and Carl still on the show.

Astonishing Member

Glenn would have actually been perfect to be the new protagonist after Rick...

If Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohan are both leaving, maybe it's time to end the show. Nine seasons is a good run. Continue any characters we still want to see on Fear the Walking Dead. That's how NBC handled Law and Order ending, but they kept Law and Order: SVU on the air.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The show might be able to survive losing either Rick or Maggie, but I don't think it can survive losing both. Daryl and Carol are just not strong enough characters to carry the show on their own. I think they are going to have a very hard time keeping Danai Gurira signed to the show when her contract come up too.

Looking at it now I am thinking the suits are looking at Gimple and saying "great idea to kill off Carl asshole" as Gimple slinks back into his office and hides.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The show might be able to survive losing either Rick or Maggie, but I don't think it can survive losing both. Daryl and Carol are just not strong enough characters to carry the show on their own. I think they are going to have a very hard time keeping Danai Gurira signed to the show when her contract come up too.

Looking at it now I am thinking the suits are looking at Gimple and saying "great idea to kill off Carl asshole" as Gimple slinks back into his office and hides.
    Agree with you totally!

Is it too late for the show to end at the end of Season 9? Or how about a 2 hrs movie ending it afterwards and have Rick and Maggie back for that?

This was my VERY FAVORITE show to watch until Season 7 happened. HATED IT WITH NEGAN!!!!
    We still watch but it's like a chore.
    I'm ready for it to end or merge it with Fear the Walking Dead.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....