Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Walking Dead : Season #8 "ALL OUT WAR !"

At the end of last year , Rick Grimes brought together the Hilltop , Alexandria and The Kingdom to declare that WAR has came to the door step. That all 3 communities will now head into battle against the Saviors and Scavengers come October 22nd. This war will be interesting as we see that the show has introduced a new set of bad guys for the series "The Scavengers" . The comics do not have the Scavengers as this will be interesting to see how the show handles Jadis.

The biggest questions will be :

- How long will All Out War last during the series ? In the comics it was a 12 issue arc.

- How will Daryl handle his issues with Dwight ? Can Dwight be trusted long term ?

- Maggie herself has dealt with loss of Glenn. How will she handle going against Negan on the battlefield ?

- Will we see Dwight's former wife appear again ?

Here is the cool trailer that was shortened now by AMC to add suspense .

One thing I want to add and this has nothing to do with the TV series. But its in the same world set as the current show.

If anyone has bought the Walking Dead : The New Frontier and played the game. Paul Monroe (aka Jesus) plays a role in the series. The series now takes place in the current year of the show and if you have played , the games setting has Clementine and new characters called the New Frontier as a group in Richmond , Virginia. So my question is ...will these characters appear in the Walking Dead ?

With the game location so close , would it make sense to use these characters possibly as the next villains and have Clementine show up ? Your take on this folks. And enjoy the next season.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

I think Clementine shows up at some point

I like how the Scavengers pour through tons of garbage just so they can dress themselves like Goth Matrix refugees.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The funniest part of the Scavengers is how they talk like they just landed from Mad Max , beyond Thunder Dome. Its like....ok that is funny.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

It's like the Scavengers used the Walker Apocalypse to make their favorite cosplay into reality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It's like the Scavengers used the Walker Apocalypse to make their favorite cosplay into reality.
    just like Terminus

all it takes is a little push for people to revert to animals

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    just like Terminus

Or become.....

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    just like Terminus

Just like Terminus and, oh, I dunno, every zombie movie/series ever?

Is Rick going to believe more murderous Saviors who just say they changed sides for no apparent reason.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Is Rick going to believe more murderous Saviors who just say they changed sides for no apparent reason.
    I think he'll play it more , if they help him defeat Negan & Jadis , he'll be happy to welcome them in for now. If they try and turn ...he'll make sure to have an eye ready on them.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think he'll play it more , if they help him defeat Negan & Jadis , he'll be happy to welcome them in for now. If they try and turn ...he'll make sure to have an eye ready on them.
    I haven't seen Rick show that level of intelligence this past season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Based on the writing, he will demonstrate superior intelligence at just the right time.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I haven't seen Rick show that level of intelligence this past season.
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Based on the writing, he will demonstrate superior intelligence at just the right time.
    Its gonna take blood and luck basically. Its always been like that , Rick walked into Terminus and was captured. He nearly died with the Governor as well. As Optimus Prime once said in Transformers the movie ... "What we need is a lil energon ...and a lot of luck."

I'm guessing the next season might be pretty much the last for Gabriel, Rosita and Eugene-probably some of the villains-Jadis, Gregory, Simon etc. Maybe Negan, since the comics keep him around, but TWD comics and the show often go in different directions. Heck in the comics Carol's been dead a long time and Sophia is still alive (and pretty much has the role Enid has in the TV show).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm guessing the next season might be pretty much the last for Gabriel, Rosita and Eugene-probably some of the villains-Jadis, Gregory, Simon etc. Maybe Negan, since the comics keep him around, but TWD comics and the show often go in different directions. Heck in the comics Carol's been dead a long time and Sophia is still alive (and pretty much has the role Enid has in the TV show).
    I'd say Jeffrey Dean Morgan will stick around for this. The cast and crew love the guy. Its said Morgan's been looking for a steady gig for years and this show likely is it for him.