Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

I'm going to miss Simon and phrases like "testicular heft".
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    You know, you have to admit Eugene is a survivor, and he pretty much ad,itted he was a coward and selfish last year. Though he did try to redeem himself before Negan captured him and the RV.
    He is a survivor sure, but he is also a disgusting human being who has betrayed the only people who probably ever treated him like a decent person. There is no coming back from what he has done and how he has acted in the eyes of his former friends. He knows that if they get the chance again they are going to kill him without a second thought. I don't even think he is worth putting a bullet in anymore honestly. Just through him into a group of walkers and let them take care of him.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    He is a survivor sure, but he is also a disgusting human being who has betrayed the only people who probably ever treated him like a decent person. There is no coming back from what he has done and how he has acted in the eyes of his former friends. He knows that if they get the chance again they are going to kill him without a second thought. I don't even think he is worth putting a bullet in anymore honestly. Just through him into a group of walkers and let them take care of him.
    Agreed.

I don't read the comic, so I'm not sure how long Eugene lasts, but I'm hoping he's among next weeks casualties.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Honestly, that'd be pretty dumb.

I don't want him to escape the consequences of his actions, but Eugene is exceptionally intelligent and skilled. It'd be nice if at least once, the WD-verse acknowledged a need for skilled workers.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I don't want him to escape the consequences of his actions, but Eugene is exceptionally intelligent and skilled. It'd be nice if at least once, the WD-verse acknowledged a need for skilled workers.

Negan has repeatedly said that people were a valuable resource. I would assume skilled workers fall into that category.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I know in prior episodes there is an episode of Rick having flashes to a dream like state where everyone is seemingly together in the future. I mean we already see "ghosts" for the characters like where one Savior shows up in front of Morgan countless times in an episode or where Rick would see Lori as well as Tyrese. My idea is , that final episode where Rick debates killing Negan for good he should get a visit from Hershel and Carl.

Hershel can pretty much be that voice in Rick's mind where the 2 have an exchange where they discuss how Rick's stopped giving people chances. That once Hershel was killed (who was a father figure to Rick) he lost that slowly. That he doesn't want to give anyone a chance anymore as Hershel and Carl show him how he gave Daryl a chance , Michonne a chance , Tara a chance and so on. That if he kills everyone then he's not any better than Negan.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The ones from this season were actually from Carl's POV, hence why we don't see his face.

One of the pictures from sunday's episode seems to hint at some kind of flashback or dream sequence with young Carl (although the picture is from the back, since obviously Chandler Riggs is a bit taller now!) and Rick in the Sheriff's outfit. It would be kind of cool if we see Lori too (Sarah Wayne Callies still looks pretty much the same), or even Shane. A flashback would be a nice bookend to the "flash forward" (although ultimately a false one) we saw at the beginning of the season.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    [/B]

Negan has repeatedly said that people were a valuable resource. I would assume skilled workers fall into that category.
    He burned his own doctor for (what he thought) was helping one of his own wives escape. So he's not too clear on the concept himself.

Not that Rick's people are any better, killing their first Doc out of hand, and then allowing the second one on missions.

Fantastic Member

He burned his own doctor for (what he thought) was helping one of his own wives escape. So he's not too clear on the concept himself.

Not that Rick's people are any better, killing their first Doc out of hand, and then allowing the second one on missions.

Maybe, but on the other hand I tend to think Eugene's brains would have been splattered all over the sidewalk if Negan didn't realize his usefulness. Didn't they already have a replacement in mind for the doctor before Negan killed him? The doc from Hilltop?

Yeah, the brother of the one Negan burned. He did the initial ultrasound on Maggie when they first showed up at the hilltop-before everything went south rather quickly.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

What does he bring to the table that they could not get the same thing from going to a library? Everything he knows he got from books, and those books are still just sitting there in empty libraries. It is not like he has practical experience in anything. I doubt he ever loaded a bullet before in his life, and had only read about how to do it. Anyone can do that. Plus a big chunk of Eugenes skill is just the fact that he is master bullshitter. He could be replaced very quickly.

It does not matter how skilled he is at this point. Trust is huge in this world they live in and no one trusts him. Not even a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Agreed.

I don't read the comic, so I'm not sure how long Eugene lasts, but I'm hoping he's among next weeks casualties.
    He is still around in the comics, but comic Eugene and show Eugene are so different at this point they are like two different characters. Comic Eugene is still a pretty interesting guy who never betrayed his friends.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ozman79 View Post
    I'm going to miss Simon and phrases like "testicular heft".
    Objectively speaking Simon was right about Rick, Ezekiel, and Maggie, they was never gonna submit to Negan. And Simon knew that, hell Negan knew that when he talked to Rick over the walkie talkie. Negan just bit off more than he can chew and wouldn't admit it up until now.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Agreed.

In the books he's still alive, and slightly different in terms of characteristics. I would argue TV show Eugene suffers from "character derailment", though to be fair to the show writers, Kirkman had him as a aimless back ground characters for months in the books before he ever did anything with him again.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 04-11-2018 at 01:31 PM.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I said this in the TWD comic thread years ago, and people vehemently disagreed with me. Even when i brought it up in the season 5 thread. But I don't think Eugene was intended to be a fraud in the comics. Kirkman just chickened out when readers complained about the set up of Eugene. I think Kirkman had big plans for him.... originally. But after the reveal Eugene became a background character in the comics. If, true i really wish Kirk had seen Eugene's arc through to the bitter end.