Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

They'll probably milk the rift for a good while but I'd be shocked if they didn't make up eventually. At the very least I would be surprised if they actually had the two groups at permanent odds. I'm imagining a situation where there's a timeskip, its quickly established that tensions have been there between the Rick/Michonne and Maggie/Daryl/Jesus groups ever since, and the first half of the season deals with that. They'll be forced to start working together again though with the slow introduction of spoilers:
    the Whisperers
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I honestly don't think the next villain will be The Whisperers yet. I think the next half of season will see this Georgie and what she has planned. Plus it stands to reason she's behind the helicopter we saw. Something is brewing there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Interesting they seem to be going in a sort of "Civil War" direction....and there's certainly been hints in the past season that the brotherhood between Daryl and Rick is starting to crack.

https://www.cbr.com/walking-dead-sea...il-war-threat/ Looks like this article possibly guessed right.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-16-2018 at 04:34 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I can understand Maggie being mad about Rick leaving Negan alive. But from the conversation it seemed like Maggie was implying that her, Daryl, and Jesus might not only try to over throw Rick as leader, but also maybe try to KILL him and Michonne . Also, Maggie says Rick made the right decision NOT to kill all the saviors, but not Negan okay....... Also, Jesus spend all this season telling Morgan and the others they didn't have to kill and suddenly he is on board with Maggie and her quest just to kill Negan and over throw Rick and Michonne. It seems like they are doing this civil war to get people watching again since last season and this season lost a ton of viewers.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I can understand Maggie being mad about Rick leaving Negan alive. But from the conversation it seemed like Maggie was implying that her, Daryl, and Jesus might not only try to over throw Rick as leader, but also maybe try to KILL him and Michonne . Also, Maggie says Rick made the right decision NOT to kill all the saviors, but not Negan okay....... Also, Jesus spend all this season telling Morgan and the others they didn't have to kill and suddenly he is on board with Maggie and her quest just to kill Negan and over throw Rick and Michonne. It seems like they are doing this civil war to get people watching again since last season and this season lost a ton of viewers.

I don't even think its a Civil War. She claims they were wrong to keep Negan alive , its more or less she wants to kill Negan. Not over throw Rick & Michonne. That she feels they were wrong to keep him alive in the end. That she'll bide her time and wait , then make a move and take him out. I can't see a Civil War. I think they added some tension at the end to hook folks possibly but I don't see it playing out that way.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

the weird part about the ending with maggie, to me, was that Jesus was involved. I get that he's been around Maggie more, and maybe has some loyalty. But he seems like he would have agreed with not killing Negan. He was just preaching to Morgan about not killing people. Then at the end he's on board with a mutiny? And the mutiny is based on Maggie wanting Negan dead, in large part.

Hm. I dunno.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The inclusion of Jesus in Maggie & Daryl's plan didn't sit right with me either.

I'm sure he's just playing along, and will spill to beans to Rick sooner or later; perhaps sparking a (short-lived) civil dispute.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The inclusion of Jesus in Maggie & Daryl's plan didn't sit right with me either.

I'm sure he's just playing along, and will spill to beans to Rick sooner or later; perhaps sparking a (short-lived) civil dispute.
    Yeah just weird. I get Darryl, I guess...he feels responsible for Glenn's death and feels he needs to back up Maggie due to this. But the Jesus thing made zero sense, really.

Yeah, I could see Jesus being on-board for taking down Rick as the leader, but not for killing Negan. That part makes no sense.

Jesus has always been loyal to the hilltop, so my take is that he's more agreeing for the good of the community rather than because he's on board with some cockamamie scheme against Rick and Michonne. We all know Jesus will do his own thing in the end anyhow.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    the weird part about the ending with maggie, to me, was that Jesus was involved. I get that he's been around Maggie more, and maybe has some loyalty. But he seems like he would have agreed with not killing Negan. He was just preaching to Morgan about not killing people. Then at the end he's on board with a mutiny? And the mutiny is based on Maggie wanting Negan dead, in large part.

Hm. I dunno.
    Yea that's what threw me off too. Same with Daryl he let Dwight go and he wanted him dead for killing Denise. It just doesn't make sense.........

So apparentally a second TWD character is joining FTWD. Heath maybe? We never did find out what happened to him, although he was never a huge character.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So apparentally a second TWD character is joining FTWD. Heath maybe? We never did find out what happened to him, although he was never a huge character.
    I haven't watched Fear since season 1, so it's safe to assume Fear has caught up to the main show in terms of timeline since Morgan referenced the events of Season 8 on the episode last night. I guess they could have Heath or Dwight pop up on Fear.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I think they're condensing Sherry's story line from the comic into Maggie's from the tv show. The tv show always been a rough adaptation at best. So i'm guessing that's the way it's gonna go now. As far as Jesus go he was just helping Morgan get through his issues, i don't think it means Jesus is beneath killing if he have to. Besides there's no evidence that Maggie wants to Kill rick, just overthrow him, and kill Negan.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Yea that's what threw me off too. Same with Daryl he let Dwight go and he wanted him dead for killing Denise. It just doesn't make sense.........
    D'wight was remorseful, Negan wasn't