Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

So is there anyone left who hasn't kicked Rick's butt?

Not sure how I feel about this now knowing it wasn't Chandler's choice. I was okay with it because I simply assumed it was the young man's wish to move on to new things. Gimple making the decision though puts it in a whole new context. If you have no choice and are doing it to accommodate a young man for college and such experiences, good on you. Deviating on this drastic a measure from the source material without having to do so though...that I question greatly.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-11-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member

I don't think the issue should be 'Is it source material compliant', but rather 'is there a legit story reason', or, at the very least, risky/daring.

The first, we'll see.

The second, I kinda doubt it. Fan faves tend to do better than they should, IMO. This seems like a 'safe' choice

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    This was like when Tyreese died, and that was a bad one for a minor character.
    Tyreese was nowhere near a minor character when he died. lol
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-11-2017 at 01:04 PM.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    . This seems like a 'safe' choice
    It was; For all his faults Carl shouldn't be dead, hell Andrea & Sophia shouldn't be dead. at least not THAT early. Judith SHOULD be dead.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Ok if you could get rid of Gimple , who would ya'll make showrunner? Cause im curious.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't think the issue should be 'Is it source material compliant', but rather 'is there a legit story reason', or, at the very least, risky/daring.

The first, we'll see.

The second, I kinda doubt it. Fan faves tend to do better than they should, IMO. This seems like a 'safe' choice
    Oh I agree. This is just a case where the two ideas go hand-in-hand for me. I'm concerned over the extreme deviation of source material because I question if there's a legit story reason for such a change. In general I don't have any issue with not following the comic beat for beat. In fact I've always preferred it veered off in its own direction in places. But this is a huge change on a level I'd argue has not been navigated yet.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

They're probably gonna kill Carl off becuase he's getting too old and they don't want to re-cast the part. That's my guess.

Sooner or later, you'd think Enid would be on the chopping block since she seems to have been set up to be Carl's love interest.

My guess is that Judith will take over his roles after the war is over and there has been peace for a bit (after she grows to that age).
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It was just so dumb. How did they get out? What happened to all the zombies inside? How did they come up with a plan so fast? How did they know the exact spot to catch Maggie on the road if they have all been locked up and had no idea what was going on outside all this time? Where did this huge army of saviors come from after seeing over 100 of them killed off over the last two season? How did all the snipers left at the santuary get taken out? There were just so many plots sinkholes (they are too big to just be called plotholes) that it made watching this episode hard to get through.

It really was just amatuer hour writing on ever level. It was like they came up with the "lets kill Carl" idea and didn't worry about the rest of the episode as long as they got there. It really was "well they have been winning so far this season time to just flip it 180 even if it doesn't make any goddamned sense in how it happens"
    Exactly how i feel. Thanks for doing the work of listing SOME of the errors and unanswered questions.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this now knowing it wasn't Chandler's choice.
    I don't think it's ever really the actors choice. For whatever that's worth to you.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I don't think it's ever really the actors choice. For whatever that's worth to you.
    Well, if they say 'STFU, I'm outta here', then they sorta get a say

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Facebook post from Chandler Riggs' dad:
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Fired is an odd term for them to use. Main cast members usually have a contractual agreement with the producers/network. Standard contracts for TV shows used to be a run of 7 seasons but I don't know what they are for TWD cast.
    The show I think keeps cast members a year each. Beyond Andrew Lincoln who is considered the main star , the rest are yearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    They're probably gonna kill Carl off becuase he's getting too old and they don't want to re-cast the part. That's my guess.
    That likely played a part. As much as folks here are going "source material" repeatedly and all. The Carl Grimes in the comics is 15/16 right now. Riggs is 18 and another year will be 19. He was aging past the Carl Grimes role.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Pretty true , Emily Kinney was sad to learn she was being let go after the 5th season and had even got an apartment. But she understood that was how the show is and changes made there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Can we all agree the they have pretty much ruined Eugene as a character at this point. Even him helping out Gabriel does nothing to redeem how bad they have just turned him into the most hated character on the show and a worthless piece of garbage. I know this is suposed to be setting him up for some redemption latter on but at this point I just want Rosita to pop him in the head without letting him go into one of his speeches. He is ruined beyond repair to me.

Amazing Member

Are we sure Carl is really going to die? Is it possible they are faking us out again, similar to Glenn and the dumpster?

I thought the Zombie bite looked odd. I wouldn't put it past the writers to write a zombie bite that is just teeth marks that break skin vs all the other zombie bites that tear the flesh and innards right from the body.

Is it possible the walkers Carl ran into in the forrest were whisperers? This would explain the less than usual zombie bite.

I also heard some character is immune to the zombie virus in the comics?

I suppose I'm just not entirely convinced until I see it.