Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If you mean episodes where he was hunting down guns and trying to arm Scavengers and was on a time table to get this done ?

Well considering Rick had no guns to speak of before he armed the Scavengers and was hunting for days with Michonne as well as after this attacked the out posts with Dwight's planned help in a time table they had running its a plot that really wouldn't have worked at all given the situations we saw.
    It's called multi-tasking.

The Kingdom, from all appearances, could have handled the production just fine. They were producing enough food that most of them didn't even know that the 'Saviors' were exhorting them for supplies

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's called multi-tasking.
    Well heres the deal with this , Rick already has Aaron and others trying to find the Saviors things. He himself is doing that as we watch too. He's gotta find the Saviors things to keep them happy , all while trying to arm the Scavengers. So he likely had folks doing that. So now he's gotta send them out to find raw materials to produce bullets for guns he doesn't have yet.

The Kingdom, from all appearances, could have handled the production just fine. They were producing enough food that most of them didn't even know that the 'Saviors' were exhorting them for supplies
    Having food being produced by the group there is different than having materials made for guns. Hell even half those folks never had a clue about fighting outside the wall. Let alone make and produce bullets.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well heres the deal with this , Rick already has Aaron and others trying to find the Saviors things. He himself is doing that as we watch too. He's gotta find the Saviors things to keep them happy , all while trying to arm the Scavengers. So he likely had folks doing that. So now he's gotta send them out to find raw materials to produce bullets for guns he doesn't have yet.

Having food being produced by the group there is different than having materials made for guns. Hell even half those folks never had a clue about fighting outside the wall. Let alone make and produce bullets.
    You keep acting like he main cast has to do it They don't. There are plenty of red shirts, all of whom have to find something to do to pass the time

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You keep acting like he main cast has to do it They don't. There are plenty of red shirts, all of whom have to find something to do to pass the time

You keep acting as if just reading instructions would enable random people to make bullets. The Saviors have a genius working for them. I don't see any Einsteins on Rick's team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    You keep acting as if just reading instructions would enable random people to make bullets. The Saviors have a genius working for them. I don't see any Einsteins on Rick's team.
    I know plenty of non genius people who can case their own bullets. And one presumes that step by step instructions means exactly that.

But really, it's all conjecture at this point. Has Talking Dead said anything about the instructions Eugene left for them?

Watching some episodes to catch up for tonight's season finale. I have the day off so I can watch it.

- Anyhow the episode many are angry over is the Rick & Morgan episode where they hunt for the Saviors who escaped from the prison pen at Hilltop. In that Rick basically seems to realize he's starting to cross over into Negan territory at the end as he lies n kills a bunch of Saviors who were wanting to go with him. Its here him and Morgan seem to both in a way realize how far they seem to be falling.

- Henry is alive as Morgan reveals to him he killed Jared (who killed his brother). Carol seems to admit she's really not handled loss well since losing a daughter and couldn't stand to see if Henry had died.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

The death of Simon...

- Simon was given chance after chance by Negan. In fact in a nice deal Negan was gonna wait the Hilltop out and surround the place and let them surrender basically over time. But Simon hated that idea and after being spared once by Negan decided to plot with Dwight on eradicating the entire Hilltop.

- Dwight however did not want this to happen because he liked those people there better than Negan. Its then he pretty much does a double turn on Simon finally. Dwight realizes Negan is snapping and will kill those at Hilltop after he kills Simon so he won't appear weak. So he trusts Gregory to get to Rick and reveal what is ahead.

Walking Dead ...spoilers...

-

-

-

-

-

-

- The episode focuses on this being the end of the WAR. Negan seems intent on killing everyone as he realizes things have gone too far and he can't appear weak for his Saviors now. Gabriel tries to escape as Eugene stops him. Giving a slight hint perhaps in a way what is ahead.

- Eugene redeems himself by saving EVERYONE by fixing the guns. Making them all jam and shocking Negan ! Eugene admits Rosita's speech and more changed everything for him. That he was inspired by Gabriel's idea earlier.

- Rick spares Negan much to the anger of Maggie. Who demands he be killed for what he did to Glenn. But Rick stops and realizes what Carl finally met. He had to stop. The Saviors have all surrendered finally. He tells them to SAVE HIM.

- Dwight is told to LEAVE and never look back. Daryl spares his life and tells him to find Sherry. He gets a hint where she's at and seems headed there.

- Morgan departs for parts unknown as he is done. Telling Jadis who now goes by Ann , to go to Alexandria. That Rick has granted her a place to stay now.

- The end result sees the Oceanside community reunite with the Sanctuary it seems as this New World is forming. The Hilltop itself has Maggie assume full control ruling alongside Daryl Dixon ! Maggie claims that they will rebuild the Hilltop. Make it BIGGER...BETTER....and they will show Rick n Michonne when time is right how they will deal with Negan as Daryl emerges from the shadows and agrees with her.

- The end sees Rick & Michonne tells Negan what role he'll serve in the new world. Rick writes a letter to Carl and tells him how Carl made him realize what he was doing wasn't right. That this new world needs to get back on track and it Carl who inspired him.

Fantastic Member

I enjoyed the season finale, as I generally have with the previous two episodes. I was sorry to see Dwight go, but his fate is a reflection of what I call "the Daryl problem" -- in that no one can become Rick's righthand man because Daryl is in the way. The scene with Maggie, Daryl and Jesus (??!!!!) however, seems to fulfill what they've been leading up to all season, in that the Rick/Daryl partnership appears to have come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    I enjoyed the season finale, as I generally have with the previous two episodes. I was sorry to see Dwight go, but his fate is a reflection of what I call "the Daryl problem" -- in that no one can become Rick's righthand man because Daryl is in the way. The scene with Maggie, Daryl and Jesus (??!!!!) however, seems to fulfill what they've been leading up to all season, in that the Rick/Daryl partnership appears to have come to an end.
    It also appears Cohen perhaps has signed back . I'm sure Talking Dead may reveal that soon. Also it plays into a theory I have...Daryl Dixon is taking the next stage of his character and perhaps become Maggie's next love interest.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    I was sorry to see Dwight go, but his fate is a reflection of what I call "the Daryl problem" -- in that no one can become Rick's righthand man because Daryl is in the way.
    Yeah, someone else described it the same way back when Tyreese showed up. He's TWD equivalent to a downplayed Alice from the Resident Evil films.

How long do you think the timeskip will be? At first I was thinking a couple years, but then I wondered if they could get away with much longer, to have Judith around the same age as Carl was when the show began. That's probably pushing it though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Yea Daryl is a show main stay even though I think it’s time for him to exit the show. I honestly wouldn’t have mind if he died a hero’s death in the all out war conclusion. Overall, I thought the season finale was fine. I knew Negan wasn’t going to die and it was going to play out like the comics. I don’t read the comics currently, but it seems the next season is setting up Maggie, Jesus, and Daryl to be antagonists to Rick and Michonne along with maybe the whispers.

Talking Dead info...

- Gimple claims the next phase of the show begins in season #9. Kirkman joked "All Out Peace" ! But they won't speak on what the new showrunner plans outta respect for her.

- James claims that its gonna be drastically different to go from filming in Atlanta to now he'll be filming in Austin where Fear will be. Lincoln claims some filming will start tomorrow actually for Walking Dead. So he's gonna miss being with those guys there.

- Jeffrey Dean Morgan claims that Lincoln by accident broke his nose earlier in the season. That they were doing a fight scene and Lincoln caught him in a spot.

- A caller asks Lincoln if Negan had killed Michonne would he have spared him ? He claims that no , Negan would have died. That if Carl had lived he would have died since there was no kid to write that letter to spare him and had that effect on him.

- The actor who plays John Dorie (the gentle cowboy sheriff with 6 shooters who hands out candies) actually took the character in a way from a failed pilot and used it for Dorie's characterization.

- Fear's timeline has now matched up to Walking Dead. That a lot of time passed since Fear season #3 according to Kirkman.

- Maggie Grace weirdly looks like Lauren Cohen in a way.

- Comical spot , a lady brings up Lincoln wearing the sheriff outfit in the flashback scenes. Andrew starts off saying it was kinda tight (admitting he's gotten older/bigger) putting it back on and it was the original one he wore that he got to keep. Also he had to shave and cut his hair. The lady chimes in "dye your hair too ?" Which had everyone erupt into laughter as Lincoln sold it good. She apologized as Lincoln seemed to like the poking fun at himself.

- Also as far as roles go Garret Dillahunt (John Dorie) auditioned for the role of Negan 2 years ago. He got this one instead.

- They seemingly danced around the Lauren Cohen question. Seemingly believing she'll be back given how Gimple and others talked. "The new female Governess" as they coined her.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I don’t read the comics currently, but it seems the next season is setting up Maggie, Jesus, and Daryl to be antagonists to Rick and Michonne along with maybe the whispers.
    I think they're taking the role of some other characters from the comic who were remnants of the saviors. They was working with Hilltop, the Kingdom and Alexandria after the time skip, but had a fallen out with rick. In the comic i think it was D'wight's ex.