Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

If they are making Daryl the main character they better start working on bringing his personality back. All he does is stand there and grunt monosyllables with his hair in his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Anyhow in reading a source , its claimed from that Lincoln wants to do movies. Which hey , is his right as an actor. But even I have to wonder if he's examined this choice well enough to be honest. Like Reedus ...he's way past 40 (turns 45 this year) and is in a spot. He's not the 30 year old actor from Love Actually anymore. So what roles does Lincoln expect to get as a 45/46 year old actor after Walking Dead in films ?

Bernthal was in his 30's when he left the show and was able to launch into film and movies.
    I'd say that this looks at it from the wrong angle.

Plug "47/48" into what you are talking about, and ask if it wouldn't be easier for him to do it now.

I bet they are now regretting killing off Curl.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I bet they are now regretting killing off Curl.
    Not really because Carl without Rick is like Rick without Carl. As I posted on FB the entire premise of the show seemingly moved last year from a man trying to keep his son alive into this new world. Now its more like Rick has no real anchor anymore left. Carl being alive would be the same issue. Without his dad what point is there ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    If they are making Daryl the main character they better start working on bringing his personality back. All he does is stand there and grunt monosyllables with his hair in his eyes.
    I'll trade a whole episode of that, with various zombies in the background, over many of the episodes.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Not really because Carl without Rick is like Rick without Carl. As I posted on FB the entire premise of the show seemingly moved last year from a man trying to keep his son alive into this new world. Now its more like Rick has no real anchor anymore left. Carl being alive would be the same issue. Without his dad what point is there ?
    One word: Judith.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    One word: Judith.
    There isn't a big emotional pull to Judith and the whole Carl/Rick situation due to her being a 2-3 year old now. Its a big hook basically and we knew how things would be set from the start in season #2 where Rick tells Carl alone , "I'm gonna die , your mom's gonna die." It was a father/son moment deal where you saw Rick having to get his son ready for what is ahead of life then.

I'd say if Daryl assumes the Rick Grimes position and becomes leader (it would be a natural evolution of his former loner character) they have to tie Daryl to Maggie with the kids. You have to give Daryl an emotional hook and reason why he's doing this for his family like Rick did in the series. And if AMC is intent on keeping it running for good ala Doctor Who, then every few years you need to introduce that element of a family hook.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Not really because Carl without Rick is like Rick without Carl. As I posted on FB the entire premise of the show seemingly moved last year from a man trying to keep his son alive into this new world
    And if Carl had lived he would have been successful. Carl was primed for transitioning to carrying the torch so to speak in the comics. I have no idea what the TV show is trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    And if Carl had lived he would have been successful. Carl was primed for transitioning to carrying the torch so to speak in the comics. I have no idea what the TV show is trying to do.

Well as AMC claimed a year or two back they view the Walking Dead as a Doctor Who style franchise. Which means its gonna constantly re-invent itself. That new leads will take over like the new Doctor and change.

I suppose it's possible Enid might get some of the arcs that Carl once had, as the show does tend to re-arrange characters, although most of the broad storylines are the same (with the exception of Terminus, although it sort of expanded on a comics storyline, and the hospital arc with Beth).

I'm guessing they're kind of setting Alden (The "nice" Savior) as pretty much the Dante character from the comics too.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Which means its gonna constantly re-invent itself. That new leads will take over like the new Doctor and change.
    It SHOULD have been Carl. If there's a time jump it'll likely be Judith....probably not though. I dunno what's happening lol

The pics from season 9 are kind of interesting, kind of showing them more reliant on horses and carriages, which is interesting. Not sure if the comics did this (I'm not quite that far along). Maybe the medieval knowledge book helped out a bit.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-wal...ime-jump-hint/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

With civilization crumbling in a zombie apocalypse, it slowly gets harder and harder to find gasoline, motor oil, etc. to keep automobiles going. So sooner or later, you will need to use horses and carriages.

Seeing Curl grow up to become the new Rick is a thousand times more interesting than Rick leading people into another fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The pics from season 9 are kind of interesting, kind of showing them more reliant on horses and carriages, which is interesting. Not sure if the comics did this (I'm not quite that far along). Maybe the medieval knowledge book helped out a bit.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-wal...ime-jump-hint/
    Yeah in the comics basically they started relying on horses and rarely on cars. It makes sense really. Gas is becoming rarer and rarer to get. So they need a way around. This puts me in mind that season #9 seems like were going Western Walking Dead with Gabriel's look and all. Also I have a theory on Andrew Lincoln's future....

-

-

-

- He's not leaving at all. In fact the shows cast has grown by so much Rick Grimes doesn't need to be in every episode and the new showrunner likely told Lincoln he'll get to be in half the seasons episodes and they can develop more people in the expanded cast. In fact Gimple seems to point that the show has became more than just Rick Grimes point of view and plots coming to him.

So my theory ...

Jadis
    Negan
    Enid
    Maggie
    Daryl
    Jesus
    Gregory
    Carol
    Ezekiel
    Rosita
    Eugene
    Ethan (the guy at Hilltop who was a former Savior)
    Oceanside (leader there)
    Saviors (Someone leads that)

A number of these characters need more TV time and will get it. Plus after All Out War a number of new characters join from another group. So the idea seems to be that the show is branching a lot more from Rick Grimes. So Lincoln can take half the season off , do a movie if need be. Like Maggie can possibly try a show out and come back. No need to rush back.

In fact Lincoln hasn't commented and neither has AMC. They seem to be doing a ..."Hmmm wait and see" approach with what was leaked last week.