Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well it could be a few characters actually since Fear the Walking Dead is about 3-4 years behind the Walking Dead series (timeline wise)

- Nick's girlfriend : Last we saw she was seen leaving from the area , intent on finding her family perhaps.

- Victor Strand , Nick , Walker, Madison etc : Its clear Fear won't run as long as the main show , so someone from there as a main cast member could be seen as having a bigger story to tell as a character and be moved over. They can appear changed ..and that the 4 years has seen so much change and all of that group is dead now. Or he got separated and moved on.
    How do you know fear won't run as long as the main series
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    How do you know fear won't run as long as the main series
    Honestly does anyone expect it to go 8 seasons ? I'm shocked its getting a 4th season.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly does anyone expect it to go 8 seasons ? I'm shocked its getting a 4th season.
    What, because Walking Dead is so well plotted? :P

It'll last for the same reasons WD has.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What, because Walking Dead is so well plotted? :P

It'll last for the same reasons WD has.
    Yes you have told us this repeatedly for a long while. How terrible plotted etc it is. But unlike "Fear" ...beyond this half season its a pretty boring as **** show. The show has lost like 80% of its launch from season #1. By some luck its getting a 4th season.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

AMC released a 2+ minute preview clip of this season coming. We see Rick & Maggie discuss .."Just one more fight left..." as the scene seems to hint all 3 communities are preparing for war.

(Hmm thought I made a post hyping tonights show before it aired....oh well)

SPOILERS !

-

-

-

-

- In a surprise throwback to the 1st episode ; Rick puts down the famous Girl walker....again.

- Rick offers Negan's Lt's a rare deal...surrender and they can live. If not , he will have them all killed.

- Dwight helps give the group inside information and sets up the Walker attack pretty much.

- Old Man Rick is a daydream , Rick has as he waits. Dreaming of a future where he's older and has rebuilt society with Michonne and his little girl now doesn't have much to worry over.

Also now the Walking Dead has hit that magical 100th episode as we are hearing detailed on Talking Dead. This will mean quite a deal for AMC who can sell the series into syndication now.

Astonishing Member

Consensus on the Boring Dead:

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...-mercy/543624/

Summarizes well why the viewership is way off.

I was just speaking to a co-worker last night who stopped watching the show at the beginning of last season. She said that she stopped watching because they killed off Glen. Now, if there are others who have stopped watching when their favorite character was killed off, too, then it stands to reason that the show will continue to lose viewers. But it seems like the Walking Dead can't win with some people. They get upset that there isn't enough zombie action, but they don't want their favorite character killed off by a zombie or by anyone else. Understand, the zombies are a plot device. The show's not really about them. It's about life and death in a world where, as Herschel once said, "You're always risking your life."

I'm pretty sure that's not the same gas station-unless Carl and Rick wasted a lot of gas just to get some gas as Atlanta's considerably far behind now; and Walkers can somehow age apart from decaying
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I am probably in the minority but I think after Fear the Walking Dead killed off the father, it's gotten a lot more interesting.

As for TWD, I think last night's show didn't meet up to all the hype about it being faster moving, etc. but I still enjoyed it. Maybe it was because they kept Neggan's scene short. I want him dead asap and Jeffrey Dean Morgan's performance is very grating on me. Probably the worst was rewatching last season's finale with the pauses he uses, etc.

Thought it was a really good premiere, with the one caveat of the stupidity of having Negan show himself, be right in Rick's line of sight, have him do nothing and only later in the episode when the firefight begins, focus single-mindedly on killing him. Negan shouldn't have come out in that scene, rather just talked behind the door or something until shooting began.

Showing flashes of "Old Rick" scenes right away have me thinking that All Out War is only planned to last the first half of the season. Which is probably a good move. I had figured it'd last the whole year, but a consistent action-packed first half, ending the war, then starting the new year with A New Beginning would be a better move.

The Old Rick flashforwards will probably continue in increments throughout the entire first half of the year culminating in the last scene of the season's first half being
    spoilers:
    Carl (if they want to stay completely true to the comic scene), or Rick himself talking to a disheveled Negan in his prison cell
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-23-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I missed all of last season, except for the first episode and a few small scenes. Can't really get behind Negan as this tall skinny guy with a white beard. He's Henry Rollins. Its hard to be anything but indifferent to what seems to be yet another villain walking through the paces of the character he is playing, but not really selling the part as it should be sold.

This episode was interesting, but I still found Negan to be uninteresting. Honestly Eugene, Dwight and that other guy with the killer stache are way more interesting as bad guys.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I wasn't sold on JDM's interpretation at first, but it grew on me. He's probably my favorite character on the show right now. He's not as cool as comic Negan, but I think he's made the role his own for this adaptation.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Weird Al! A nod to Weird Al!!!!!!!
    Original join date: sometime in 2002