Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

This episode didn't do much to win me back over...I'll keep watching for now as I have years invested in this show. But anymore I'm just watching it to make fun of it, it seems.

I love Jeffrey Dean Morgan but his performance as Negan is garbage. The best villain on this show is Simon (played by Steven Ogg). I'd have rather seen him as Negan.

So they have the place surrounded while Negan and his top men stand outside with no cover...why doesn't someone just pop them all with a rifle? Instead we get a few minutes of Negan's usual schtick - the over the top line deliveries, with stupid dramatic pauses, emphasizing certain words in each sentence (each emphasized word coming with the typical Negan "lean back, arms spread, Lucille in one hand).

I hope they don't go the route of the comic and spoilers:
    keep Negan alive. Negan should have been a source of great story arcs and great injection of energy into the show...but it's really killed any momentum. I guess he doesn't translate to the screen very well...or maybe it's just the way he's chosen to play it, and nobody has told him (no show-runner/director/producer) to tone it down a bit.
    end of spoilers

I think we're at the point where AMC should seriously consider going to war here and ending the series, but they don't want to kill this cash cow. They should have massive casualties and have the survivors "move on" at the end towards something new...which is left to the imagination of the viewers. Or end it with Maggie having her baby...a sign of new hope.

They will probably string this along through 12 seasons, though, because people want to see Daryl ride his bike and shoot crap.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-24-2017 at 08:01 PM. Reason: use spoil tags for comic spoilers

The only problem I have right now is Negan not saying the word he so often says in the comic book. If Madison can say that word on Fear the Walking Dead, why can't Negan say it on the Walking Dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The only problem I have right now is Negan not saying the word he so often says in the comic book. If Madison can say that word on Fear the Walking Dead, why can't Negan say it on the Walking Dead?
    They get like 3 for the whole season i think. They are saving them

That is such a silly notion. So until now, hearing the word "****" at all on AMC would irreparably harm people, but now we can hear it three times, but no more than that. What has changed to make us able to hear the word three times, but no more than that?

Ultimate Member

That is such a silly notion. So until now, hearing the word "****" at all on AMC would irreparably harm people, but now we can hear it three times, but no more than that. What has changed to make us able to hear the word three times, but no more than that?
    Man, you're selfish. Can you imagine the damage done to the children who watch this show in which people are eaten alive?

Won't someone think of the children?

On Talking Dead they talked about Madison dropping the f-bomb, and IIRC she said they only get one per season.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I don't think there's anything TWD can do to please everyone (i feel GoT is heading this way too). People complain about everything, and every plot point. it's either too much action, or not enough action, regardless it's going to be "boring" to someone. Now admittedly this was self inflicted, the hand wringing going on behind the scenes don't help. I feel that TWD is also too busy trying to be award bait.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 10-24-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

South Park itself has made jokes about this years ago and discussed how certain words wasn't supposed to be said on TV. And they poked fun with one word which is not the F-bomb. They said this curse word 162 times in an episode. Which surprised them as Comedy Central allowed them to air the episode.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Walking Dead is far from finished as far as a ratings power house goes. Unlike last season that left a hook for viewers to continue and watch. Season #7 had 20+ million viewers in that premiere. This weeks season #8 had 15+ million.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Walking Dead is far from finished as far as a ratings power house goes. Unlike last season that left a hook for viewers to continue and watch. Season #7 had 20+ million viewers in that premiere. This weeks season #8 had 15+ million.
    It's dead, dead I say! Next episode is the last, it must be! The zombie sky is falling!

Why isnt the priest shooting Negan on the spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Why isnt the priest shooting Negan on the spot?
    Because he still thinks like a priest. Father Gabriel had a hard enough time taking down walkers. He still can't bring himself to kill a human being.

Because he still thinks like a priest. Father Gabriel had a hard enough time taking down walkers. He still can't bring himself to kill a human being.
    That's not true at all. He killed people without hesitation in the last 2 seasons.

Real reason is because the show writing is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    This episode didn't do much to win me back over...I'll keep watching for now as I have years invested in this show. But anymore I'm just watching it to make fun of it, it seems.

So they have the place surrounded while Negan and his top men stand outside with no cover...why doesn't someone just pop them all with a rifle? Instead we get a few minutes of Negan's usual schtick - the over the top line deliveries, with stupid dramatic pauses, emphasizing certain words in each sentence (each emphasized word coming with the typical Negan "lean back, arms spread, Lucille in one hand).
    That and shooting hundreds of rounds of ammo at a building. I know they have a big supply, but it's not unlimited. Using up your bullets to shoot out windows, with no idea if anyone is behind them is really stupid.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That and shooting hundreds of rounds of ammo at a building. I know they have a big supply, but it's not unlimited. Using up your bullets to shoot out windows, with no idea if anyone is behind them is really stupid.
    Yeah, WTF was the point of that?