Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Avengers #11 preview/discussion

This just went up: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...w-avengers-11/

Looks like maybe a Wasp/Spidey story? Either way I love the art by Del Mundo.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    This just went up: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...w-avengers-11/

Looks like maybe a Wasp/Spidey story? Either way I love the art by Del Mundo.
    Spider-Man and Nadia...?!?? This should be interesting......

Incredible Member

Sucks that Peter lost the Baxter building. Who owns it now?

So Peter is bankrupt? Johnny Storm must be furious, Peter told him he bought the Baxter so it'd be available when the FF came back. I assume he'll be buying it back now? He's just been contacted by a lawyer in Uncanny Avengers re: FF legacy. As for the HQ problem, that won't be resolved this issue. Indeed, they won't be needing one, since they break up after Worlds Collide.

This is Mike Del Mundo's last Avengers issue if I'm not mistaken, since Saiz, the former Steve Rogers artist, is doing the last three issues of Waid's run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So Peter is bankrupt? Johnny Storm must be furious, Peter told him he bought the Baxter so it'd be available when the FF came back. I assume he'll be buying it back now? He's just been contacted by a lawyer in Uncanny Avengers re: FF legacy. As for the HQ problem, that won't be resolved this issue. Indeed, they won't be needing one, since they break up after Worlds Collide.

This is Mike Del Mundo's last Avengers issue if I'm not mistaken, since Saiz, the former Steve Rogers artist, is doing the last three issues of Waid's run.
    Why would Johnny be furious? It's not as though Reed himself didn't lose the Baxter Building at one time or another.

As for the Avengers' HQ, I'm hoping that a restored Avengers Mansion is on the way. The Baxter Building doesn't belong to Peter anymore, Deadpool torched the old Uncanny Avengers HQ in his latest issue, and it looks like the mansion got trashed in Uncanny Avengers this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Why would Johnny be furious? It's not as though Reed himself didn't lose the Baxter Building at one time or another.

As for the Avengers' HQ, I'm hoping that a restored Avengers Mansion is on the way. The Baxter Building doesn't belong to Peter anymore, Deadpool torched the old Uncanny Avengers HQ in his latest issue, and it looks like the mansion got trashed in Uncanny Avengers this week.
    Given they're sort of going back to their roots I'd wager an Avengers Mansion is a given!
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Given they're sort of going back to their roots I'd wager an Avengers Mansion is a given!
    Good. Best Avengers HQ ever, anyway. IMHO, of course.

Peace

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Until FF #244, Reed didn't even own the building.