Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Avengers #11 preview/discussion

This just went up: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...w-avengers-11/

Looks like maybe a Wasp/Spidey story? Either way I love the art by Del Mundo.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    This just went up: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...w-avengers-11/

Looks like maybe a Wasp/Spidey story? Either way I love the art by Del Mundo.
    Spider-Man and Nadia...?!?? This should be interesting......

Incredible Member

Sucks that Peter lost the Baxter building. Who owns it now?

So Peter is bankrupt? Johnny Storm must be furious, Peter told him he bought the Baxter so it'd be available when the FF came back. I assume he'll be buying it back now? He's just been contacted by a lawyer in Uncanny Avengers re: FF legacy. As for the HQ problem, that won't be resolved this issue. Indeed, they won't be needing one, since they break up after Worlds Collide.

This is Mike Del Mundo's last Avengers issue if I'm not mistaken, since Saiz, the former Steve Rogers artist, is doing the last three issues of Waid's run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So Peter is bankrupt? Johnny Storm must be furious, Peter told him he bought the Baxter so it'd be available when the FF came back. I assume he'll be buying it back now? He's just been contacted by a lawyer in Uncanny Avengers re: FF legacy. As for the HQ problem, that won't be resolved this issue. Indeed, they won't be needing one, since they break up after Worlds Collide.

This is Mike Del Mundo's last Avengers issue if I'm not mistaken, since Saiz, the former Steve Rogers artist, is doing the last three issues of Waid's run.
    Why would Johnny be furious? It's not as though Reed himself didn't lose the Baxter Building at one time or another.

As for the Avengers' HQ, I'm hoping that a restored Avengers Mansion is on the way. The Baxter Building doesn't belong to Peter anymore, Deadpool torched the old Uncanny Avengers HQ in his latest issue, and it looks like the mansion got trashed in Uncanny Avengers this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Why would Johnny be furious? It's not as though Reed himself didn't lose the Baxter Building at one time or another.

As for the Avengers' HQ, I'm hoping that a restored Avengers Mansion is on the way. The Baxter Building doesn't belong to Peter anymore, Deadpool torched the old Uncanny Avengers HQ in his latest issue, and it looks like the mansion got trashed in Uncanny Avengers this week.
    Given they're sort of going back to their roots I'd wager an Avengers Mansion is a given!

Given they're sort of going back to their roots I'd wager an Avengers Mansion is a given!
    Good. Best Avengers HQ ever, anyway. IMHO, of course.

Peace

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Until FF #244, Reed didn't even own the building.

The Uncanny Avengers are officially dissolved, but are staying together and living in the mansion, though the mansion was just wrecked by Graviton. The officially recognized team has no headquarters or financing. The Avengers are in dire straits.

So are we finally going to get an end to this running thing of Nadia hating Peter for literally no reason? Because honestly, her response of her not having to like everyone is just plain stupid given that, in her own solo, she was shown to even be nice to known villains, even apologizing for when she did lose her cool with them. Her dislike of Peter has been completely out of character for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So are we finally going to get an end to this running thing of Nadia hating Peter for literally no reason? Because honestly, her response of her not having to like everyone is just plain stupid given that, in her own solo, she was shown to even be nice to known villains, even apologizing for when she did lose her cool with them. Her dislike of Peter has been completely out of character for her.
    Maybe they're flirting?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Nadia as tsundere for Spidey? Hmm, maybe, although I would like to see an end to what is apparently very uncharacteristic antagonism towards Spidey from her. At the very least, an explanation for why she especially has it out for him when she's been so nice to just about everyone else and has gushed over a reforming arch-villain --- who has done most of the evil things he's been accused of, unlike Spidey, who simply has to put up with media smear campaigns --- solely because she's impressed by his intelligence. Yeah, it's kind of a sore spot with me, too, mostly because it falls into a pattern with current Marvel where a lot of the characters seem to treat Spidey with open disdain and irritation, and I'd generally like to see that stop or at least greatly lessen.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Nadia as tsundere for Spidey? Hmm, maybe, although I would like to see an end to what is apparently very uncharacteristic antagonism towards Spidey from her. At the very least, an explanation for why she especially has it out for him when she's been so nice to just about everyone else and has gushed over a reforming arch-villain --- who has done most of the evil things he's been accused of, unlike Spidey, who simply has to put up with media smear campaigns --- solely because she's impressed by his intelligence. Yeah, it's kind of a sore spot with me, too, mostly because it falls into a pattern with current Marvel where a lot of the characters seem to treat Spidey with open disdain and irritation, and I'd generally like to see that stop or at least greatly lessen.
    Agreed. Hell even the start of the issue has the Avengers openly trashing Peter's civilian identity and yet Peter doesn't even so much as try to justify or explain what he did. I'm pretty damn sure that they'd understand the sacrifice that Peter made to prevent Doc Ock from taking the company for himself, especially in the wake of Secret Empire where Hydra took over the country. But no, Waid continues to treat Peter as the butt of all jokes.

Spectacular Member

Maybe they're flirting?
    Nadia's 16 while Peter must be at least 30 by this point. It's also implied she isn't straight but the first part's a fact.
    Last edited by FantasticVision; 09-14-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It comes across as very immature and childish to me but maybe there's a hidden point that this issue might explore

It's not like others don't get irritated by spiderman I guess
    Last edited by kilderkin; 09-14-2017 at 04:11 PM.