Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Where were you when Jean Died

Its a strong Feeling that Jean will return.Its been what 12 years since Jean died in New X-men 150 so for here return make this a summery of the life and death of Jean Grey

Fantastic Member

On the moon uncanny 137: unborn
    New X-Men 150: end of high school or freshman in college

I love Jean but I'd prefer she stay dead. If the rumors are true and she comes back, I hope it's temporary to bring back dead mutants, both good and bad (because x-men need villains)
    Last edited by mbm721; 09-14-2017 at 08:43 AM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Where was I? A few years out of high school. I really hope there's no fake out here. We need real Jean. I'm not getting my hopes up though considering teen jeans presence
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member

DPS: Not born

2000: Way too young to read stories where genocide takes place and Wolverine beheads the villain.

I also prefer she stay dead. Bringing her back in the 80s was a mistake I don't think the X-books ever recovered from, and between her younger self and Scott and others also being dead I don't see the point in bringing her back now. It's like if Search for Spock took place in Picard's generation instead of Kirk's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

2000: Way too young to read stories where genocide takes place and Wolverine beheads the villain.

I also prefer she stay dead. Bringing her back in the 80s was a mistake I don't think the X-books ever recovered from, and between her younger self and Scott and others also being dead I don't see the point in bringing her back now. It's like if Search for Spock took place in Picard's generation instead of Kirk's.

Your analogy makes no sense...

If we're talking about the New X-men run, I was in 7th grade. My friend showed me the issue and I remember thinking she would be back in no time. Boy was I wrong.

About to start high school during Morrison's run. Now I'm a full grown adult. Times have changed.
    First X-Lady

First Time: Not alive
    Second Time: College sometime.

About a year or two later I stopped reading comics for a while. Jean wasn't the main reason, but the X-Men in general weren't super appealing by then and the only thing I liked was Whedon's Astonishing which came out at a glacial pace.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

So much wrong in this.

DFS wasn't born yet and hadn't jumped into following comics full fledged the second death. A year later I got my first job and had my own money but I opted for the newly launched Ultimate version of marvel so Ultimate Jean is really my Jean.

I really Hope this is not another ploy to pick at us Jean fans and make us waste our money if Jean is not returning!

This December, it will be close to 14 years since the real Jean has been gone. What a wonderful Holiday present for all us fans!

I knew from the cover that Jean as DP was dead. But I waited to read it until I was with friends. I remember who was there, where we were at--- everything. We were all horrified beyond belief that Jean was gone!

Did the same with #150--I had the same feeling Jean was killed and remembered stating, " Again! They did it again!!"

X-Men #137, September 1980.
    Released June 1980.
    Picked it up at the local pharmacy.
    I was on summer break between 7th and 8th grade.
    xmen137.jpg

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

New X-men-Way too young to even start reading comics or even understanding them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    X-Men #137, September 1980.
    Released June 1980.
    Picked it up at the local pharmacy.
    I was on summer break between 7th and 8th grade.
    xmen137.jpg
    Yep! Sunny, hot day.

There early evening pavement was still warm from the day's heat as the air temp was cooling down... Ah, I remember it in detail.

BANNED

Psychically controlling Magneto to touch her with all that pent up energy. >