Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 77
  1. #31
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean, you claiming "Sunny has the powers of Sebastian Shaw," based on a single line that could quite easily be read as just a description of him stopping punch with a slightly purple description. This is what I meant by some of your assessments of the feats being a bit suss.
    In the very same series Sunny Joe explains in detail how they can completely ignore the concept of kinetic energy, and generate force for a blow at will. Instead of relying on speed. When he was lecturing Stone early on during his training. It just seems to me you haven't actually read series, and by your own admission you have not. Practitioners of sinanju clearly showed the ability to manipulate energy over the course of the series. You can try asking the creators of The Destroyer but they have since died. So, you're going to have argue using the source material.



    Yeah, but those were the only feats of Shiva actually doing something in your list. Everything else was descriptive fluff.
    None of that was contradicted. Including the Tandava stuff. The only reason it stopped was because Shiva chose to stop it. I also find it unusual how you're ignoring everything with The Dutchman.





    Artistic licence on my part, I don't know the characters myself.
    You see, this is what I mean. Why are you taking liberities with your interpretations when you haven't read the 100+ books?

  2. #32
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaden Korr View Post
    In the very same series Sunny Joe explains in detail how they can completely ignore the concept of kinetic energy, and generate force for a blow at will. Instead of relying on speed. When he was lecturing Stone early on during his training. It just seems to me you haven't actually read series, and by your own admission you have not. Practitioners of sinanju clearly showed the ability to manipulate energy over the course of the series. You can try asking the creators of The Destroyer but they have since died. So, you're going to have argue using the source material.
    I've made no secret of the fact I don't know the series, that's hardly a gotcha.

    I guess, if there's a bit where a character explains he has complete magical control over kinetic energy a la someone like Sebastian Shaw; why not post that sequence instead of a one-off feat that is kinda ambiguous as to what is actually happening?

    None of that was contradicted. Including the Tandava stuff. The only reason it stopped was because Shiva chose to stop it. I also find it unusual how you're ignoring everything with The Dutchman.
    I mean, I can talk about it if you like because it did have some objections to how you presented the feats in the question.

    Okay, so the planet busting stuff: Dutchman looks at the sky, then complains that the planet isn't exploding, Chuin says he's gone mad and Remo is like "Can he even do that?" and Chuin is like "Let's not find out,"

    So, no one actually destroys a planet in the sequences you posted nor demonstrates the power to do so. Of note, Dutchman also claims himself to be able to "end the universe with a thought," so he might not be the best judge of his own power.

    The mountain busting is legit, though it's perhaps a bit ambiguous if he blew up the entire mountain or just the peak but yeah, cool, conceptual ceiling of this psychic lad established there.

    You then go on to claim that Remo resisted his psychokinesis, presumably meaning that he can just ignore mountain sundering force? But, I can't see any of that in the sequence you posted as proof of that. Dutchman doesn't want to fight Remo, he instead throws illusions at him, Remo makes a... grass net... and then swings around a rock and hits him. He then realises that because he's not afraid of him Dutchman's power has no hold on him and hits him a few times into the snake pit and then they both die because... soul bond...?

    If your claim was that Remo can resist planet busting/mountain busting psychokinesis, I would suggest you post a feat of him doing that because you have not posted that so far that I can see.

    You see, this is what I mean. Why are you taking liberities with your interpretations when you haven't read the 100+ books?
    Dude, I can literally only work with what you give me and assess against the things you're claiming. If your descriptions don't seem to match up with what the passage quoted says then I will have questions.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  3. #33
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    9,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Okay, so the planet busting stuff: Dutchman looks at the sky, then complains that the planet isn't exploding, Chuin says he's gone mad and Remo is like "Can he even do that?" and Chuin is like "Let's not find out,"

    So, no one actually destroys a planet in the sequences you posted nor demonstrates the power to do so. Of note, Dutchman also claims himself to be able to "end the universe with a thought," so he might not be the best judge of his own power.
    The Dutchman is absolutely insane, and sometimes has serious issues separating fantasy/delusion and reality. It's a thing for the character.

    The mountain busting is legit, though it's perhaps a bit ambiguous if he blew up the entire mountain or just the peak but yeah, cool, conceptual ceiling of this psychic lad established there.

    You then go on to claim that Remo resisted his psychokinesis, presumably meaning that he can just ignore mountain sundering force? But, I can't see any of that in the sequence you posted as proof of that. Dutchman doesn't want to fight Remo, he instead throws illusions at him, Remo makes a... grass net... and then swings around a rock and hits him. He then realises that because he's not afraid of him Dutchman's power has no hold on him and hits him a few times into the snake pit and then they both die because... soul bond...?

    If your claim was that Remo can resist planet busting/mountain busting psychokinesis, I would suggest you post a feat of him doing that because you have not posted that so far that I can see.
    I happen to have Master's Challenge at home; I'll check the whole thing tonight.

    But yeah, if the Dutchman is capable of blowing up mountains (and that wasn't another one of his illusions, he does a whole lot of that as well), it may simply be the case of PIS on the part of the Dutchman never actually using said mountain-busting PK on Remo.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  4. #34
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The Dutchman is absolutely insane, and sometimes has serious issues separating fantasy/delusion and reality. It's a thing for the character.



    I happen to have Master's Challenge at home; I'll check the whole thing tonight.

    But yeah, if the Dutchman is capable of blowing up mountains (and that wasn't another one of his illusions, he does a whole lot of that as well), it may simply be the case of PIS on the part of the Dutchman never actually using said mountain-busting PK on Remo.
    I will happily defer to more feats being provided or to those with greater familiarity with the series.

    Just seems like the thing that Jaden said happened in that sequence didn't actually happen.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  5. #35
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    9,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I will happily defer to more feats being provided or to those with greater familiarity with the series.

    Just seems like the thing that Jaden said happened in that sequence didn't actually happen.
    I recall reading the Purcell/Remo fight in Master's Challenge, waaaaay back before Rumbles, and thinking 'But Purcell was not only kicking his ass a few seconds ago, he was using mental powers to mess Remo up. How did the fight turn around just because Remo used the skills of the other contenders in the Master's Challenge to Spider-man his way to Purcell?"

    Basically it felt PIS-y before I even knew the term. But I want to check that; it has been a while.

    Then there's the fact that a lot of the stuff that happens in some of the scenes...doesn't actually happen, because it's really Purcell messing with people's heads. The guy for-sure has all kinds of mental powers, but creating mental illusions is one of his big ones.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  6. #36
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I've made no secret of the fact I don't know the series, that's hardly a gotcha.
    It kind of is. When all you're doing is trying to elaborate on what being said is not literal. When there's no reason to assume hyperbole.


    I guess, if there's a bit where a character explains he has complete magical control over kinetic energy a la someone like Sebastian Shaw; why not post that sequence instead of a one-off feat that is kinda ambiguous as to what is actually happening?
    I already posted the Dr. Quake feat with Chiun? Also, In Enemy Hands he elaborates that everything that falls into a sort of energy field around their body falls under their control. Kind of like Superboy's TTK.



    I also posted two different feats where Remo Williams manipulates matter down to the molecular/atomic scale. Down to controlling the energy within them.



    I mean, I can talk about it if you like because it did have some objections to how you presented the feats in the question.
    This is going to be another "I don't like how there's not enough collateral damage" thing again? Fiction tends to take liberties with conservation of energy.

    Okay, so the planet busting stuff: Dutchman looks at the sky, then complains that the planet isn't exploding, Chuin says he's gone mad and Remo is like "Can he even do that?" and Chuin is like "Let's not find out,"
    Another part of the fight shows us that he almost did. There's an explosion which can be seen all the way from Venus. Which is millions of miles away. It's not a question of it he could. It's that Remo interrupted him before he could finish.




    The mountain busting is legit, though it's perhaps a bit ambiguous if he blew up the entire mountain or just the peak but yeah, cool, conceptual ceiling of this psychic lad established there.
    It isn't. You only read the end of the excerpt. The rest of it makes it clear the energy enveloped the whole mountain.

    You then go on to claim that Remo resisted his psychokinesis, presumably meaning that he can just ignore mountain sundering force? But, I can't see any of that in the sequence you posted as proof of that. Dutchman doesn't want to fight Remo, he instead throws illusions at him, Remo makes a... grass net... and then swings around a rock and hits him. He then realises that because he's not afraid of him Dutchman's power has no hold on him and hits him a few times into the snake pit and then they both die because... soul bond...?
    "He's not afraid because the Dutchman's power is no threat to him." Lmao, what?

    If your claim was that Remo can resist planet busting/mountain busting psychokinesis, I would suggest you post a feat of him doing that because you have not posted that so far that I can see.
    Point me towards a single instance where Remo actually lost against The Dutchman. The burden of proof is not on me here. I already satisfied it several times over. And it's not PIS like Sharp is claiming it is. It's a simply a case of Remo always overpowering him in the end.


    Dude, I can literally only work with what you give me and assess against the things you're claiming. If your descriptions don't seem to match up with what the passage quoted says then I will have questions.
    Don't project this onto me. That's what you're doing right now. Your interpretations don't match the text, and it just seems like you're salty because Ken loses pretty badly here.
    Last edited by Jaden Korr; 09-27-2021 at 01:20 PM.

  7. #37
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaden Korr View Post
    It kind of is. When all you're doing is trying to elaborate on what being said is not literal. When there's no reason to assume hyperbole.
    Again, you stated stuff and the feats posted don't match up to me so I'm like "what's up with this?" It seems like hyperbole when it doesn't seem to match.

    I already posted the Dr. Quake feat with Chiun? Also, In Enemy Hands he elaborates that everything that falls into a sort of energy field around their body falls under their control. Kind of like Superboy's TTK.



    I also posted two different feats where Remo Williams manipulates matter down to the molecular/atomic scale. Down to controlling the energy within them.
    Alright, couple of things here.

    1) A statement from Chuin going "Hey, chi exists," isn't the same as proof of Sinanju granting one total control over kinetic energy in the manner of Sebastian Shaw.

    2) Remo is not Sonny, but your own admission Sonny is less accomplished than him so there's no reason Remo messing with atoms is something all Sinanju guys can do. Also, in the initial feat you posted for total kinetic energy control it didn't make reference to either of these concepts.

    Like, it feels like you have a very holistic view of this series which probably makes a lot of sense to you but, as you note, I haven't read a hundred books of this stuff so you saying "Well these two characters say and do apparently entirely unrelated things so therefore this third character stopping a punch is proof of total mastery over kinetic energy,"

    Assume I don't have the context because I generally don't.

    Another part of the fight shows us that he almost did. There's an explosion which can be seen all the way from Venus. Which is millions of miles away. It's not a question of it he could. It's that Remo interrupted him before he could finish.

    1) Why did you not post this as proof in your initial post instead of posting the bit when he complained about the planet was not exploding how he wanted it to and the only other characters in the scene expressed doubt that he could do it.

    2) The fact that Purcell seems to have erratic control of his power, doesn't really lend itself way to the argument that this level of force is employed against Remo.


    It isn't. You only read the end of the excerpt. The rest of it makes it clear the energy enveloped the whole mountain.
    I literally agreed with you that it was a conceptual ceiling? My observation was editorial that it reads a bit ambiguous to me, I'm not arguing that the mountain didn't blow up.

    "He's not afraid because the Dutchman's power is no threat to him." Lmao, what?
    Erm... this bit:



    The "music" is the descriptor for the psychic power right? Shows up in the mountain bit, shows up in the Venus bit you posted above. Remo "hears" the "music", implying that the Dutchman is using his powers at him but it doesn't actually do anything to him. He seems to ascribe it to him no longer being afraid of him.

    That's the closest bit to "Remo resists psychic power," that I read from the extract and it seems to be more psychological or related to the soul bond thing between them rather than any special defensive action he takes. If there's a larger context to that or another segment that's more concrete, post away.

    Point me towards a single instance where Remo actually lost against The Dutchman. The burden of proof is not on me here. I already satisfied it several times over. And it's not PIS like Sharp is claiming it is. It's a simply a case of Remo always overpowering him in the end.
    I don't know what you mean by this? I never said he lost to the Dutchman. Your logic was as follows:

    > Dutchman can blow up a mountain
    > Remo beat Dutchman and, according to you, resisted his psychokinesis somehow.
    > Therefore, you are implying Remo is more durable than a mountain

    My objection is that there doesn't seem to be a concrete feat wherein Remo is hit with mountain shattering psychokinesis or is noted as resisting any form of psychokinesis. He ignores some illusions, there's music bit I've quoted above but nothing about durability or resistance to psychic attacks per say.

    Don't project this onto me. That's what your doing right now. Your interpretations don't match the text, and it just seems like you're salty because Ken loses pretty badly here.
    That's how projection works? You're the only person posting feats and making claims about them and I'm interrogating those claims because I don't see what you claim to be there. This is how the board works.

    I literally haven't contradicted the fact that Kenshiro loses here but sure, if you like, I am only asking questions about how the feats work because Kenshiro is my favourite boy and I'm sad he lost a fight against another boy.

    Such salt, big mad. ._____.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  8. #38
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The amusing thing is Kenshiro also did the "I'm dead but now a spirit of some kind of god has possessed me and I still kickass thing once,"

    Big old parallels.



    You mind clarifying on this? The feats on the other page for Shiva have him eating some regular-ass hits from super Sinanju man and not caring and that's it.

    Like, Ken explodes Remo's head, Shiva presumably gets up somehow and then Ken... say... makes all the blood from his body shoot out through his skin or makes his skeleton forcibly eject itself from his body. What happens then? Does he regenerate or something?



    So it's a boost on Remo's regular power albeit none of things you list here are significant when you're messing around in Kenshiro's ballpark. Dude punches giant cyborgs to hard they smash through the walls of allegedly anti-nuke bomb shelters and junk. Again, this isn't to suggest Ken wins, speed is too off kilter for that but I'm trying to get a sense of what Shiva actually means in terms of feats etc.



    See this is it, I read the same feats and none of the Shiva stuff seemed that wild. A lot of fluff and narrative hype but nothing concrete in terms of his power.

    I agree with everything you are saying. The Shiva stuff, post power-Crack, is light on feats that are more impressive than Remo just being Remo based on what we see in the specific scans provided.

    My thing on scaling is that ShivaRemo is portrayed as being much more powerful then Remo, to the point that, back when Remo was nowhere nearly as capable as Chuin, when Shiva took the wheel, he was massively more capable than Chuin. This was consistent in the few times Shiva took charge of Remo back in the days where I read this stuff. So, if we apply some level of scaling logic to it, which I know isn't always the best way to do this, if Remo is much more powerful in his base form, he'll be much more powerful again in Shiva form. It wouldn't make sense that ShivaRemo is weaker than Remo. At the very worst, he'd be Remo's equal plus some extra degree of unkillable and some extra esoterica, but, it's extremely unlikely that is all he'd be, given that ShivaRemo has always done better in pure combat then regular Remo, and that holds true even in the recent stuff, based on the scans above.

    It's all kind of academic, as he's killing Ken here long before Ken knows the fight has started, but it might be important in another Rumble. To be as fair as one might, it may just be a situation where there aren't a lot of great feats to use for that form.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  9. #39
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    9,388

    Default

    The part Nik hits on about the fear is perfectly correct - in Master's Challenge, it's a point that the Dutchman's ability to mess with other people is connected to them fearing him. Like in Nik's quote, Remo finds himself immune to Purcell's power once he stops fearing him. Thing is, a couple of pages later, Purcell starts kicking Remo's rear in hand to hand. Then we get this, literally on the next page of my edition:

    "You will hear me now, and obey," the Dutchman commanded.
    It was the fear. 'Stop the fear in yourself, and his power will vanish.'
    But he [Remo] was afraid. No man had ever attacked him so fast. No man had ever beaten him so completely. The Dutchman was better than he was, better than anyone. In the Master's Trial, the Dutchman would have conquered the world.
    "Feel the knives in your legs, Remo."
    Remo screamed with the pain. Thousands of blades were suddenly embedded in his skin, cutting to the bone.
    There's more of Purcell torturing Remo with his power, but the point is that Remo isn't able to withstand the power due to durability or anything, he shrugs it off because for a time, he's not afraid. The moment the fear comes back, boom. Purcell's power starts mangling him again.

    More later.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 09-27-2021 at 12:58 PM.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  10. #40
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    9,388

    Default

    On the other hand, I'm fairly okay with Purcell's power in Master's Challenge, when spiralling wildly out of his control, destroying a mountain. Or at least being ridiculous in power. There's nothing in that particular instance to indicate it's an illusion.

    And this is what I mean by PIS. Purcell has all of this power, but he basically uses it to torture Remo. He doesn't 'level mountain sundering force' against Remo or anything. THAT is the PIS. He tortures Remo, Remo overcomes his fear again. This freaks Purcell out, he's written as now being the one who is afraid, and Remo hits him with 'three perfect blows' before Purcell can do anything.

    Which makes sense in the context of the story - it's not a stupid, ridiculous win. At the end, it works. The PIS, from a Rumbles standpoint, is Purcell not just up and killing Remo with his power when he has Remo completely at his mercy.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 09-27-2021 at 01:37 PM.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  11. #41
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    9,388

    Default

    For those interested, here are the relevant parts showing the order in which they appear.

    IMG_7112.jpg

    Yes, those are my fingers. ^_^ Pointing to the parts on each page.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  12. #42
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Again, you stated stuff and the feats posted don't match up to me so I'm like "what's up with this?" It seems like hyperbole when it doesn't seem to match.
    They match up. You just don't want to admit it for whatever reason.

    Alright, couple of things here.

    1) A statement from Chuin going "Hey, chi exists," isn't the same as proof of Sinanju granting one total control over kinetic energy in the manner of Sebastian Shaw.
    Chi doesn't exist. Except for one book not written by Warren Murphy that he declared non-canon. Ki-Ai is drawing ambient energy from the universe via breathing techniques. The ambient energy in question are ones that actually exist.

    The excerpt I posted was in reliation to him moving objects from a distance. Go back to the first page.


    2) Remo is not Sonny, but your own admission Sonny is less accomplished than him so there's no reason Remo messing with atoms is something all Sinanju guys can do. Also, in the initial feat you posted for total kinetic energy control it didn't make reference to either of these concepts.
    I wasn't saying Sunny was. I was saying Remo could do more than just manipulate kinetic energy. If you're referring to Legacy the dispersal of kinetic energy is directly mentioned word-for-word. You keep doing this thing where you do things you're claiming that I am doing. There's that projection again.

    Like, it feels like you have a very holistic view of this series which probably makes a lot of sense to you but, as you note, I haven't read a hundred books of this stuff so you saying "Well these two characters say and do apparently entirely unrelated things so therefore this third character stopping a punch is proof of total mastery over kinetic energy,"
    The fact it directly refers to the dispersal of kinetic energy is, and as I established both Chiun and Remo have far greater control over ambient energy than Sunny does. This to the point where matter manipulation comes into play.


    1) Why did you not post this as proof in your initial post instead of posting the bit when he complained about the planet was not exploding how he wanted it to and the only other characters in the scene expressed doubt that he could do it.
    As that was the part where Remo Williams actually finished the fight, and beat him. I wasn't expecting somebody who hasn't even read them to start scrutinizing every little thing. Even after I posted a whole plethora of feats, and supporting context from other books.

    2) The fact that Purcell seems to have erratic control of his power, doesn't really lend itself way to the argument that this level of force is employed against Remo.
    He's used it against Remo before. Blasted him with his telekinesis. Unless for some reason he decided to hold back yes it does lend itself to the idea. It's only erratic in the sense that he has difficulty holding back and keeping it in check. Which is why he's done things like accidentally kill his parents. The fact he can't hold back isn't evidence that he is holding back.




    I literally agreed with you that it was a conceptual ceiling? My observation was editorial that it reads a bit ambiguous to me, I'm not arguing that the mountain didn't blow up.
    You tried to argue only the top of it did.

    Erm... this bit:



    The "music" is the descriptor for the psychic power right? Shows up in the mountain bit, shows up in the Venus bit you posted above. Remo "hears" the "music", implying that the Dutchman is using his powers at him but it doesn't actually do anything to him. He seems to ascribe it to him no longer being afraid of him.
    What I was laughing at was the fact it flew over your head that this meant The Dutchman's power was useless against Remo. Which makes me question your reading comprehension.

    My objection is that there doesn't seem to be a concrete feat wherein Remo is hit with mountain shattering psychokinesis or is noted as resisting any form of psychokinesis. He ignores some illusions, there's music bit I've quoted above but nothing about durability or resistance to psychic attacks per say.
    I am at work right now but I will grab every direct excerpt, and circle the relevant bits for you. Where Remo is hit with Jeremiah's psychokinesis. As well as Chiun blocking Dr. Quake's water-jet. Which as I noted was powerful enough to destroy the San Andreas fault line.



    That's how projection works? You're the only person posting feats and making claims about them and I'm interrogating those claims because I don't see what you claim to be there. This is how the board works.
    Projection is when you do something, and then claim somebody else is doing it.

    I literally haven't contradicted the fact that Kenshiro loses here but sure, if you like, I am only asking questions about how the feats work because Kenshiro is my favourite boy and I'm sad he lost a fight against another boy.

    Such salt, big mad. ._____.
    That's because by your own admission that it's Kenshiro circa volume one, and you argued that Kenshiro at his best would be a different story. I was talking about Kenshiro at his best. Not as described in the OP. That should have been obvious.

  13. #43
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    For those interested, here are the relevant parts showing the order in which they appear.

    IMG_7112.jpg

    Yes, those are my fingers. ^_^ Pointing to the parts on each page.
    This means the exact opposite of what you think it does. The fear bit is in regards to Jeremiah's illusions. Not his telekinesis.

    Otherwise, inanimate objects are now capable of fear. And I am pretty sure mountains are not.

  14. #44
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaden Korr View Post
    This means the exact opposite of what you think it does. The fear bit is in regards to Jeremiah's illusions. Not his telekinesis.

    Otherwise, inanimate objects are now capable of fear. And I am pretty sure mountains are not.
    4D5709E4-D1FD-42D9-8AC1-5C1B4E5B035B.jpg
    Behold!

  15. #45
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Also, this is directed towards Sharp but Time Trial. The book where the laser feat was?

    https://www.amazon.com/Time-Trial-De.../dp/1944073817

    It was number 53.

    I highly doubt the Ground Zero feat where Remo outruns neutrons is an outlier. As the other feat happened thirty books prior.

    https://www.amazon.com/Destroyer-084.../dp/0451169344

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •