Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It does seem that the series has gone in some...bigger directions, let's put it that way.
    Between Stone and Freya? Freya is actually the more talented of the two, and has even channeled Shiva already. I do like how they're deconstructing that though. Since she's growing too powerful too quickly, and as a result butchers most of her extended family in Lakluun. Which leaves her with PTSD. As that was done whilst Shiva took over her body. He went fire and brimstone on them after The Mother killed Freya, and they were under the influence of her spell. Rather than freeing them? Shiva just killed them for their transgressions against sinanju.

When power outpaces wisdom and self-control it leads to tragedy.

And I like how flawed they made Freya. Despite being the more powerful of the two she depends on her brother a lot for support. Same with her grandfather. Rather than "I don't need no man" it's "I hate this what I am becoming."

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Glad to hear it's enjoyable. As I said, I kind of got out of the series a waaaays back, and had no idea this is where it ended up. It's a bit of a shock, I must admit.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate