Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Super Sons #8 preview

I'm honestly surprised that this book seems to be topping itself. This is the exact adventure that I'd expect and deeply want from this book. Also helps that Tomasi's dialog gives off the right amount of 60s' Batman and 80s' Spielberg. Not sure if anyone else gets that vibe, but it really enhances the whole thing for me. Also cute Jon is cute yet still very much not a cartoon. Fantastic.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Well this looks fun. Damian saying Jacked that's not like him.
    The girls look fun.
    Why is this book monthly again I can't be expected to wait so long between issues

ok, so if I'm getting the story straight, that Kraklov guy from the first 2 issues of this arc, got a box of clay from another dimension. Jon and Damian are now in the dimension where the box comes from. And this monster in the preview is attacking them because he wants the clay back. Am I getting this right?

This book keeps getting better with every issue, I am totally loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    ok, so if I'm getting the story straight, that Kraklov guy from the first 2 issues of this arc, got a box of clay from another dimension. Jon and Damian are now in the dimension where the box comes from. And this monster in the preview is attacking them because he wants the clay back. Am I getting this right?
    You got it right, the clay Kraklov got was from this dimension and that monster dude wants it back. At the end of the last issue, Jon and Damian were examining the clay. Damian was planning to take it to his lab.

This book simply gets better and better. And these girls with this 70's hairdo (isn't it?) firing massive guns are awesome. I am really loving this book. Maybe a one month timing increases its quality. Thank you for posting this.

Reading this preview and the issues before it, I can totally see how Damian would go against the Titans and the Batman of tomorrow (VERY like a grown up him) in defense of Jon. Probably sucks for Jon for a number of reasons but also because the Titans all but made him join the team last issue.

Gotta say, if this arc goes off without a hitch this will likely be the best built up crossover in the Superman line that I've seen in a while. And it will have been a pretty economical use of issues too. The seeds set in as far back as issue 10 of Superman, then Black Dawn doubled down on it.

And given the solicitations for issue #10, it seems like Jon's gonna be in an extra good mood: "Superboy revels in his new power" and "the debut of the Super Sons’ new secret headquarters!" The Titans love him, he's got a new power, and him and Damian get an official new clubhouse to operate out of.

I wonder if Jon helping Damian through Batman's decision that "rocks Robin’s world forever" will be what fully solidifies Damian's loyalty? That'd actually be really clever and an excellent use of current Batman continuity (if Cat says yes).

All in all, Super Sons seems like the best thought out book in the Superman line right now, and lucky for me it's ridiculously right up my alley.

I'm going to echo everyone and say that this book keeps getting better and better and yeah @Soubhagya that girl in the 70's fro is frigging awesome.

love their outfits as well

Spectacular Member

This book is the only current book in all DC Comics whose stories make sense.

Wonder Woman is bad. Really, what's the point now? Where's Diana going? They're too influenced by the movie and by her love affair with Trevor.
    Superman is destroying Jor-El mythos and Oz makes no sense.
    Batman is currently dealing with a possible MARRIAGE and a half-dozen dark batmen running wild in Gotham... Oh God.
    Flash, Titans, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns and Aquaman are all sub-par with bad story-lines.

Supergirl and Superwoman are worth of cancellation.

The New-Superman is for manga and chinese-japanese comics followers. If you like that style, ok, if you don't... well...

Super Sons is well written and well drawn.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Oh new characters. Nice
    Good thing Robin borrowed that universal translator.
    So cute how Jon keep forgetting his powers

Attachment 54965
    Great issue, but it has my favorite panel of the series so far.
    Super-Wink.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

i want pennywise to meet jon and damien

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Well this looks fun. Damian saying Jacked that's not like him.
    The girls look fun.
    Why is this book monthly again I can't be expected to wait so long between issues
    It's a trade off. It's a monthly, but that allows us to have every issue with beautiful, beautiful Jorge Jimenez art.

So did this issue take place on one of the 52 earths on the multiverse map or does that only apply when it's convenient?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by InsanePeasant66 View Post
    So did this issue take place on one of the 52 earths on the multiverse map or does that only apply when it's convenient?

There's a lot of multiverse we don't know, the 52 are only the "know" multiverse. That's how you can have space for things like the Dark Multiverse. Beyond the 52, its Here Be Dragons.