Default I've started collecting Spider-Man comics again

...in tradepaperback form, so far I've nearly collected all of Classic!Spider-Man 2099 (save for Vol. 4) & Volume 1 of the latest 2099 series, Spider-Man (90's) Vol. 1 "Torment", and the Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 - 4 (1999) by J. Michael Straczynski. This has been my biggest comic buying streak in ages since probably the 90's clone saga era ...and speaking of which, I am probably going to buy Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider when that becomes available in TPB too. Has anyone else found themselves buying more Spidey after a long hiatus (in my case 20+ year hiatus)?
    Last edited by Spiderfang; 09-14-2017 at 05:11 PM.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    ...in tradepaperback form, so far I've nearly collected all of Classic!Spider-Man 2099 (save for Vol. 4) & Volume 1 of the latest 2099 series, Spider-Man (90's) Vol. 1 "Torment", and the Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 - 4 (1999) by J. Michael Straczynski. This has been my biggest comic buying streak in ages since probably the 90's clone saga era ...and speaking of which, I am probably going to buy Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider when that becomes available in TPB too. Has anyone else found themselves buying more Spidey after a long hiatus (in my case 20+ year hiatus)?
    i had a similar hiatus but haven't recommitted like you. i just buy whatever looks interesting to me at the time. so far i only bought spider-verse and clone conspiracy as full arcs

looks like i'm one of those terrible event sales spikers
    troo fan or death

BANNED

I'll be collecting the Renew Your Vows trades, and soon I'll be considering the IDW collections of the ASM newspaper strip

I came back to comics after a twenty year hiatus and did some catching up myself... In the last few years, I've picked up every Essential Spider-man, Spectacular Spider-man, and Web of, I've got all the JMS trades leading into Civil War, One More Day, Brand New Day, all through Slott's run into present single issues (which I eventually sell to pick up the trades). I've also gotten into Spidey 2099, and a bunch of other Spider-man related stuff.
    And that's not to mention all the other trades of other stuff I've found that I always wanted and a lot of stuff I never knew existed or recently came out that has just been up my alley.
    Since coming back to comics like 5 years ago, I must have picked up a few hundred trades. I have a huge shelf of just Spidey related, with some Daredevil, some cosmic Marvel, a small amount of Batman and Flash, and a lot of Vertigo and Image books.

Astonishing Member

I stoped reading Spider-Man comics during the Clone Saga and re started reading comics in the 2000s but more buying older comics featuring Spider-Man that new comics.
    Started to read Amazing Spider-Man on a regular basis at the start of Brand New Day.
    So it was with Brand New Day that i started to collect again both new and older Spider-Man comics.

It's interesting that many have had the same experience with the books like I have, though probably different reasons for quitting/taking a break. The only reason I stopped was because I lost some/most of my clone saga and other Marvel comics and didn't feel inspired to re-buy them again.

I would recommend the Marvel unlimited app.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rhino View Post
    I would recommend the Marvel unlimited app.
    I prefer to collect the actual physical editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    I prefer to collect the actual physical editions.
    I'm with you on having the physical books over digital, but I got into the unlimited app on a holiday deal and it's helped me catch up on a bunch of stuff I would not have bought otherwise. And, I've been able to screen some stuff before buying. I've been able to save money on books I didn't like and put that money on stuff I did.

For instance, I started reading Tom King's Vision on MU, and I went straight to Amazon for the trades after reading a few issues.