View Poll Results: Better Team Leader: Captain America or Cyclops?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • cap

43 30.28%
  • cyke

99 69.72%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Cyclops vs. Captain America. Who deserves the title "Better leader"?

Cyclops. One of the few people in comic's I actually feel comes off as an actual leader rather than some f#@#₽er that yells a catch phrase before they jump into battle.He's the character that organically grew from a self doubting second guesser to the man that couldn't afford to lose or everything would fall apart.
    Best leader Marvel has ever created. And its even funnier when you consider that they actually wanted to make him look bad. In the end, he was the greatest hope for mutantkind.
    Pretty much this. Cyclops is a character who contrasts the modern idea of a 'badass'.

Captain America is the most overrated comic book character. He's the leader of the Avengers just because he holds the name of U.S.A.
    His super soldier serum, combat moves and boomerang shield don't impress me.
    Why is Captain America leader of the Avengers when Thor has thousands of years of battle experience?

Both Cyke & Captain America have the same values, both offer different ways of protecting loved ones, people and the worlds
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

I think its more of a tie. Cap is better at some things while. Cyke is better at others.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

you already know what the answer is going to be. Its a biased question posted by a biased poster in a bias forum

Cap is better.

Both of them are great leaders. No doubt about that. Best in the whole Marvel universe.

On the battle field, leading the team into a combat, I would say they're on equal level.

But I think Cyclops is much better outside of that. People follow Captain America mostly just because he's Captain America. Not many will rebel against him. Just because he's Captain America(see Secret Empire. Deadpool and Punisher). Cyclops on the other hand, has to manage a group full of f$%k ups. In which 90% of people feel like they have the right to question Cyclops about anything. It almost never happens that Cyclops says something and others just nod and do the thing. Everybody and their granddaddy feels rebellious. I think leading a group like that is way more impressive.

Also, Cap had to never go through stuff like M-day.

I love cyke way more than Steve rogers, but cap has this vote. His ability to rally and inspire is unparalleled. Towards the end of the utopia era you had a few x-men doubting cyclops and that number only grew towards schism. I would say he grew into an unparalleled general- but the way that cap leads the avengers as a whole, both as a super hero team AND as the protectors of the people is grander in scale and he has been doing it for decades. Cap's powers that don't impress the OP (his combat skills and SSS) aren't what make him a great leader, it's his tact, resourcefulness, and above all Empathy (which cyke was a little challenged at) that has made cap an astounding leader for so long- he's almost become an immortalized symbol that inspires rather than an actual person.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    you already know what the answer is going to be. Its a biased question posted by a biased poster in a bias forum
    In the marvel general forum cap would already be leading by a wide margin, I am sure

Default Whos the better Leader: Cyclops or Captain America?

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    In the marvel general forum cap would already be leading by a wide margin, I am sure
    Not necessarily.

http://community.comicbookresources....sident-and-why

Fantastic Member

from my perspective, both characters have been dragged through the mud in the comics, especially from AvX onwards. I feel both will study the people they work relentlessly to best utilize their talents in battle. I feel Cyclops with his "unique spatial awareness" should have an edge as an on field strategist, but I'd end up giving a slight edge to Cap as a leader, because of his natural charisma. I hate to say it, but Scott's inability to look someone in the eye so they can see his sincerity may be a serious drawback. For me, in a world where heroes are allowed to be heroes and not crapped on for drama every event, Cap would be the general, but Cyke the field leader and they'd be great friends.

I love both characters but Cyclops is literally one of my all time favorites so I admit some bias.

Cyclops is to me one of the best tactical leaders of the Marvel Universe. While Cap is good I don't even think he's the best the Avengers have ever had that's probably Janet Van Dyne. To put bluntly Cap is a Soldier Cyclops is a General.

Morally both men are good people but especially these days I don't count Hydra Cap that wasn't Steve. Cap is the boycott once who Scott was and while Scott is has gone to more aggressive actions to protect mutants the last decade or so his race was becoming an endangered species when doing so. Also Cap has done questionable things to when too look to Civil War his Soldier side and willingness to accept losses for a greater win is a good example.

In the end both men are good characters and great heroes. I'm just disappointed Cyclops doesn't get the respect even in the mutant community in the comics anymore that Cap still gets by all.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    thats not even the same question

Cap is more inspiring, but Cyke seems to have better plans. He gets stuff done without the benefit of Steve's plot armor - which isn't Batman level, but still considerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats not even the same question
    No, it's not. But it's quite similar. A president is kind of a leader of a whole country.

Saying that Cap would win in Marvel section doesn't really have evidence behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Both of them are great leaders. No doubt about that. Best in the whole Marvel universe.

On the battle field, leading the team into a combat, I would say they're on equal level.

But I think Cyclops is much better outside of that. People follow Captain America mostly just because he's Captain America. Not many will rebel against him. Just because he's Captain America(see Secret Empire. Deadpool and Punisher). Cyclops on the other hand, has to manage a group full of f$%k ups. In which 90% of people feel like they have the right to question Cyclops about anything. It almost never happens that Cyclops says something and others just nod and do the thing. Everybody and their granddaddy feels rebellious. I think leading a group like that is way more impressive.

Also, Cap had to never go through stuff like M-day.
    A group of Eff-ups? you mean people not indoctrinated to believe in the vision he represents?

The thing Cyclops has to deal with is that most mutants developed their powers at teenagers and their life went to crap/ or always were crap and they had to deal with it. Sean Cassidy who was a member of interpol isn't going to do everything some American college kid says cause some bald civil rights figure appointed him as team leader. Same with Gambit Louisianan a Thief from a society of thieves, Storm a young woman worshiped as a goddess by Kenyan pastoralists ( Pastoralism not breeding the most gentle of people groups), and a 130 year old Canadian super solider with anger management issues.

Its fortunate that Colossus and Night Crawler have such amiable personalities, Captain America is a character built out of the American Mythology. Cyclops especially the Claremont version who used the Civil rights era as a template is a direct challenge to that mythology. No one is going to drop their life experiences to follow any designated leaders orders, and definitely not without constant challenge.