View Poll Results: Better Team Leader: Captain America or Cyclops?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • cap

43 30.28%
  • cyke

99 69.72%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Captain America is better on the field, but Cyclops is better in a long term strategy and as a ''commander''.

BANNED

How can Cap win against Cyclops? Cyke wins!

HOnestly I think Steve is considered THE best leader. He commands gods and kings. Stick him in a story like Infinity with rulers of entire galactic empires, and by the end of it Steve is running the whole show. In a story called Avengers vs X-Men by the end of it, Steve is leading both teams (ironically enough against Cyclops). Heck, you can even argue he's the best team leader not just in marvel but in all of comics, as we saw in JLAvengers, as even Batman and Superman agreed that Steve should be in charge.

Being a team leader is simply Steve's thing. That's just how he's written. And I think a part of that is because Cap has certain intangible qualities that other excellent field leaders like Scott or Batman lack... in addition to being tactically sound, I think Steve has the ability to inspire others in a way no other comic book character can except maybe Superman. And maybe that's why he's considered the best of the best. He's sort of a mash up of Batman and Superman in this regard... and that's tough to top.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    A group of Eff-ups? you mean people not indoctrinated to believe in the vision he represents?

The thing Cyclops has to deal with is that most mutants developed their powers at teenagers and their life went to crap/ or always were crap and they had to deal with it. Sean Cassidy who was a member of interpol isn't going to do everything some American college kid says cause some bald civil rights figure appointed him as team leader. Same with Gambit Louisianan a Thief from a society of thieves, Storm a young woman worshiped as a goddess by Kenyan pastoralists ( Pastoralism not breeding the most gentle of people groups), and a 130 year old Canadian super solider with anger management issues.

Its fortunate that Colossus and Night Crawler have such amiable personalities, Captain America is a character built out of the American Mythology. Cyclops especially the Claremont version who used the Civil rights era as a template is a direct challenge to that mythology. No one is going to drop their life experiences to follow any designated leaders orders, and definitely not without constant challenge.
    Yeah... that's why Cyclops' leadership is way more impressive. People aren't going to drop their life and follow Cyclops just because. Cap on the other hand, Secret Empire? He becomes Hydra and half the people in Marvel are like "Yeah! He's doing the right thing!" Can you imagine stuff like that ever happening with Cyclops?

Repost from the other thread:

Captain America is better on the field, but Cyclops is better in a long term strategy and as a ''commander''.

I'm a fan of Cyclops and think he's a more interesting character and better than Steve but if we're talking about who's the best leader then I vote Cap. Its simple Scott can not inspire people like Steve can and this is a fundamental quality of being a leader and probably the only thing Steve is better than Scott.

On the other hand as we have seen in SE this sometimes becomes a problem and Scott has another quality that Steve not have. Scott is willing to cross certain lines to save mutants and is better to adapt to any situation while Steve is rigid as a stone he will not compromise his ideas even to save lives which becomes a problem when there are no easy solutions as we have seen in Time Runs Out.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yeah... that's why Cyclops' leadership is way more impressive. People aren't going to drop their life and follow Cyclops just because. Cap on the other hand, Secret Empire? He becomes Hydra and half the people in Marvel are like "Yeah! He's doing the right thing!" Can you imagine stuff like that ever happening with Cyclops?
    Yeah... I couldn't ever see that.
    IMG_0396.JPG

No, it's not. But it's quite similar. A president is kind of a leader of a whole country.

Saying that Cap would win in Marvel section doesn't really have evidence behind it.
    Its not though. Asking who is the better leader is not the same as asking who would you want to lead a country, especially when there are so many other choices in that poll.

BANNED

Ahahaha. Nice one.

I'm a fan of Cyclops and think he's a more interesting character and better than Steve but if we're talking about who's the best leader then I vote Cap. Its simple Scott can not inspire people like Steve can and this is a fundamental quality of being a leader and probably the only thing Steve is better than Scott.

On the other hand as we have seen in SE this sometimes becomes a problem and Scott has another quality that Steve not have. Scott is willing to cross certain lines to save mutants and is better to adapt to any situation while Steve is rigid as a stone he will not compromise his ideas even to save lives which becomes a problem when there are no easy solutions as we have seen in Time Runs Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Yeah... I couldn't ever see that.
    IMG_0396.JPG
    I said in Marvel. Not what the fans think. Bendis era Cyclops was considered a straight up terrorist in Marvel universe.

BANNED

I said in Marvel. Not what the fans think. Bendis era Cyclops was considered a straight up terrorist in Marvel universe.
    All mutants are considered terrorists.

There's too much complacency in the Xbooks not enough work for human/mutant relations. Kitty tries, but she's so damn arrogant and unlikable that humans don't care what she says. Jean would've been an excellent replacement for Xavier.

Not to mention that most of the people who followed Bendis's Cyke were those that really didn't have anywhere else to go when the series had started. Colossus wanted Magick dead for her part in the Colossonaught period, Magneto was wanted along with the P5 for being Magneto, Emma was busted out of prison, and new students went along because of who rescued them, often from the forces of law and order that had decided that becoming a mutant strips you of any rights you once had.

That leaves the Stepford Cuckoos - who basically went with Mom and Dad (Emma is the mother, and Cyclops is the closest thing to a father figure they have dealt with), and the time-lost O5, who only joined up after the JGS displayed a willingness to hand them over to some extremely unvetted time-travelers that turned out to be the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants instead of the future X-Men.

captain america is literally so foolishly like? he has no real powers it's just americans trying to show their patriotism for the 838429th time
    I feel as if captain Americais a lil wimp running around with his shield and no real superpowers
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    HOnestly I think Steve is considered THE best leader. He commands gods and kings. Stick him in a story like Infinity with rulers of entire galactic empires, and by the end of it Steve is running the whole show. In a story called Avengers vs X-Men by the end of it, Steve is leading both teams (ironically enough against Cyclops). Heck, you can even argue he's the best team leader not just in marvel but in all of comics, as we saw in JLAvengers, as even Batman and Superman agreed that Steve should be in charge.

Being a team leader is simply Steve's thing. That's just how he's written. And I think a part of that is because Cap has certain intangible qualities that other excellent field leaders like Scott or Batman lack... in addition to being tactically sound, I think Steve has the ability to inspire others in a way no other comic book character can except maybe Superman. And maybe that's why he's considered the best of the best. He's sort of a mash up of Batman and Superman in this regard... and that's tough to top.
    This is the correct answer.