View Poll Results: Better Team Leader: Captain America or Cyclops?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • cap

43 30.28%
  • cyke

99 69.72%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Cyclops: Hurts a few people blowing a killer cloud= "worse than Hitler!"
    Captain: Actual Nazi Dictator!= "Meh, we all have our dark sides."
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Both are incredible leaders, both are capable of leading in the field.. Rogers maybe being a little more apt to physical tasks (because he's a super soldier after all), but I give Cyclops the nod as a better strategist and tactician. So Scott.

Repost from the other thread...

Both are incredible leaders, both are capable of leading in the field.. Rogers maybe being a little more apt to physical tasks (because he's a super soldier after all), but I give Cyclops the nod as a better strategist and tactician. So Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    All mutants are considered terrorists.

There's too much complacency in the Xbooks not enough work for human/mutant relations. Kitty tries, but she's so damn arrogant and unlikable that humans don't care what she says. Jean would've been an excellent replacement for Xavier.
    Not really. Im sure there are people that would think that but the government, SHIELD nad those in power labeled him as such and he was actively hunted. Most mutants are left alone as they are citizens with basic human rights. Cyclops was a criminal, a fugitive on the run. There's a difference between personal opinion and government classification

Going by feats, Captain America is mostly a field tactician. His WWII actions and every events where he's leading showed him has a good tactician, but he was never the ''go to guy'' for strategy.

As for Cyclops, he usually create the main strategy, while being a very good field tactician.

Scott he was the leader of an entire race not just a team. Caps morale compass would fail him if he were put in half the situations Cyclops was put in.

I would say it's a tie. Captain America is more inspiring, while Cyclops is a better strategist. I'm not saying that the other doesn't have same of the other qualities, but I think they excel at inspiration and strategy respectively. In all honesty the best strategical leader that the Avengers have is Iron Man, and Jean Grey is probably the most inspiring X-Man, but neither to the degree that Cap and Cyclops have with their own strengths.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. Im sure there are people that would think that but the government, SHIELD nad those in power labeled him as such and he was actively hunted. Most mutants are left alone as they are citizens with basic human rights. Cyclops was a criminal, a fugitive on the run. There's a difference between personal opinion and government classification
    The government just sent sentinels to demolish New Tian and hasn't done anything to protect mutants.

I think both men have their strengths but Cap is a Soldier and Cyclops a born leader even Wolverine who has served with both has stated a few times Cyclops is the best tactician and leader he's ever served under.

Paraphrasing from the other thread I think it's a tie. Captain America is a better inspirational leader and Cyclops is a better strategist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I'm a fan of Cyclops and think he's a more interesting character and better than Steve but if we're talking about who's the best leader then I vote Cap. Its simple Scott can not inspire people like Steve can and this is a fundamental quality of being a leader and probably the only thing Steve is better than Scott.

On the other hand as we have seen in SE this sometimes becomes a problem and Scott has another quality that Steve not have. Scott is willing to cross certain lines to save mutants and is better to adapt to any situation while Steve is rigid as a stone he will not compromise his ideas even to save lives which becomes a problem when there are no easy solutions as we have seen in Time Runs Out.
    So Captain is a better leader because he inspires people? People whose main thing is inspiring often get caught up with maintaining that image instead of doing what's necessary. I vote Cyclops because he's willing to do the right thing even if that means tarnishing his reputation and ruining his life. Even when he does right, he doesn't get credit yet he still keeps his course. Meanwhile, Captain Hydra is already being redeemed and seen as a victim. Seems many of the MU leaders are more concerned with the way they come off than actually doing the right thing (which is oftentimes the hardest thing).

You probably should have post this on the Marvel board, where you would get a better mix of opinions.

Anyway...I voted for Cap. When a major crisis happens, almost every hero on Earth looks at Cap for leadership.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Basically you want Cap to give that motivational speech before battle and you want him by your side on the field. Cyclops is the S.O.B. you want calling the shots so you get home.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The government just sent sentinels to demolish New Tian and hasn't done anything to protect mutants.
    they rarely do but we were talking about a specific era in X-men history. The way Cyclops was classified and treated by the government was not how the X-men and mutantkind were as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    You probably should have post this on the Marvel board, where you would get a better mix of opinions.

Anyway...I voted for Cap. When a major crisis happens, almost every hero on Earth looks at Cap for leadership.
    I think that makes him more inspiring or more popular. Doesnt really say much about his actual leadership skills, at least not directly

Like him or not: Cap's entire deal is to be an inspiring Leader and Icon. Cyclops is not.
    When Steve turned evil he managed to get people to just offer him the world. Cyclops can't even unite the X-Men.

I give them comparable strategic skills in the field but overall this isn't even remotely a contest.

But judging from what the guy said who posted the original thread, this seems to be a popularity contest and nothing more anyway.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter