View Poll Results: Better Team Leader: Captain America or Cyclops?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • cap

43 30.28%
  • cyke

99 69.72%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    remember house of M, cap was a non factor and Cyclops lead the charge. AvX? cyclops was right, not cap
    VERY true. I wasn't going to vote for either because I felt there should have been another option of "equal". But I'm voting for Cyke now.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    In the marvel general forum cap would already be leading by a wide margin, I am sure
    Interesting perspective. This thread is in Scott's back yard. Put the poll on the Marvel General forum.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Interesting perspective. This thread is in Scott's back yard. Put the poll on the Marvel General forum.
    Agreed. This would give us a more true outcome. Having it here eschews the results.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But you arent telling me anything about his actual skills and experience. Just that people like and follow him. Thats where inspiration and popularity comes into play
    Wait, what are you looking for? Are you looking for a defining moment that proves that Cap is a better leader? He leads the Avenger, he led Earth's force against more then one world ending or universe crushing situation. What particular are you looking for?

Cyke is great leader but he doesn't command the forces of Earth when **** hits the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    remember house of M, cap was a non factor and Cyclops lead the charge. AvX? cyclops was right, not cap
    What!?! Cap was an old man during that storyline...i don't even think he was active during that story. Cyke lead cause it was an X-Story...it had been universal, Cap would have been in charge.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-15-2017 at 01:40 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Wait, what are you looking for? Are you looking for a defining moment that proves that Cap is a better leader? He leads the Avenger, he led Earth's force against more then one world ending or universe crushing situation. What particular are you looking for?

Cyke is great leader but he doesn't command the forces of Earth when **** hits the fan.

What!?! Cap was an old man during that storyline...i don't even think he was active during that story. Cyke lead cause it was an X-Story...it had been universal, Cap would have been in charge.
    House of M an x-story? Read more as an Avengers story with X-Men characters. That's just me though.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    House of M an x-story? Read more as an Avengers story with X-Men characters. That's just me though.
    The story that ends with more then 90% of earth's mutants population without powers.

BANNED

Captain America is a f***** fascist. Scott is the leader who fought off fascists. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Captain America is a surperior leader than a Captain America.
    He's the man that can inspire his troops.
    Cap is the man who'd sacrifice himself for his team and ideals.
    Captain America is one of the best tacticians and leaders in the Marvel Universe.
    Hell, there's a reason why people blindly follow him, as we saw in Civil War and Secret Empire.
    It's because Cap can inspire people in a way Cyclops can't.
    He's a man you can trust.
    He was selected to be the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. for. Reason.
    He wouldn't cheat on his wife.
    He wouldn't authorize a team of assassins.
    He wouldn't kill his father figure and mentor, no matter what life dealt him.
    He's the type of guy who stands up to impossible odds, such as Infinity Gauntleted Thanos.
    #CyclopsWasWrong
    Attachment 54761
    Cyclops killed the professor. Not cool.
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Scott he was the leader of an entire race not just a team. Caps morale compass would fail him if he were put in half the situations Cyclops was put in.
    I totally agree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    All mutants are considered terrorists.
    The Captain Fascist and his hypocritical discourse on terrorism.

I'm voting for Cyke because he's a mutant.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    The Captain Fascist and his hypocritical discourse on terrorism.

Is that from the original Secret Wars? If so, pretty gutsy writing there. I also like the poster who said that the reason Captain America and Cyclops seem so diametrically opposed in terms of their reception is that Cap embodies the American Mythology and Cyclops, being part of an allegory for the 1960s civil rights movement and other such movements for the rights of oppressed peoples, challenges that mythology with his very existence, so of course people will be far less receptive to Cyke than to Cap.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I'm voting for Cyke because he's a mutant.
    Well it is the X-Board...lol

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

house of M is not an X story, it was a story about the fate of Wanda Maximoff, who is an avenger. Cap was an old man and stayed an old man, because they didn't need him. Cyclops was capable enough to lead everyone, and he did

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    Cyclops killed the professor. Not cool.
    He also cheated on Jean with a sloot.