View Poll Results: Better Team Leader: Captain America or Cyclops?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • cap

43 30.28%
  • cyke

99 69.72%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    He also cheated on Jean with a sloot.
    and Jean cheated on Scott with Logan. people seem to forget that

BANNED

**** these facists. I vote Kitty Pryde.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    He also cheated on Jean with a sloot.
    Steve banged his girls niece.

Also even Logan who has served under both men has said on a few occasions Scott is the best natural leader he's ever known.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Steve rogers is the better leader in my opinion, secret empire is not a factor to my decision since hydra Steve or Stevil was an alternate version of the real good Steve rogers, the real good Steve Rogers never did the things hydra Steve did.

But many will twist the facts to suit their own narrative and claim Steve is a fascist when the truth is real good Steve and hydra Steve are two entirely different people, the real good Steve never did the things Stevil or hydra Steve did.

I've always liked Steve more then Scott but in general I've always liked the x-men and still do reguardless of my opinion of who the better leader is.

Lastly I must say i honestly don't hate Scott as a character.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 09-15-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    HOnestly I think Steve is considered THE best leader. He commands gods and kings. Stick him in a story like Infinity with rulers of entire galactic empires, and by the end of it Steve is running the whole show. In a story called Avengers vs X-Men by the end of it, Steve is leading both teams (ironically enough against Cyclops). Heck, you can even argue he's the best team leader not just in marvel but in all of comics, as we saw in JLAvengers, as even Batman and Superman agreed that Steve should be in charge.

Being a team leader is simply Steve's thing. That's just how he's written. And I think a part of that is because Cap has certain intangible qualities that other excellent field leaders like Scott or Batman lack... in addition to being tactically sound, I think Steve has the ability to inspire others in a way no other comic book character can except maybe Superman. And maybe that's why he's considered the best of the best. He's sort of a mash up of Batman and Superman in this regard... and that's tough to top.
    Funny!!!

I remember quite clearly the Onslaught arc and it was Cyclops leading the way and commanding everybody, including Steve and the Odinson.

As for who is the best leader, is Cyclops by a LANDSLIDEEEEEEEEEEE.

Cyclops unfortunately (or fortunately) lives life in a Hard Mode Setting and he succeeds for the most part even with the unfair hardships.

Whereas Steve Rogers is VERY MUCH a Gary Stu with a bunch of sycophants around and while facing challenges, his challenges are EASY MODE compared to Cyclops and what the X-Men face.

Is a matter of a hard life success vs. Gary Stu writing and which weights more to you.

I go with Cyclops and isn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Scott he was the leader of an entire race not just a team. Caps morale compass would fail him if he were put in half the situations Cyclops was put in.
    Agreed.

I don't think Steve supporters can't deny this.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    house of M is not an X story, it was a story about the fate of Wanda Maximoff, who is an avenger. Cap was an old man and stayed an old man, because they didn't need him. Cyclops was capable enough to lead everyone, and he did
    Yet it's called "House of M"...what in the world could that M stand for....?

So odd...Wanda goes crazy and magically changes everything so that her father Magneto and his Mutant family are the ruling power of the planet. Not only that, Mutants pretty much rule every major country on Earth...but its not a X-Story. REALLY....
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Yet it's called "House of M"...what in the world could that M stand for....?

So odd...Wanda goes crazy and magically changes everything so that her father Magneto and his Mutant family are the ruling power of the planet. Not only that, Mutants pretty much rule every major country on Earth...but its not a X-Story. REALLY....
    it's not an x-story. it's an Avengers story. it even starts out with the Avengers calling the X-Men in as a courtesy since Wanda is a mutant. It was even written by Bendis who was writing the Avengers. next?

House of M...that M stands for what?

Wait, what did Bendis also write....could it be an X title? What led up to the story doesn't matter as the story centers around mutants....which means X-men. The Avengers were not major parts of the story (yes I know they had some part in the story). The whole story is about Magneto and his family and how mutants would rule the world.

Also, if you wanna use House of M to show Cyke's leadership, then you gotta admit that he failed miserable. His leadership got over 90% of his people wiped out. All because, he didn't have a plan to stop Wanda.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-16-2017 at 01:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    HOnestly I think Steve is considered THE best leader. He commands gods and kings. Stick him in a story like Infinity with rulers of entire galactic empires, and by the end of it Steve is running the whole show. In a story called Avengers vs X-Men by the end of it, Steve is leading both teams (ironically enough against Cyclops). Heck, you can even argue he's the best team leader not just in marvel but in all of comics, as we saw in JLAvengers, as even Batman and Superman agreed that Steve should be in charge.

Being a team leader is simply Steve's thing. That's just how he's written. And I think a part of that is because Cap has certain intangible qualities that other excellent field leaders like Scott or Batman lack... in addition to being tactically sound, I think Steve has the ability to inspire others in a way no other comic book character can except maybe Superman. And maybe that's why he's considered the best of the best. He's sort of a mash up of Batman and Superman in this regard... and that's tough to top.
    I don't like Cyclops AT ALL, but you do understand that characters like Captain Flag and, to a 1.5% less extent, Cyclops, "command gods and kings" and know the plot in advance because the storytellers say that's what happened, right?

The entire premise of this thread doesn't make sense, and not just because they both have the same plot haxxors powers.

Who has the better plot armor? Cap maybe, by about 2% lol

BANNED

Captain America and Cyclops are both great leaders. I give the edge to Captain America because he is the rarer type, but I give a lot of credit to Cyclops for leading in a more difficult situation. Captain America's persona and demeanor inspires. There are some guys who just show up and you feel better and more confident when they are around... Cap is the hallmark of that feeling. For whatever reason, Cyclops could never quite master the art of inspiration (the most difficult part of leadership). You have to look at both and realize that Cap had much more time and experience and was constantly praised and accepted in his role while Cyclops only solace for a successful action was the team living. He often came off as abrasive and the boy scout in a situation where it didn't really resonate with the team he was leading. Honestly, there was no other way for him to play his part, and it is hard having the likes of your Wolverines constantly back biting your actions.

The X-Men would fight the good fight and the only sounding board for their actions were each other, while when the Avengers won there were parades and hi-fives. This is huge in instilling confidence in your leadership and such features are demonstrated in the feel of the respective comics. Avengers were the world's heroes while the X-Men were hated. Add on's to the Avengers all knew Cap while add on's to the X-Men didn't know what Cyclops brought to the table. These behaviors are shown in the comics.

It's difficult to place them in the other's shoes... I suspect that the doubt would still creep into Avengers if Cyclops lead them much like all the admiration would die out for Cap had he led the X-Men. The place where Cap's inspiration came from is lost to the plight of mutants and a lot of Avengers would have seriously questioned anyone else EXCEPT for Cap.

Cyclops is an unsung hero in comics. It is a close race but the edge for me is Cap just because we have seen no real instance of the team rallying behind him like Cap when he hit's up an, "Avengers Assemble".
    Last edited by Professional; 09-15-2017 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I don't like Cyclops AT ALL, but you do understand that characters like Captain Flag and, to a 1.5% less extent, Cyclops, "command gods and kings" and know the plot in advance because the storytellers say that's what happened, right?

The entire premise of this thread doesn't make sense, and not just because they both have the same plot haxxors powers.

Who has the better plot armor? Cap maybe, by about 2% lol
    Cyclops doesn't have half the plot armour Cap has. Cyclops more like has a plot knife stabbing him all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    House of M...that M stands for what?

Wait, what did Bendis also write....could it be an X title? What led up to the story doesn't matter as the story centers around mutants....which means X-men. The Avengers were not major parts of the story (yes I know they had some part on the story). The whole story is about Magneto and his family and how mutants would rule the world.

Also, if you wanna use House of M to show Cyke's leadership, then you gotta admit that he failed miserable. His leadership got over 90% of his people wiped out. All because, he didn't have a plan to stop Wanda.
    the M stands for Magnus aka Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    the M stands for Magnus aka Magneto.
    IIRC, Bendis said the "M" wouldn't stand for Magneto. Though, i cant remember where i read that from.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Cyclops doesn't have half the plot armour Cap has. Cyclops more like has a plot knife stabbing him all the time.
    LMAO, ain't it the truth...