View Poll Results: Better Team Leader: Captain America or Cyclops?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • cap

43 30.28%
  • cyke

99 69.72%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    House of M...that M stands for what?

Wait, what did Bendis also write....could it be an X title? What led up to the story doesn't matter as the story centers around mutants....which means X-men. The Avengers were not major parts of the story (yes I know they had some part in the story). The whole story is about Magneto and his family and how mutants would rule the world.

Also, if you wanna use House of M to show Cyke's leadership, then you gotta admit that he failed miserable. His leadership got over 90% of his people wiped out. All because, he didn't have a plan to stop Wanda.
    Bendis was not writing X-Men at the time. He was writing Avengers. The M stands for Magnus not mutant. you really don't have any argument here. You have opinions, but they've been wrong. and Cyclops didn't fail, he lead the charge that actually saved many mutants, himself included. Had he not been there with Dr. Strange and the others all mutants would be depowered.

House of M...that M stands for what?

Wait, what did Bendis also write....could it be an X title? What led up to the story doesn't matter as the story centers around mutants....which means X-men. The Avengers were not major parts of the story (yes I know they had some part in the story). The whole story is about Magneto and his family and how mutants would rule the world.

Also, if you wanna use House of M to show Cyke's leadership, then you gotta admit that he failed miserable. His leadership got over 90% of his people wiped out. All because, he didn't have a plan to stop Wanda.
    How is House of M not an Avengers story? It served as a follow up to Avengers Dissasembled, which ironically chronicled how that team failed Wanda and what started that whole mess. A story can be about more than one franchise
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-16-2017 at 06:38 AM.

BANNED

All because, he didn't have a plan to stop Wanda.
    LMAO. Cyke haters love to bring up how after House of M he became more extreme, even assembling XFORCE to hunt down his own son, and how this tarnished his character. AND NOW, they're complaining that he wasn't more extreme in dealing with Wanda? The only thing he could've done was kill her, something Emma Frost though of, and something Emma haters (often Cykehaters too) used against her to show she's a "villain".

BANNED

This poll is impartial already by being placed in the X-Books section. Should be in the main Marvel section. Anyway, I vote for Cap because he's the clear choice. I don't vote for terrorists who train child soldiers to be sent out to die and kill their mentors and cheat on their wives.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    Bendis was not writing X-Men at the time. He was writing Avengers. The M stands for Magnus not mutant.
    A story about Magnus or Magneto or Mutants...all things X-related, not one hint of A for Avengers. The whole story is about mutants in control. The book is even branded as a X-Men/Avengers crossover.

you really don't have any argument here. You have opinions, but they've been wrong.
    From what I see you might want to read the books again. At most you can say its an X-Men/Avengers crossover with the Avengers only really showing up in the side books and the last two issues

and Cyclops didn't fail, he lead the charge that actually saved many mutants, himself included.
    Yes, he saved a few (somewhere over 100) but let millions more die. Gotcha...

Had he not been there with Dr. Strange and the others all mutants would be depowered.
    Odd way of putting that. Their attack is what finally help push Wanda over the edge.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-16-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Let them die? Your phrasing this like Scott specifically stood by and let it all happen. For that to be true Scott would have to have had foreknowledge of what Wanda was planning and have a means to stop it, then decide not to. Obviously that wasn't the case. Even the worst Cyclops haters in the MU don't blame Scott for M Day.

BANNED

Waaa. I thoughtthis was a fight. Captaib America is the better leader but Cyclops wins in a fight

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Let them die? Your phrasing this like Scott specifically stood by and let it all happen. For that to be true Scott would have to have had foreknowledge of what Wanda was planning and have a means to stop it, then decide not to. Obviously that wasn't the case. Even the worst Cyclops haters in the MU don't blame Scott for M Day.
    I'm not blaming him, I'm pointing out that House of M is not the moment I would use to show his leadership skill.

Cyke is an amazing leader and probably just under Cap when it comes to strategy and tactics but using HoM to prove his leadership ability is not the best example.

The heroes didnt accomplish anything and in the end, Wanda wipe out almost all mutants.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-16-2017 at 12:27 PM.

BANNED

This ought to be a leadership poll for Storm vs Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I love Storm but she is not beating Cap when it comes to leadership.

BANNED

I love Storm but she is not beating Cap when it comes to leadership.
    We'll never know unless we try.

Cyclops. Captain America is more a motivational speaker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Kitty Pryde V Captain America

A story about Magnus or Magneto or Mutants...all things X-related, not one hint of A for Avengers. The whole story is about mutants in control. The book is even branded as a X-Men/Avengers crossover.

From what I see you might want to read the books again. At most you can say its an X-Men/Avengers crossover with the Avengers only really showing up in the side books and the last two issues
    Thats not true. The Avengers were utilized throughout the main book

Did Captain America let Wanda destroy the Avengers and kill Vision, Hawkeye and Scott Lang? He was dating her, dumped her, while failing to realize how messed up she was, leading her to completely lose it. That really is what ultimately laid the groundwork for House of M and the greatest tragedy in mutant history

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    We'll never know unless we try.
    Storm is a good tactician and she great at inspiring others to fight for what's right. She more a Queen...while Cap is a master General.

Now with that being sad, she is probably the best female leader in Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not true. The Avengers were utilized throughout the main book
    I'm sure a lot happened in the side books

Did Captain America let Wanda destroy the Avengers and kill Vision, Hawkeye and Scott Lang? He was dating her, dumped her, while failing to realize how messed up she was, leading her to completely lose it. That really is what ultimately laid the groundwork for House of M and the greatest tragedy in mutant history
    I know this Havok. It still doesn't change the fact it was a story about mutants.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-16-2017 at 12:48 PM.