View Poll Results: Better Team Leader: Captain America or Cyclops?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • cap

43 30.28%
  • cyke

99 69.72%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm not blaming him, I'm pointing out that House of M is not the moment I would use to show his leadership skill.

Cyke is an amazing leader and probably just under Cap when it comes to strategy and tactics but using HoM to prove his leadership ability is not the best example.

The heroes didnt accomplish anything and in the end, Wanda wipe out almost all mutants.
    I'd argue that strategy and tactics is where Scott is stronger, with Steve being the more charismatic and uncompromising of the two.

The deal with Scott is that he's always facing a kobayashi maru. Sometimes getting out alive, or mostly alive is the best case scenario. That's just the x-men's lot. The Avengers don't generally have to deal with that reality. It's very difficult to compare the two leadership situations because they both call for different leadership styles.

Storm is a good tactician and she great at inspiring others to fight for what's right. She more a Queen...while Cap is a master General.

Now with that being sad, she is probably the best female leader in Marvel.
    If Jean had been around to develop her leadership abilities further I think she'd have that honor. Storm putting Kitty in charge says a lot about her confidence in her own leadership abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    It's very difficult to compare the two leadership situations because they both call for different leadership styles.
    I totally agree with this part.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    If Jean had been around to develop her leadership abilities further I think she'd have that honor. Storm putting Kitty in charge says a lot about her confidence in her own leadership abilities.
    Well they can't all be winning ideas...lol

Truthfully, Kitty is not doing bad, everybody is still alive...but I would love to see Storm's reasoning behind her decision.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

A story about Magnus or Magneto or Mutants...all things X-related, not one hint of A for Avengers. The whole story is about mutants in control. The book is even branded as a X-Men/Avengers crossover.

From what I see you might want to read the books again. At most you can say its an X-Men/Avengers crossover with the Avengers only really showing up in the side books and the last two issues

Yes, he saved a few (somewhere over 100) but let millions more die. Gotcha...

Odd way of putting that. Their attack is what finally help push Wanda over the edge.
    A story about Magneto? he's not in it that much. It's a story about Wanda and Pietro, who are both Avengers.Cyclops saved 198 mutants. there was literally a mini series called 198. Had he not been there to lead the attack, there would be 0. Nothing pushed Wanda over the edge, she was already crazy. she brought Hawkeye back and killed him again. If anything. Pietro manipulated her. Magneto was the red herring

Storm is a good tactician and she great at inspiring others to fight for what's right. She more a Queen...while Cap is a master General.

Now with that being sad, she is probably the best female leader in Marvel.

I'm sure a lot happened in the side books
    of course alot happened in the side books but I was disputing your claim that the Avengers only showed up in the last two issues of the main series, which isnt true

I know this Havok. It still doesn't change the fact it was a story about mutants.
    that was pure sarcasm and response to you claiming Scott let the mutants die. My point is what Wanda did in Disassembled was beyond Cap's control just like what she did in HoM was beyond Scott's. He acted to minimize lost but she was already far gone

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    A story about Magneto? he's not in it that much. It's a story about Wanda and Pietro, who are both Avengers.
    I'm done, we have reached a point of pointless debate. Go reread the story. As a matter of fact, read the cover that states "House of M" Avengers/X-men.

Cyclops saved 198 mutants. there was literally a mini series called 198.
    Yeah...two things. From what I remember, Doctor Strange and Emma saved the 198. Also, Wanda's powers have a unreliable factor to them...which means her powers are not perfect and something will always fall through her reality manipulation ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that was pure sarcasm and response to you claiming Scott let the mutants die. My point is what Wanda did in Disassembled was beyond Cap's control just like what she did in HoM was beyond Scott's. He acted to minimize lost but she was already far gone
    I got that, I was pointing out that HoM was not a good example of Cyke's leadership. His attempt to save the day failed and millions were either depowered or died because of it.

This is not a slight against Cyke as the story was gonna happen no matter who was in charge...

I'm not a big Cyke fan but I can think of way better stories then HoM, to prove he a good leader.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-16-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I'm done, we have reached a point of pointless debate. Go reread the story. As a matter of fact, read the cover that states "House of M" Avengers/X-men.

Yeah...two things. From what I remember, Doctor Strange and Emma saved the 198. Also, Wanda's powers have a unreliable factor to them...which means her powers are not perfect and something will always fall through her reality manipulation ability.

I got that, I was pointing out that HoM was not a good example of Cyke's leadership. His attempt to save the day failed and millions were either depowered or died because of it.

This is not a slight against Cyke as the story was gonna happen no matter who was in charge...

I'm not a big Cyke fan but I can think of way better stories then HoM, to prove he a good leader.
    I don't need to reread it, House of M is one of my favorite stories. you're right though, this conversation is over. you have an idea of what you think happened and so do I. this is all pointless

Incredible Member

Deserves? Cyclops doesn't deserve anything, he is the better leader. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    Deserves? Cyclops doesn't deserve anything, he is the better leader. Ha!
    Basically.

I came in here after I posted in the "would you rather be in X-Men or X-Force" thread and I find myself using the same determining factors to make my decision. Cap is more inspirational since he is the embodiment of the country, but Cyke is the guy willing to do what it takes to get it done, even if that means someone ends up dead. This gives Cyke an edge that Cap can't beat when it comes to leading a team based on physical violence.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Cyclops has tried to protect his people and is called Hitler by his teammates.
    Cap has litteraly been Hitler and will probably be fine and trusted.
    Hence Cap is the better leader of men.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    That just means Cap is more likable. it doesn't mean he's a better leader

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    To be fair, that wasn't Cap but Bizarro Cap, though the Cyclops is Hitler this is even more stupid in retrospect after Death of X came out.

Though gotta say, missed opportunity that Cyclops was dead during Secret Empire. Imagine if he was leading the resistance against Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    To be fair, that wasn't Cap but Bizarro Cap, though the Cyclops is Hitler this is even more stupid in retrospect after Death of X came out.

Though gotta say, missed opportunity that Cyclops was dead during Secret Empire. Imagine if he was leading the resistance against Hydra.
    That would have put him as the hero against Cap - Marvel can't allow something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You really want to watch the Earth Marvel Universe burn, right? LOL!