Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Default Superman Friends and Allies who should return from obscurity

My personal preferences:

Pete Ross (and mention that he and Lana Lang are divorced. She's over it, he isn't, really.)

Jose Delgado (as Gangbuster, or maybe he's give up being Gangbuster, but he's a good character regardless)

Jerry White (yes, he's still alive, and no, he's not Luthor's son)

Ron Troupe (he's only been seen in flashback -- establish that he used to be married to Lucy Lane and he got custody of their son, Sam)

Guardian (the Jim Harper clone -- as far as I know, nothing's been done with him since 2010)

Linda Danvers (just once would make me happy -- and yes, she should meet Kara)

Other possibilities?

Extraordinary Member

Most of those you listed should be brought back. Linda Danvers especially needs to be brought back.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

OH BOY, do I have some recs for you.

The Atom: Ray Palmer

Does anyone remember Ray and how he used to advise and support Superman and the Legaue. Does anyone else miss how Ray used to stand on Supes' shoulder?

https://78.media.tumblr.com/21332ae8...q4io5_1280.jpg

https://78.media.tumblr.com/dfd0ca6d...q4io7_1280.jpg

https://78.media.tumblr.com/76f013e2...pq4io6_500.jpg

Doctor Fate: Kent Nelson

Does anyone remember Kent Nelson and how he used to be DC's resident "Sorcerer Supreme"?

https://78.media.tumblr.com/51b11e03...q4io2_1280.jpg

Doctor Light: Kimiyo Hoshi

Also underused. Also stuck in limbo.

There is another Supes/Light team up from Justice Legaue of America vol 2 80-Page Giant, but I can't find any scans from it. Supes and Kimiyo are transported to fedual Japan and help Samurai (Superfriends) fight and defeat Steppenwolf.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/a5492d5b...o8_r1_1280.png
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 10-09-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Spectacular Member Embryonic Superman's Avatar

Agreed about Linda Danvers. Just because she's not Supergirl anymore doesn't mean she can't be rebranded as a new hero. I've thought for a while now that she could be the Superman family member whose area of expertise is in the supernatural and mystical.

As far as regular citizens, it'd be nice to see Keith White again. Hell, he could even befriend Jon, as it'd be nice if his social circle extended further than weirdo sociopath kid sidekicks.

Guardian (Jim Harper)
    Dubbilex
    Shay Veritas
    Baka

Not exactly friends or allies, but basically innocents nonetheless: The Underworld DNAliens. I'd love a story where Cadmus recloned new versions of all those characters who died in the original Clone sickness/Fall of Metropolis storyline.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-09-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

LOSH. That is all
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I'm steadfast that the path to rebuild the LOSH is to not start off by giving them their own title again. This has been done to nothing but failures of late over and over again. Why? Their relevance has dissolved to the point that they can't support their mythology on their own anymore. It sucks but it just happened. To rebuild them, they should be supported by the Superman franchise again, just like they started. Then maybe with time they can grow in popularity again to warrant their own title.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

I'd very much like to see Kimiyo Hoshi again. Given how concerned contemporary comics writers/editors are with "diversity," it seems strange that DC isn't utilizing a Japanese woman who's already been a Justice League member. (Granted, she's a single mom. But surely the League can provide child care?)

Bring back Josiah Power too! Not that he ever had very much to do with Superman.

Well, Ray Palmer is having issues of his own right now, being stuck in the decaying microverse and trying to save it. Justice League of America is on the case though. And Lobo is using one of his arms as a club.

And there's actually a character called "Baka"?

I find that funny. Because in Japanese, "baka" means stupid, or idiot.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And there's actually a character called "Baka"?

I find that funny. Because in Japanese, "baka" means stupid, or idiot.
    Still have no idea why Pak named him that. He's the prince of a subterranean empire, and he has the ability to shift between a childlike form and a kaiju-like form. It seems like Pak directly based him off Japanese monsters, so having Superman name him "baka" seemed strange to me, but I just rolled with it because the story was dope. Check it out if you haven't.

Maybe if they bring him back they can name him "King Kaiju" or at least tell us his given game or tittle.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Yep, dunno why Pak chose that name, but the character was adorable nonetheless.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    My personal preferences:

Pete Ross (and mention that he and Lana Lang are divorced. She's over it, he isn't, really.)

Jose Delgado (as Gangbuster, or maybe he's give up being Gangbuster, but he's a good character regardless)

Jerry White (yes, he's still alive, and no, he's not Luthor's son)

Ron Troupe (he's only been seen in flashback -- establish that he used to be married to Lucy Lane and he got custody of their son, Sam)

Guardian (the Jim Harper clone -- as far as I know, nothing's been done with him since 2010)

Linda Danvers (just once would make me happy -- and yes, she should meet Kara)

Other possibilities?
    I'll steal 2 of your ideas (Guardian/Jim Harper and Pete Ross) and raise you a Kon-El, and at least the founding members of the Legion.

Cheers.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Still have no idea why Pak named him that. He's the prince of a subterranean empire, and he has the ability to shift between a childlike form and a kaiju-like form. It seems like Pak directly based him off Japanese monsters, so having Superman name him "baka" seemed strange to me, but I just rolled with it because the story was dope. Check it out if you haven't.

Maybe if they bring him back they can name him "King Kaiju" or at least tell us his given game or tittle.
    Yeah, just looked up some images. Looks interesting, but someone better straighten that out before they decide to bring "Baka" back.

Linda Danvers for sure. The Superman franchise needs a magic expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, just looked up some images. Looks interesting, but someone better straighten that out before they decide to bring "Baka" back.
    I don't think it needs to be messed with if the concept ever returned. What it means in Japanese is fairly irrelevant. Amusing, if one knows Japanese, but irrelevant all the same as in English it means absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-09-2017 at 04:18 PM.