Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kaine currently seems like the most popular Spidey character created after Carnage. But he's not a villain.

Mr. Negative has to be the answer, right?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some gangwar stuff between Mr. Negative and the Hood in ASM.

-Pav, who loved the Hood's first stories so much...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I'm going to go with Fusion from Jenkins' run. He used his power well, and had a reason for hating Spidey.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm going to go with Fusion from Jenkins' run. He used his power well, and had a reason for hating Spidey.
    Really loved that story and it's absurd that it hasn't been revisited in all this time yet (much) lamer post-Venom villains have seen 3,4,5 appearances since then.

Spectacular Member

Mr Negative. He has cool powers, his split personality gimmick makes him a foil for Peter (who often struggles to balance his two lives), he works as a better fit for Spider-Man's "organized Crime" nemesis, since his powers and kooky henchmen make him feel more comic-booky than Kingpin or the other crime bosses Peter had fought prior (Spider-man is an inherently more comic booky character, and I think his villains need a certain oomph to them. Fisk is awesome, but he fits the more grounded world of Daredevil more than he does the slightly colorful Spider-Man world). Plus, he is appearing in the new video game as a major villain, so more casual fans will now recognize him going forward.

I honesty don't know how Carnage escaped the 90s. He's the relic that wouldn't fossilize.

I'd go with Mr. Negative like a lot of the thread.

I think Morlun was best left as a one-off for the first JMS story.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Screwball again. I like nuisance villains.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Really loved that story and it's absurd that it hasn't been revisited in all this time yet (much) lamer post-Venom villains have seen 3,4,5 appearances since then.
    It is weird. I think it's mainly due to how under the radar Jenkins' run has been. Jenkins also killed him off in a Thor mini-series, although that should be easy to reverse (an illusionist has no difficulty faking his death.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets