Page 43 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Just saw another comment about the Kelpian fighter pilots -- sure, it's important to have Saru's sister for emotional oomph, but those reinforcements should've been the Queen's fleet. Aside from being warp-capable, we know nothing about her people, but we know for sure that Kelpians can barely operate a telescope.

I love how Control one upped our heroes. They merely weaponized every craft they had. Control WEAPONIZED THE HULL PLATING!!!! *cackles*
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    They couldn't/wouldn't jump to the other side of the galaxy because with Control in the ship, Control could always prevent the jump or jump them back -- this is why the self-destruct and the Enterprise's torpedoes wouldn't work (and if Entrprise fired again, Control would have reacted some way).
    I should have been more specific. This is a gripe about last episode before Control's fleet arrived. Discovery could have grabbed the Queen and her technology, jumped to the Beta Quadrant, charged the time crystal there, then done everything else they need to do to get to the future without every directly engaging Control. The plan was never to have Bondage Empress valiantly save the day by defeating Control; the plan was to escape from Control with the Sphere data.
    Last edited by nx01a; 04-19-2019 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I guess I got my wish season 3 is gonna take place in the far future lol. I hope we also get a Captain Pike show too.

Substitute Section 31 for Pike! Or is the proposed academy show going to feature Pike? That would be mean, cruel, and perfect.
    And Discovery should have been set in the future to begin with.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member

Since Discovery is going to the future, it'll be cool if season 3 and the Picard show run concurrently, they can do a crossover. And yea; I'd dig Pike getting his own series too.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Since Discovery is going to the future, it'll be cool if season 3 and the Picard show run concurrently, they can do a crossover. And yea; I'd dig Pike getting his own series too.
    Never say never in Trek, but while the Picard series is set twenty years after Nemesis at around d the start of the 25th century, season 3 of Discovery will be in the 3300s.

Unless the Federation has become completely decadent and degenerate, it should have a further control over time travel and Q knows what else by the 3300s. Being able to travel anywhere is moot once you can time/dimension/reality travel. Discovery might end up being outdated even though it has an incredibly powerful drive by 'our' post-Nemesis perspective. I always wanted a 'Tomorrow's Enterprise' story about someone going into the future and trying to fit into ridiculously advanced society while on a mission.
    Last edited by nx01a; 04-19-2019 at 08:09 PM.

I would love to see Pike-Enterprise show set sometime between the finale and the day that now Fleet Captain Pike hands over command of the Enterprise to James Kirk, or possibly right up the Pike's incapacitation from exposure to Delta rays.

So Discovery is going to become Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda? Sentient ship in the far future with a crew looking to restore The Systems Commonwealth or in Discovery's case The Federation. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda_(TV_series)

It's kind of funny that it's three seasons in and the show is still searching for a premise.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    So Discovery is going to become Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda? Sentient ship in the far future with a crew looking to restore The Systems Commonwealth or in Discovery's case The Federation. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda_(TV_series)

It's kind of funny that it's three seasons in and the show is still searching for a premise.
    Eh, Kurtzman said Control is dead. The sentient ship concept is a big part of Andromeda.

BANNED

Never say never in Trek, but while the Picard series is set twenty years after Nemesis at around d the start of the 25th century, season 3 of Discovery will be in the 3300s.
    Maybe they will run on to Enterprise-J? When the Enterprise-J service time took place?

Eh, Kurtzman said Control is dead. The sentient ship concept is a big part of Andromeda.
    The Short Trek titled "Calypso" takes place in the future. The ship is The Discovery, and it's sentient.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member

So having a charged time crystal waiting for Discovery 950 years in the future was never thought of?
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The Short Trek titled "Calypso" takes place in the future. The ship is The Discovery, and it's sentient.
    Ah, right. My bad.

Still, it was an empty ship there.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Maybe they will run on to Enterprise-J? When the Enterprise-J service time took place?
    That ship was in the 26th century.