Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26667273747576
Results 1,126 to 1,133 of 1133

Another ok episode I didn't hate it but didn't love it either.

Funny thing is Rayner, Moll, and L'ak are probably the 3 characters I'm enjoying the most.

Nitpick annoyance Why not make the ship the ISS Exeter, or Excalibur, or Constellation, or whatever just not the Enterprise? We've seen the ISS Enterprise your Disco/SNW Enterprise doesn't match it. I swear Disco just wants to annoy me somedays.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Another ok episode I didn't hate it but didn't love it either.

Funny thing is Rayner, Moll, and L'ak are probably the 3 characters I'm enjoying the most.

Nitpick annoyance Why not make the ship the ISS Exeter, or Excalibur, or Constellation, or whatever just not the Enterprise? We've seen the ISS Enterprise your Disco/SNW Enterprise doesn't match it. I swear Disco just wants to annoy me somedays.
    It makes sense that the ISS Enterprise would look like the USS Enterprise we know from Discovery and Strange New Worlds though
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It makes sense that the ISS Enterprise would look like the USS Enterprise we know from Discovery and Strange New Worlds though
    As stupid as it is the in universe explanation is that the Enterprise went through 4 refits.

1: Original Design likely used under April and Pike during his early voyages footage was even used in Disco's "If Memory Serves".

2: The Disco/SNW Era refit.

3: TOS Era which is now a refit.

4: Film Era.

This episode is saying the Empire or more notably Spock's Resistance downgraded the Ship to a past version. Why do that when all they had to do is use another Constitution Class from the TOS Era. You get your memberries without messing with continuity. Thank God this shows writers only have a few more episodes to mess with.

As stupid as it is the in universe explanation is that the Enterprise went through 4 refits.

1: Original Design likely used under April and Pike during his early voyages footage was even used in Disco's "If Memory Serves".

2: The Disco/SNW Era refit.

3: TOS Era which is now a refit.

4: Film Era.

This episode is saying the Empire or more notably Spock's Resistance downgraded the Ship to a past version. Why do that when all they had to do is use another Constitution Class from the TOS Era. You get your memberries without messing with continuity. Thank God this shows writers only have a few more episodes to mess with.
    I don't think they're going to make it so the original TOS design is a refit, or the original films. This is just the design of the Enterprise now due to changes in how the audience expects the future to look.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

The ISS in Mirror Mirror actually used the Cage design/stock footage on the outside; problem though, the interiors were from the TOS era.

Although it's possible bridge designs can change. While not necessarily a 'past version' the bridge in the movies looked pretty different in each movie. Although I-III and the first A one use the same basic set they're all pretty different; the TWOK version seems to use smaller (maybe took out some wall panels) probably to look a bit closer to the TOS version (Spock's console in particular is moved to it's original place) III changed a few details, IV has the Okuda grams, V I think is intended to be partially transitional to TNG, TUC uses some panels.

I think the explanation is that the Bridges are modular and can be basically plugged in, although it's more of a "beta canon" explanation. In one of the novels it's revealed that the TOS Enterprise bridge still survives in a fleet museum connected to another Constitution class.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't think they're going to make it so the original TOS design is a refit, or the original films. This is just the design of the Enterprise now due to changes in how the audience expects the future to look.
    Then they can say what they want but it's not the same timeline. Because as much as I like SNW previous shows TOS, TNG, DS9, & ENT which all used the original TOS designs and even Picard to the extent of showing the classic Constitution did exist given the USS New Jersey is in the Fleet Museum supersedes SNW and especially Disco.

Then they can say what they want but it's not the same timeline. Because as much as I like SNW previous shows TOS, TNG, DS9, & ENT which all used the original TOS designs and even Picard to the extent of showing the classic Constitution did exist given the USS New Jersey is in the Fleet Museum supersedes SNW and especially Disco.
    It is the same time line specifically because they say so. You can decide you don't like it if you want, but they get to decide what is in continuity not individual fans.

At the end of the day it's personally pretty easy for me to just accept that it's a TV show not a historical document and that currently the creators have decided to update the aesthetics based on advances of science and modern design expectations.

The Jersey didn't have any interior sets though they could readily use by simply dimming the lights and adding a few Mirror Universe props.

Even the few times the TOS bridge shows up in the spin-offs it's 90% archival footage and tiny pieces of set (Like in Relics and Trials and Tribbleations) blended in with the exception of the Constitution class Defiant in In A Mirror, Darkly for Enterprise. And I'm guessing those sets are long gone. There are fan recreations I guess but I'm not sure they'd be ready in time or have the right elements etc.

Kind of wonder if this wouldn't have worked better as the Defiant, actually...but oh well.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth