Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Just saw the trailer for the New season.

Sigh. Apparently the universe is in danger again and only our brave crew can....blah blah blah. If the stakes are always this sky high it just produces a numbing effect in me. It's like the strategy is to keep throwing 'splosions and phaser shootouts and faux inspirational stuff pulled from the nearest cubicle poster at us so we don't have time to think that none of this makes sense. It's turned into a big budget action spectacle with the crew we have all come to know and love. Oh wait a second..xv0ec9fvzki71.jpg
    This picture definitely describes my experience. I can't name one person from that photo.

I watched all of Season 1 (I watch episodes here and there from other seasons) but the only four characters I can remember are Michael (she's force fed to the audience), Lorca (He carried 85% of the show for me), Saru (For what he had to work with, good acting performance) and Michelle Yeoh (Huge fan of her but this show she's forgettable)

I want to get back into Star Trek again, I really do, but none of this new content is appealing to me. Discovery is the same formula which I can't stand

- Michael is front and center. Force fed and anything she does is over the top drama (I dislike her character the most)
    - Most of the cast is forgettable
    - Same plot, save the universe
    - Far too emotional
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 10-15-2021 at 01:27 PM.