Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Well, they are Klingons. Who would they be without someone to fight?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    STO (although I don't think it's canon) and I think some of the possible alternate futures do kind of state that the Klingons went to war with the Federation again.
    I'm actually about to finish the newest Kilngon expansion on STO. But yes, another war is a possibility but there a couple of other players making this happen, so we'll see...

Ultimate Member

Nice to see other STO players here

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Nice to see other STO players here
    I really enjoy it (especially loved the DS9 content/storyline) and always looking for more people to play with

Ultimate Member

It was interesting to me STO got many of the actors from the shows and movies to return. Star Trek always seemed a bit stricter about canon outside of the movies and shows than, let's say, Star Wars. I'd say STO handled some of the characters better than Discovery did.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    It was interesting to me STO got many of the actors from the shows and movies to return. Star Trek always seemed a bit stricter about canon outside of the movies and shows than, let's say, Star Wars. I'd say STO handled some of the characters better than Discovery did.
    Discovery does have it's issues, for sure. I still enjoy the show and this past season was so much better than the second, imo. Hoping that continues.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Discovery does have it's issues, for sure. I still enjoy the show and this past season was so much better than the second, imo. Hoping that continues.
    Season 3 was a marked improvement. I hope that also continues and season 4 is even better

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That wouldn't be a terrible story per say, but I'd rather stick just accepting that the changes are due artistic choices behind the scenes, it's less convoluted that way.
    Agreed. Never saw the episode myself, just read online about the Enterprise episode that revolved around explaining why Klingons looked different during the original series. Totally unnecessary, IMO. Worf's "we don't discuss it with outsiders" was good enough lol.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Agreed. Never saw the episode myself, just read online about the Enterprise episode that revolved around explaining why Klingons looked different during the original series. Totally unnecessary, IMO. Worf's "we don't discuss it with outsiders" was good enough lol.
    It was actually a pretty solid storyline...I just didn't really need it per say, I fully understood that the ever changing look of the Klingons had to do with the restraints of the budgets and limitations of make up techniques at the various times it changed during the show. It's a piece of serialized fiction that's almost 60 years old at this point so I don't expect or in many cases desire there to be a strict visual fidelity as what worked on TV in 1965 doesn't necessarily translate to 2021.

It's the same thing with technology, I don't need the Enterprise to have reel to reel computers, clunky analog dials, switches, levers and nearly zero visual computer interfaces in shows just because that's all they could imagine/ pull off on a tv budget in 1965 because that's not what the future of technology looks like now.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I don't think Discovery needs to be beholden to 60s Star Trek aesthetics

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Just popping back in on this thread. So Nov 18, that is now three premiers for me in November(Flash, He-Man:Rev and now Disco)

Saw the trailer and am glad Saru is back. The uniforms look good.
    Detmer is in my top 5 of characters in the cast I feel got some good S3 development. Hope she gets more in S4.

Someone mentioned seeing an evolved Ferengi and I'd be curious where we are with them. In TNG we saw them as war for profit type raiders. Through the lens of DS9 and quark we saw primarily the entrepreneur and business side of their culture. I've long held there have to be some Ferengi out there that are really more represented by the likes of ROM. Just a Ferengi looking to put food on the table cause they don't have the ears for good business. So how has their society aged up in this gap of time.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Just saw the trailer for the New season.

Sigh. Apparently the universe is in danger again and only our brave crew can....blah blah blah. If the stakes are always this sky high it just produces a numbing effect in me. It's like the strategy is to keep throwing 'splosions and phaser shootouts and faux inspirational stuff pulled from the nearest cubicle poster at us so we don't have time to think that none of this makes sense. It's turned into a big budget action spectacle with the crew we have all come to know and love. Oh wait a second..xv0ec9fvzki71.jpg
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

Sigh. Apparently the universe is in danger again and only our brave crew can....blah blah blah. If the stakes are always this sky high it just produces a numbing effect in me. It's like the strategy is to keep throwing 'splosions and phaser shootouts and faux inspirational stuff pulled from the nearest cubicle poster at us so we don't have time to think that none of this makes sense. It's turned into a big budget action spectacle with the crew we have all come to know and love. Oh wait a second..xv0ec9fvzki71.jpg
    This is true. In this picture I can only name Kayla Detmer. I like the blond girl who replaced the cyborg lady but I can't recall her name.

From the right... Detmer! Reece(?). Joanne! Former Cyborg Actress. Not-Travis.

Honestly, only Detmer and Joanne Owosekun matter, and I'd love to see more of their friendship.

'The Big Bad Of This Season' has become tiresome, I concur. From the Klingon War to the AI Apocalypse PIC ripped off to The Burn, it's really exhausting. Doctor Who does something similar, and I've burnt out on that for the moment, but I'm still going to give DIS s4 a chance since I mostly enjoyed s2 and s3. I'm up for some relatively aimless exploration with continuing character arcs, and hopefully that's what SNW will deliver.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I have not seen every episode a dozen times....that explains why Detmer is the only one of this group I can name. The amount of available and produced shows across networks&cable from mid 80s to ENT end in early 00's pales to now. Not to mentions shows that interested me.

My backlog of shows to still get to(looking at you Justified, Turn, Longmire, yes GoT, Jack Ryan and more) is crazy. I don't have time to watch ST on repeat like I once did.
    I'm still trying to figure out when to get SEE season 2 in that dropped back in August.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime